Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
All good.

The video is very useful for sifting wheat from chaff.

Self proclaimed LR shooters, like LiL Fish or Shrappy Baldin, who can't read trace or impact are not the best source for optic selection.

It always starts and end the same way when I post that video and helps newer guys to sort out talkers from those with real world experience.

Visual persuasion is the most lasting.

Leupold Virtues.
You couldn’t even separate the wheat from the chaff when choosing a spotter in that vid you posted which is what started the whole thing you idiot.
“In the head…. In the antler, right in the head.”

The intensity of you're whine leads one to believe your getting CHAFF blown in you're couchie and that must be worse than sand in you're coochie. wink

Originally Posted by Jackoffmt with CHAFF in her couchie
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
I want to apologize to Mr Burns. I watched the video on my IPhone and going by what his spotter commented made a judgement.
I have not watched the video on a big screen in slow motion but several have and state that all 3 shots hit the animal.

Great Bull
1 down ^^^^^, how many to go?

LOL

I would think you have a lot more Important
scheit to be concerned about than what’s going on in the optics forum with being about to be stripped of your rights to defend yourself. Big surprise, the state that doesn’t trust you to pump your own Fugkin gas doesn’t trust you with more than 10 rds at a time, and then, only in your own home.

Originally Posted by bellydeep
When was the last time you saw a “straight” man with so many pics of other dudes on his phone?

And how many are <18????

How tell the class nobody wants to hunt with you and you don't have friends who hunt, but by using different words.

Leupold Virtures. Is that a suppressor and a MK5?

What a combo. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/26/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
VX-I 2-7x33 works great for those of us who actually hunt....... Hint

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bill_N
VX-I 2-7x33 works great for those of us who actually hunt....... Hint

Thanks for that good hint and nice buck.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got a few Leupold Virtue shots but I'm not going down that rabbithole. smile

Did anyone notice how Jack switched up his schtick to attacking Oregon when he gets shut down? LOL

Same old same old with these campfire trolls, attack the messenger rather than admit you were wrong about your message. Does anyone else find it ironic that the dozen or so guys on the campfire that do nothing but attack other people can never admit they were wrong, and never contribute anything of substance besides drunken rants and slander?

Those people are the real problem, not some guy that kills schit dead at 1000 yards.

BTW, haven't said it yet but damn good shooting Burns. Shooting anything beyond 125 yards is foreign to most of these critics so just ignore the clowns.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You Professional Victims,need some Positive Reinforcement. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Someone grab Fireballz by the poosy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupolds are good for ammo sales.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've got a few Leupold Virtue shots but I'm not going down that rabbithole. smile

Did anyone notice how Jack switched up his schtick to attacking Oregon when he gets shut down? LOL

Same old same old with these campfire trolls, attack the messenger rather than admit you were wrong about your message. Does anyone else find it ironic that the dozen or so guys on the campfire that do nothing but attack other people can never admit they were wrong, and never contribute anything of substance besides drunken rants and slander?

Those people are the real problem, not some guy that kills schit dead at 1000 yards.

BTW, haven't said it yet but damn good shooting Burns. Shooting anything beyond 125 yards is foreign to most of these critics so just ignore the clowns.

Burns seems to handle the baby seals (clowns) quite well.

More virtue signaling.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I liked Leupolds 20 plus years ago too.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
Leupolds are good for ammo sales.... wink

No kidding. Don’t touch the windage when sighting in.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I didn't switch up Scheit, I can do two things at once. I bet I could even fight to protect my 2A rights AND install a wood stove at the same time. LMAO.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/26/22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The lower rung Leupolds haven't impressed me, except the FX3/FXIII. Those have been awesome set and forget scopes in any weather or conditions.
I have had several, several VXI, VXII and similar scopes shift POI on me, and none were dialers. They've caused me to gut shoot a doe antelope which could have caused a hell of a rodeo but luckily she ran 100 yards and bedded, allowing me to get in closer and finish the job. I also had it happen in New Zealand on a borrowed rifle with a (IIRC) Vari X IIc 3x-9x, causing me to hit a red stag in the spine and later miss a hell of a bull tahr. I figured the stag thing was just me being excited and I should have rechecked zero when I first got the suspicion. Stupid me, though I did end up with a good tahr in the end. I guess that can happen with about any manufacture and especially lower end models. I am not sure I'd point the finger at Leupold for those SNAFUs.

I've been too cheap to get a top end Leupold dialer when SWFA 6X and 10X are available for $300, but may have to give one a try.

I must admit though: my three proudest trophies were all taken via Leupolds of one sort of another, though this Vari XIIc 3x-9x went down the road after it wouldn't hold zero. Luckily it started doing that after this day:

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I glean good info from most everyone here at some time or another. You just have to read between the lines.

LOL
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I liked Leupolds 20 plus years ago too.

My current ones are running just as they should. If not they would be gone.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I didn't switch up Scheit, I can do two things at once. I bet I could even fight to protect my 2A rights AND install a wood stove at the same time. LMAO.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
WyoCryo,

Holy SCHIT!!!! It looks like you REALLY "use" them! Hint.

How come the TOTAL round count of the trio,wouldn't begin to fill an empty sleeve of 20 holes? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm glad someone else feels this way too. I was beginning to feel outnumbered by jerks, but once I started ignoring the sheet-stirrers I figured out that it was only a small handful of know-it-all punks and not the majority membership.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You Melting Snowflakes and your VERY Tender Feelers,are a fhuqking HOOT...you "lucky" kchunts! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps Group Buy some Crying Karen Professional Victim T-shirts,to "vindicate" your"stance",that STUPIDY is a "virtue". Don't "forget" your Pussy Hats either. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My 338 moose killer has a leupy vx2 3-9, been on their for probably 15 yrs at least. Been beat up on the atv, killed a lot of moose, I can't remember the last time I adjusted it. Admittedly I dont shoot it much, but every year it puts a couple within an inch about 2.5" above the bullseye, then i go kill a moose at anywhere from 75- 426 yds. I've been thinking to switch it out for a 30mm dialer, but haven't brought myself to do it yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Burns seems to handle the baby seals (clowns) quite well.

More virtue signaling.

Your Virtue Signal rings load and true. Dat Mulie.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
208 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.