Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I could tell stories about a federal game warden in Ouachita Parish and his hatred of duck hunters that would curl your hair.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
About three weeks ago my cousin (who is a retired State Trooper.... and I'm only mentioning this because he was bitching about game wardens harassing him too) and I were hunting pheasants out on state game lands near another buddy's house. When we got to the parking lot another one of my long time friends was sitting there in his truck (this was PA archery season).

I got to talking to him as he had taken a buck the prior day with his crossbow. He gutted the buck and pulled it away from the gut pile then walked out to his truck to get a pen to fill the tag out. While out there the game bitch for this area pulled up and walked back to the buck with him to see it. Once he saw that it was moved TEN FEET from where it dropped without a tag on it he told my buddy to expect a citation from the Magistrate's office. For those wondering, in PA you can't move a deer an inch without a tag on it once it's dead. Spirit of the law verses intention in my mind.

Told him I'd fight it. It's only five bucks more to fight it here.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
About three weeks ago my cousin (who is a retired State Trooper.... and I'm only mentioning this because he was bitching about game wardens harassing him too) and I were hunting pheasants out on state game lands near another buddy's house. When we got to the parking lot another one of my long time friends was sitting there in his truck (this was PA archery season).

I got to talking to him as he had taken a buck the prior day with his crossbow. He gutted the buck and pulled it away from the gut pile then walked out to his truck to get a pen to fill the tag out. While out there the game bitch for this area pulled up and walked back to the buck with him to see it. Once he saw that it was moved TEN FEET from where it dropped without a tag on it he told my buddy to expect a citation from the Magistrate's office. For those wondering, in PA you can't move a deer an inch without a tag on it once it's dead. Spirit of the law verses intention in my mind.

Should have told the game warden the buck hadn't been moved but the gut pile had and he doesn't have to tag the gut pile

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MAC

Should have told the game warden the buck hadn't been moved but the gut pile had and he doesn't have to tag the gut pile
Great thinking there! You're right

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I hope he wins big. What a crock the way these cops act

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MAC

Update, I just texted him and asked if he got the fine. $294.25 lol

Gave him your idea (which is what I'd do) and he said it's not worth it to fight it. Me presonally, I would. But if I remember right he told the azzhole he moved it so it might not hold up in court.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC

Update, I just texted him and asked if he got the fine. $294.25 lol

Gave him your idea (which is what I'd do) and he said it's not worth it to fight it. Me presonally, I would. But if I remember right he told the azzhole he moved it so it might not hold up in court.
How much is a deer tag?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Not sure, Lic is around $55 I think plus archery permit (around 10 bucks I think). Ashamed I don't know for sure but I just buy mine and my sons every year, don't really pay attention. $25 for a fuggin pheasant permit.

PA sucks

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Game wardens are dicks I have stories

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
And go figure, this is an internet forum in which you can share 'em.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

That don't sound Constitutional.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We used to f-ck with them when we were young, go out spotlighting but not take any guns or ammo, and it use to piss them off.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by skeen
One stalked me thru the woods I seen him after a steep walk up a mountain only reason I stopped was to catch air “Let’s see that huntin license” after he got up to where I was.I told him first sit down catch your breath then I told him I don’t have a huntin license.”Why don’t you” I’m exempt “Can you prove that” Yes go to that house down there that’s grandmas house 🤣🤣you might get some hot rolls

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski

If you want to argue a citation in Pa it cost's 5 bucks. You have to send in the citation with the fine amount (I think, been a while since I've had one) and five extra dollars to cover it till the hearing.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by skeen
$2 national forest stamp went out cost me $150

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

If you want to argue a citation in Pa it cost's 5 bucks. You have to send in the citation with the fine amount (I think, been a while since I've had one) and five extra dollars to cover it till the hearing.

You also hafta pay the fine and costs, fore you're found guilty?

NFW.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Claude Dallas had a great way of dealing with dipshit bullies that hid behind their game warden badge….😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

You also hafta pay the fine and costs, fore you're found guilty?

NFW.
Yes. If you plead guilty you pay all of that anyway so it's only 5 bucks more to take it to a hearing.

ETA: You're asking if you have to pay everything up front, I'm pretty sure you do but not positive. If found not guilty you get your money back. Pretty sure that's how it works. Like I said I haven't had a citation for anything in quite a while (knock on wood).

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 11/26/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you’re found not guilty do you get the money back including the $5 fee?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Honestly I don't know but I think you give up the 5 bucks.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.