Print Thread
Hop To
O
OSU_Sig Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I read this every year. This year I plan to give copies to my nieces, nephews and all family members who would benefit from understanding why this is part of the fabric that makes America so exceptional. I hope you enjoy...

https://patriotpost.us/references/75920-the-history-and-legacy-of-our-national-thanksgiving

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now the liberal are saying
schools are teaching Thanksgiving story is wrong .......I cant post it .....Los Angeles lesson plan calls students' understanding of Thanksgiving 'problematic' and 'wrong'........LOS ANGELES, Calif. (CITC) — Students are encouraged to question the history of Thanksgiving in the largest public school district in California.

The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) has various advisory lessons available to educators created by its Office of Human Relations, Diversity & Equity. Teachers are asked to use these lesson plans in their classrooms either as designed or as starting points to then adapt.

A presentation created in June titled "Let's Talk about Thanksgiving" suggests to children that everything they understand about Thanksgiving is "wrong." It lays out two "stories" of the holiday: one being "the version we learn in school" and the other being "the Native American version."The presentation calls various perceived truths about Thanksgiving "myths." The idea that "Thanksgiving is a celebration of the unity between the Indigenous Peoples and the European settlers, is given as an example of such a "myth."The second half of the "Let's Talk about Thanksgiving" presentation focuses on "Problematic Story Telling." Students are shown a video where children explain their understanding of the first Thanksgiving. Teachers are then instructed to walk students through why each explanation given was "problematic" and use provided counterpoints.

Counterpoints include a lack of evidence that the Indigenous People "gladly taught the Pilgrims how to harvest their crops" or that the two populations got along after the first holiday.

The colonists engaged in many acts of war and cruelty against the Indigenous Peoples for generations to come," a note below one slide reads.
Another presentation teaches students about the National Day of Mourning, which is considered "a way for indigenous people to remember their ancestors and grieve their genocide." Protests are held every Thanksgiving Day in Plymouth, Mass. "to raise awareness of the misrepresentation of the Indigenous people and the colonial experience."The National Day of Mourning hopes to educate folks about the true history of the colonialization of America and end the national myth," the presentation reads.At the conclusion of the presentation, students are asked if they believe people are beginning to "re-think their understanding of Thanksgiving."

Both lesson plans also recommend that students find out "whose land" they are living on and link to resources where they can learn more.

The LAUSD website does not state which grade levels the two presentations are designed for.

The National Desk (TND) has reached out to LAUSD for comment. This story will be updated if a response is received.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They ignore that fact that with many tribes, hospitality was mandatory. If an enemy walked into your home, you were obliged to feed him before you could kill him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
OSU_Sig Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm pretty sure that if the LA public schools is advocating something, common sense will be opposed to it. Screw them.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I read this every year. This year I plan to give copies to my nieces, nephews and all family members who would benefit from understanding why this is part of the fabric that makes America so exceptional. I hope you enjoy...

https://patriotpost.us/references/75920-the-history-and-legacy-of-our-national-thanksgiving

OSU...thanks for that....

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,835 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,832
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.