OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This a rompola buck thread?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the young hunter left the buck in the field and went to Grandma's house to brag on facebook?

I'm confused

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably went there to get some help.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve gone from being agnostic towards Facebook to thinking that it’s members may have some kind of emotional disorder.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Probably went there to get some help.

That is how I took it. I could see how someone could come across the deer and think it had been shot and lost and claim it as their own too.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have yet to watch the video

But why not tag it, leave your hat and THEN go get help? Take a couple pics and do online check in, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Excited Kid?

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Excited Kid?

I’ve done stupider scheit at his age.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Excited Kid?

I’ve done stupider scheit at his age.

Like what?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

But why not tag it, leave your hat and THEN go get help? Take a couple pics and do online check in, etc.
Yeah I'm with you on this one. If the deer want tagged or marked then it's their own fault.

I don't see how the guy that found it could be charged for harvesting it if it wasn't marked. Unless he was not supposed to be on that property.

I've walked upon 2 deer that I can remember that had been shot and was either left for dead or the shooters were poor trackers. Unfortunately by the time I had found them they had be dead for a couple days. Both were does, not that it should make a difference!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't see anything in the story about it not being tagged.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Older buddy used to say cut the tongue off and tag, that way no one could claim your deer. Seems appro

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My take on this story is a thief / thieves stole just the deer's head w/rack and cape only, AFTER it was tagged, field dressed, skinned , etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An outstanding buck. Congratulations to the young man and I'm happy to hear he got it back.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/25/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not every state requires a deer to be tagged.

Last edited by Dave_Spn; 11/26/22.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I tagged one years ago and left it for a few hours to go back home to get the snow machine to drag it out. When I came back the coyotes or wolves had eaten most of the hind quarters. That burned my buck tag.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Probably figured because it was on their private property no one would steal it.

That's like saying it's ok to steal someone's car because they didn't put it in the garage.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You think that will stop a thief?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MPat70

Yeah I'm with you on this one. If the deer want tagged or marked then it's their own fault.

I don't see how the guy that found it could be charged for harvesting it if it wasn't marked. Unless he was not supposed to be on that property.

I've walked upon 2 deer that I can remember that had been shot and was either left for dead or the shooters were poor trackers. Unfortunately by the time I had found them they had be dead for a couple days. Both were does, not that it should make a difference!

I had a deer stolen once. No, it wasn't my fault because I didn't hang a tag on it immediately. Sometimes doing so can be foolish, and don't believe for a second that a deer having a tag would stop the scumbags from doing it.

I arrowed a descent buck about 200 yards from a trail going through national forest land. I saw it was a good shot placement with a complete pass through. I watched where the buck went and marked it in my mind, as well as where it crested me from the hill leading to the walking trail. Having learned in my youth, give a wounded deer time to die or he may be bumped never to be recovered. My practice for an arrowed buck has been 30 minutes to an hour before approaching. Even perfect shots don't give immediate kills like a rifle does. I arrowed this deer at about 1600 hours with dusk falling at 1800 hours that time of year. At about 1645, I hear a UTV approaching on the trail which is supposed to be foot traffic only. I hear it shut off and somebody yells "looks like a deer laying over there!" I start getting out of my tree stand (a climber) and finally hit the ground and sprint that direction. As I approach, the I start yelling, "hey, that's my kill!" as they close the tailgate and get back in the UTV. I went back to where the shot was placed and picked up my arrow and trailed it to exactly where I saw them loading it in the UTV. Yep, it was my deer.

I went back to my father-in-law's place where I was staying to hunt and he told me that was a common occurrence in the area and people had threatened to kill each other in those woods over claiming a deer.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 3,044 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.