Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guys I worked Offshore rigs with from Columbia, Mississippi [Foxworth] told me of a jackass GW in Marion County who thought he was God.

Came out of the gate writing tickets for anything he could think of. Then one day when he was cruising some paper-mill land which was like public property back then. Two shooters mag-dumped his vehicle, mini-14 and a remington pump 270. He floor-boarded the vehicle in reverse and wrecked into the woods, jumped out and ran off into the woods, said bullets were flying past his head.
One of the shooters did two tours of Vietnam and was a crazy type before he went to Vietnam.

He told my co-workers he chased the GW through the woods yelling 'I'm going to kill you', you mf'r to the top of his lungs.< He did this in Vietnam. He showed them what it sounded like when he told the story, they said he could yell so loud it seemed impossible.
That's about all I remember, and the GW was screaming as loud as he was, the GW outran him.
The state investigated it but never was able to prosecute anybody.

If you knew this bunch I can assure you you'd believe this story and more, > old school mississippi dudes where eF around and find out took very little eF'n around.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
You guys asking, I'm going to check into it and find out for sure what one has to do. I just know that anytime I've got a traffic citation I've fought it because if you lose it's only 5 bucks more and the officer might not show up so it's worth it but it's been so long I can't remember exactly what the fees are. I'll find out for sure and post on here in this thread. I'm curious as well at this point.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I could tell stories about a federal game warden in Ouachita Parish and his hatred of duck hunters that would curl your hair.
If you are talking about Joe O. I knew him well and worked with him a few times. What he didn't like was wealthy landowners that thought they could bait, shoot over limits, use lead, etc.and nobody could mess with them. He was known to have walked 8 miles one way to make a case. Politically he was not liked but he was straight. I can promise you he did not hate duck hunters. He had a bit of a hard on for the wealthy elite that thought they couldn't be bothered.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Interesting but I can’t see how that’s constitutional. It’s only $5 but if you’re found not guilty it’s as if you shouldn’t have been in that spot to begin with so if anything the state should pay you.

What if it’s something with an extremely high potential fine? Does one have to post a couple thousand dollars for a hearing? So much for innocent until proven guilty…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Interesting but I can’t see how that’s constitutional. It’s only $5 but if you’re found not guilty it’s as if you shouldn’t have been in that spot to begin with so if anything the state should pay you.

What if it’s something with an extremely high potential fine? Does one have to post a couple thousand dollars for a hearing? So much for innocent until proven guilty…

Agreed and the state may pay back the 5 if you're found not guilty, it's been so long Idk. As to the rest like I said I'm not sure but I think you have to send payment in to get a hearing. Ya it's not right and I may be way off but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If not I'll know in a day or two and eat some crow.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
If not I'll know in a day or two and eat some crow.

Nothin wrong bout misrememberin a bad experience years ago.

I appreciate your effort ta get it straightened out.

Last edited by Fubarski; 11/26/22. Reason: SOS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's basically the cost for a hearing.pretty sure you do not get it back. You paid for a hearing, you got one.
Been that way forever, my guess is $5 was some money when it started.
Today it is so little it is a joke. $5 for 20 minutes of a magistrate's time, and facilities.

Same thing applies to any summary offense.
Never dealt with bigger charges.

Oh yeah.
You have to pay the fine and the five bucks in 10 days.
You then wait for a hearing to be scheduled.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 11/26/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

It's basically the cost for a hearing.pretty sure you do not get it back. You paid for a hearing, you got one.
Today it is so little it is a joke. $5 for 20 minutes of a magistrate's time, and facilities.

Oh yeah.

Can I not pay the 5 bucks, and bring my own judge?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
We used to f-ck with them when we were young, go out spotlighting but not take any guns or ammo, and it use to piss them off.
I've done this, when I was a teenager. Yessir, they tend to get all worked up.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Oh yeah.

Can I not pay the 5 bucks, and bring my own judge?
Haha no fuggin way. And I'm pretty sure he's right. I'll let you guys know for sure soon.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why should I be required to pay for a hearing to prove that I didn’t do what you’re accusing me of doing?

I “asked for a hearing” because you said that I did something that I claim I didn’t do and my only recourse is to “ask for a hearing”. Why shouldn’t you pay the $5 plus the original fine if I’m found not guilty? You are the one that made an accusation that you can’t prove and wasted my time.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My only experience with a game warden was one came to the ranch in NM once and asked if I had a 30-06. Told him no. Later heard that someone slaughtered 12 elk over in the Valle Vidal, and left them laying where they'd been shot. They were testing primer indentions. Apparently they found a spent round.

Fishing license checks not counted.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not sure, Lic is around $55 I think plus archery permit (around 10 bucks I think). Ashamed I don't know for sure but I just buy mine and my sons every year, don't really pay attention. $25 for a fuggin pheasant permit.

PA sucks
About 6 years worth of permits.

Just tell judge the same thing my step dad told em when he was fined for putting a gut shot deer out of its misery and crossed onto his place. Other hunter asked if he was tagging it, step dad said no, you shot it I just finished it off and he was welcome to cross the fence and get it. Guy left and came back with warden. Step dad refused to tag it even when warden said he would get a citation.

Went to court and was fined. Told judge that his fine amounted to however many years worth of tags and he would keep hunting but wouldn't be purchasing tags.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Well fella's it seems I was wrong. You do not have to send in the fine amount before your hearing, you only have to send in 5 bucks with the not guilty declaration. And I was told if found not guilty you get your 5 bucks back.

My GF's mother is retired from a Magistrates office here in Pa and that is what she told me anyway.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well fella's it seems I was wrong. You do not have to send in the fine amount before your hearing, you only have to send in 5 bucks with the not guilty declaration. And I was told if found not guilty you get your 5 bucks back.

My GF's mother is retired from a Magistrates office here in Pa and that is what she told me anyway.

Thanks for the follow up. 👍. That makes sense.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From what little I looked, it appears they consider it a bond, pending trial.

Which still doesn't make any sense, cause ya only gotta post a bond if ya want a hearing.

Thanks for the update.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hmmm

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Guys I worked Offshore rigs with from Columbia, Mississippi [Foxworth] told me of a jackass GW in Marion County who thought he was God.

Came out of the gate writing tickets for anything he could think of. Then one day when he was cruising some paper-mill land which was like public property back then. Two shooters mag-dumped his vehicle, mini-14 and a remington pump 270. He floor-boarded the vehicle in reverse and wrecked into the woods, jumped out and ran off into the woods, said bullets were flying past his head.
One of the shooters did two tours of Vietnam and was a crazy type before he went to Vietnam.

He told my co-workers he chased the GW through the woods yelling 'I'm going to kill you', you mf'r to the top of his lungs.< He did this in Vietnam. He showed them what it sounded like when he told the story, they said he could yell so loud it seemed impossible.
That's about all I remember, and the GW was screaming as loud as he was, the GW outran him.
The state investigated it but never was able to prosecute anybody.

If you knew this bunch I can assure you you'd believe this story and more, > old school mississippi dudes where eF around and find out took very little eF'n around.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DMc
My only experience with a game warden was one came to the ranch in NM once and asked if I had a 30-06. Told him no. Later heard that someone slaughtered 12 elk over in the Valle Vidal, and left them laying where they'd been shot. They were testing primer indentions. Apparently they found a spent round.

Fishing license checks not counted.
How would they show the shell came from the gun that killed the elk.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
18 million views

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,146 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.