Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I will never sell that 44.

I wasn't going to anyway....but I fully intend to give everything away.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

This makes me happy. Nugget

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I think you’ll be ok.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have the 586 and enjoy shooting it, bought it when they first came out.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be careful what you ask for, You might get it... I sent my 8" Python back to Colt in the early 90's requesting them to smooth & lighten the trigger... I figured i'd get a slightly lightened lawyer trigger at best, So i explained in the note that it would only be used for target shooting and never for self defense or hunting... When i got it back the trigger was as smooth as silk and the pull was as light as a feather (too light IMO)... Although the gun is a joy to shoot and very accurate, I never keep it loaded on my nightstand anymore, As i don't feel comfortable with the hammer cocked and a trigger that light...

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
As i don't feel comfortable with the hammer cocked and a trigger that light...

Huh??? Why would you keep the hammer cocked?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

I didn't keep the hammer cocked, But when i have had to pull a revolver on someone, I instinctively cock the hammer and i wouldn't want to shoot someone by mistake!...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 11/24/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

I didn't keep the hammer cocked, But when i have had to pull a revolver on someone, I instinctively cock the hammer and i wouldn't want to shoot someone by mistake!...

You need some handgun training.

BADLY.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have a 28 I bought used and if you shoot it single action the trigger is dangerously light. Just touch and it fires. I need to have it fixed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I have a 28 I bought used and if you shoot it single action the trigger is dangerously light. Just touch and it fires. I need to have it fixed.

I have shot others' guns that had triggers so light they would go off just by touching them. Don't care for that at all.

If I ever inadvertently bought a gun that was like that and hadn't handled it before I bought it, I would certainly change it.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/24/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

I have shot others' that had triggers so light they would go off just by touching them. Don't care for that at all.

If I ever inadvertently bought a gun that was like that and hadn't handled it before I bought it, I would certainly change it.

The mainspring tension screw at the bottom front of the grip frame on a S&W is usually the cause. Make sure it's tightened. May have to get a replacement, as some people file the end off the screw so it has their desired tension but still tighten down into the grip frame threads.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Jim I have a mountain gun 4” 44 mag that I’ve put thru the ringer and it’s been fantastic. I’m surprised to hear this of yours. Good luck with it.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trigger rebound spring problem. They are sold with different weights. But old gunsmiths usually just cut one ring off.
If that happens you get what you get. Sometimes single action is to light. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Trigger rebound spring problem. They are sold with different weights. But old gunsmiths usually just cut one ring off.
If that happens you get what you get. Sometimes single action is to light. Hasbeen

That too.

I'd usually cut them off a bit at a time until I got it where I wanted it.

Stoning the machine marks where that rebound assembly runs smooth against the frame is probably more helpful in getting a smooth action.

Lots are happy with a lighter action, but don't pay attention to "smooth". You ought to be able to feel the bolt lock into the cylinder in a slow double action pull. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will NEVER send anything to S&W again, the last time I did my custom 624 was stolen on its way back to me and I had to fight S&W for partial compensation.

If you want your revolver tuned, I highly recommend Ahlman's in Morristown, MN. Ahlman's pistolsmiths are at least as good as those anywhere else that I've tried, plus their prices are great and their turn around time fast. I have Ahlman's do what they call an action job to smooth and tune the action and trigger and ream the forcing cone on all of my shooter, not collector, revolvers. I recommend Ahlman's to anyone who will listen and have yet to hear from a dissatisfied customer. The last time that I looked, the action job fee was $95 and the forcing cone ream job was $40, money well spent IMO.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 79S

if your pulling on soomeone then you might as well shoot them

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I will NEVER send anything to S&W again, the last time I did my custom 624 was stolen on its way back to me and I had to fight S&W for partial compensation.

If you want your revolver tuned, I highly recommend Ahlman's in Morristown, MN. Ahlman's pistolsmiths are at least as good as those anywhere else that I've tried, plus their prices are great and their turn around time fast. I have Ahlman's do what they call an action job to smooth and tune the action and trigger and ream the forcing cone on all of my shooter, not collector, revolvers. I recommend Ahlman's to anyone who will listen and have yet to hear from a dissatisfied customer. The last time that I looked, the action job fee was $95 and the forcing cone ream job was $40, money well spent IMO.

Who was responsible for the gun getting stolen? S&W, or the shipping company. Insured?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

That too.

I'd usually cut them off a bit at a time until I got it where I wanted it.

Stoning the machine marks where that rebound assembly runs smooth against the frame is probably more helpful in getting a smooth action.

Lots are happy with a lighter action, but don't pay attention to "smooth". You ought to be able to feel the bolt lock into the cylinder in a slow double action pull. smile

I had my friend Bubba show me what to smooth and what to leave alone. If you own many revolvers, you at least need to know how to clean and oil them.
I’ve got a couple that are only reliable with federal primers. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You haven’t given them all away yet? I do, almost as fast as I get them, since I don’t own a canoe……..🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S&W wheel gun?
Easiest trigger job ever!
I use Arkansas stones. Just slick up the bearing surfaces and lube slightly. Trigger pull will be slick as glass.
I NEVER trim the hammer return spring and always tighten the hammer strain screw fully.
Mess with either spring and you can throw ALL the timing off and may cause misfires.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.