Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Consumer Economy Has Completely Collapsed – “It’s a Ghost Town” for Holiday Shopping Everywhere

November 26, 2022 | Sundance |

“Crowds? I see nothing. I’m surprised,” retail worker Jeremy Pritchett told FOX 2. “Normally, it’s wrapped all the way around the building. Today: no one.”

That’s the typical ground report from areas all over the country. No one, literally almost no one, is doing any holiday shopping and the traditional Black Friday rush to get deals and discounts just didn’t happen. Financial media are scratching their puzzlers, perplexed with furrowed brows.

Interestingly, almost every financial media outlet is using the same Retail Federation talking point about anticipating an 8% increase in holiday sales this year. Apparently, pretenses must be maintained. Meanwhile, news crews and camera crews are having a desperate time finding any holiday shopping to use as background footage for the claims that sales are strong.

“Look, over there. There’s a person buying something. Oh, wait, no, that’s just an employee dusting the empty cash register.” At a certain point, one would have to believe reality would run head-first into the mass delusional pretending. Maybe this holiday season will be it, maybe not.

It’s almost Kafkaesque to see how the media are continuing to maintain economic pretenses, yet the reality of a completely collapsed consumer economy is physically staring them in the face.

More here.
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...st-town-for-holiday-shopping-everywhere/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Everyone is doing it online, a record $9.12 billion was spent on BF online.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Or it’s a hard candy Christmas

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a "got no money left to spend because of inflation" Christmas.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Black Friday sales traffic up 2.9% as shoppers return to stores and malls.

Forbes

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazon got me for 147
Bucks but I targeted that i.. win ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard the projected sales will match last year’s record sales.

It was during th civil war……how bout dem beavers?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Black Friday is now all week long.

The days of camping out all night at Bestbuy are gone.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I know my little town was hopping on Friday, in went to Dunham's, and bought some ammo.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Are you saying you'd rather compare prices from twelve different vendors, click your mouse twice, and have it delivered to your door for free?

No way.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That report is Bullshidt! It took us three HOURS to get out of a mall parking lot near Tampa. Police had a drone up to help figure out a way to unclog the traffic. It looked like Woodstock in a Parking Lot! Pot parties broke out, people left the cars to go back and pee or shop more. We just stopped to get some chicken and were stuck there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What kinda chicken?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Are you saying you'd rather compare prices from twelve different vendors, click your mouse twice, and have it delivered to your door for free?

No way.

You miss out on the people watching though….

#soccermoms
#yogapants

Dave

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Actually I should probably correct myself here,,schit costs so much more, less goods were bought with that $9.12 billion. So, probably not a record.

But people just don't go to stores much anymore.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I didn’t buy a damn thing

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Plumdog
That report is Bullshidt! It took us three HOURS to get out of a mall parking lot near Tampa. Police had a drone up to help figure out a way to unclog the traffic. It looked like Woodstock in a Parking Lot! Pot parties broke out, people left the cars to go back and pee or shop more. We just stopped to get some chicken and were stuck there.

Just because it was like that in one place doesn’t mean it was like that everywhere.
I did most of my Christmas shopping with a few clicks and in a few days there should be a truck show up at the house and put a couple boxes on the front porch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

No, goddammit, the sky is falling.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
It's a "got no money left to spend because of inflation" Christmas.

Nailed it

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The busiest shopping day of the year is not as busy as retailers hoped.

Across the U.S., shopping malls are seeing only thin crowds, according to reports in business media. Inflation and depressed consumer sentiment appear to have dampened the holiday shopping spirit.

Reuters reported:

At Times Square in New York City, which was cloudy with occasional light rain, employees were seen waiting inside stores for crowds that so far had not arrived.

Outside the American Dream mall in East Rutherford, New Jersey, there were no lines outside stores. A ToysRUS employee was seen walking around the mall handing out flyers with a list of the Black Friday door busters.

Bloomberg reported:

Around 10:30am at Crossgates Mall in Albany, New York, the ultra low-cost brands and the higher-end buzzy retailers had the most foot traffic, while the middle-market stores were desolate.

Gap Inc.-owned Old Navy, which was offering 60% off most items, had a line so long that some shoppers turned around as soon as they entered the store. Athleisure favorite Lululemon Inc., which had only a few racks of discounted merchandise, and American Eagle Outfitters Inc.-owned Aerie, a popular intimates brand among Gen Z shoppers, also drew big crowds.

Meanwhile, stores like Banana Republic, Macy’s and Urban Outfitters had no lines at all, and only a handful of shoppers.

Overall, the National Retail Federation has forecast that retail sales will be up six to eight percent this year compared with last year. That is a big slowdown from last year’s 13.5 percent increase and the 9.3 percent rise in 2020. After adjusting for inflation, sales may actually be down. The Consumer Price Index is up 7.7 percent compared with a year ago.

November saw a significant decline in consumer sentiment, according to the University of Michigan’s survey. The index of consumer sentiment fell five percent below the October reading, reversing about one-third of the gain since the historic low in June. The gauge of current conditions dropped by 10.4 percent.

The consumer discretionary sector was flat for the day. It is down 33.53 percent from a year ago, making it the second worst-performing of the 11 sectors of the S&P 500. The worst is the tech and entertainment heavy sector called communication services.

Even in the U.K., Black Friday proved to be a disappointment. “Black Friday got off to a muted start in the UK, with the number of home deliveries booked down by about 5% and no surge on the high street,” the Guardian reported.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2...ppoints-thin-crowds-and-desolate-stores/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Biden got 80,000,000 votes.

Trust the news and believe what they say.

Who really cares what happened on Black Friday?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
445 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 49 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.