Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by lochsa
Aqua Seal. Neoprene patch + aqua seal if there is a hole. Dry waders completely before patching.

This is my professional advise as well. Use a good, heavy duty backing tape if the tear is more than 1/2", then aquaseal or shoe goo.
This guy ^^^^ just may have fixed a pair or three.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by boatboy
Ok first time out with a new pair of Cabelas waders
I jumped off the back of the boat ripper a large triangle out of the neoprene waders not to mention my Azz

Any good solid repair?
Have had my old ones for years always been careful
These brand new with tags rip

Dam
Hank

If you ripped your own dumb azz at the same time you ripped the waders, it ain’t Cabela’s fault.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Aqua Seal. Neoprene patch + aqua seal if there is a hole. Dry waders completely before patching.

This is my professional advise as well. Use a good, heavy duty backing tape if the tear is more than 1/2", then aquaseal or shoe goo.

Two and a pair of over-priced muck boots……last week. Lol, holy waders are no fun below freezing.

Was thinking the other day, and I think I’m in waders about 4-500 hrs per year. “And not in a good way”, as they say around here. Still better than working for the man.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Two and a pair of over-priced muck boots……last week. Lol, holy waders are no fun below freezing.

Was thinking the other day, and I think I’m in waders about 4-500 hrs per year. “And not in a good way”, as they say around here. Still better than working for the man.
Well, I worked for "the man" but I much preferred being in the waders than in the office shuffling papers!

Hated crew waders "Oh, just grab a pair hanging in the wader room" . No thank you. Whenever I'd start a new job it was first order of business to get on the computer and order a new pair

If the man complained I'd tell them first,

" there's dumbfuggs here that will put a hole in a pair, not repair it, not tell anyone, and hang it up on the hook again and just grab another pair. I want dry waders when I work"

and second"

"I know what I have on my feet, but you don't . Are you sure you want to get in my waders after I've worn them?"

Nothing like getting in some near freezing water in a pair of leaky waders some azzhat didn't bother to repair. I kept mine in my locker usually!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you have a local dive shop they should have neoprene wet suit repair materials....which will work on your waders.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by boatboy
Ok first time out with a new pair of Cabelas waders
I jumped off the back of the boat ripper a large triangle out of the neoprene waders not to mention my Azz

Any good solid repair?
Have had my old ones for years always been careful
These brand new with tags rip

Dam
Hank

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066983/

Four colors are available... Walmart will have the best price typically with free delivery $35+

Or Sika 291 (not as good, but cures faster)... I have limited experience with 291 (less than a case).

5200... hundreds and hundreds of tubes. GREAT GREAT STUFF

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/25/22. Reason: Damn autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222ND, 16penny, 73 invisible), 2,771 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.