Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Wondering if you guys have had to use the warrant on the Vortex range finding binoculars? My buddies son dropped his and broke the eye pieces. The black plastic on the inside that holds the eyecup adjusted, broke on both eye pieces today. They only fell from about a foot drop, but that is all it took. Now the eye pieces look all wonky. He said he's going to send them in, but I was wondering if they will fix them. Any of you guys have an experience like this. They are the Fury HD5000 binoculars. Hopefully they take care of him, but we will see.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Warranty is the same as other products. VIP

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I would not think that damage from dropping them should be covered under warranty.
Warren covers parts and workmanship

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
It is almost all covered.

https://vortexoptics.com/vip-warranty

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex® product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was or where you purchased it. If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods and monoculars.

UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
FULLY TRANSFERABLE
NO RECEIPT NEEDED

The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Tell him to buy real binoculars not some TX bull schidt

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What exactly is TX bul schidt with regards to this conversation?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What exactly is TX bul schidt with regards to this conversation?
I had no idea on that either. I thought it might be a reference to my name on the forum or the fact I am in Texas. Other than those two things, I would guess the ramblings of a drunk person?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Who knows? I've done my share of Vortex bashing around here. but I'll bet Vortex will handle it quickly and fairly.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Who knows? I've done my share of Vortex bashing around here. but I'll bet Vortex will handle it quickly and fairly.
If they don't then I am sure we will hear about it. One thing Vortex is known for is their warranty. Their products may not be higher quality than others at the same price point, but their warranty has always been their selling point. The Fury HD Binos and the Razor LHT Scopes have proven to be pretty well built though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vortex will fix you up!!

They have the best warranty in the business but they process more warranty claims then anyone else so they have a lot of practice.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Vortex will fix you up!!

They have the best warranty in the business but they process more warranty claims then anyone else so they have a lot of practice.
And yet Leupold catches all of the hell!!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I appreciate your comments. I'll admit, I've bashed Vortex in the past as well, but they seem to handle warranty issue very well. My buddy is a LEO, so he gets excellent deals from Vortex with a discount and he has had to send some back. When I showed up at the range the other day his little boy (3 years old) was looking through them backwards and I said, you have your spotter helping you huh? Cute kid that loves coyote hunting too. He's being raised right!! As a LEO, he doesn't make a chit ton of money, so I was hoping they fix them for him. After reading the Sig thread, it had me concerned. And then some companies don't treat the LRF's the same in regards to warranty as they do their other optics. Mechanical vs. electronics etc...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've bashed Vortex in the past too, but when It comes time to buy a new BRF it will be Vortex.
This season I got a chance to compare my Leica HD-B with my Brothers Vortex Fury. If the glass is 5% better on the Leica's to my eyes that would be extremely generous. The range finder on the Vortex actually works better/more reliable.
So I ask myself, given Vortex excellent warranty, the fact they cost 1/3 of what the Leicas do and the fact Swaro and Leica Warranties both suck why would I consider anything other than Vortex?
Also the Vortex are more compact and feel lighter.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought the Vortex Vulture HD 8x56
on clearance, and on sale on top of that.

Yeah, I was influenced by the warranty.... and the extremely low price.

Pretty solid. Came with a nice soft case, and I think a harness. Also good lens covers.
I haven’t dropped them yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Vortex will fix you up!!

Vortex alone is bigger than the rest of the entire industry with products from top to bottom of the range. So it is reasonable to see returns. Even more than any other company, but none are immune from issues.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My buddy says optics companies should let 3 year olds do the testing.. ha ha.. If they stand up to that torture test, they are good schidt..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't answer the OP's question as I've never sent Furys in to Vortex. I did buy a Vortex Rangefinder at a garage sale for $5 that didn't work. I contacted Vortex and told them I bought them at a garage sale for $5 and that they didn't work when I bought them. They said to send them in. I did and I received back a fully functioning range finder. On another note, generally speaking, I think Vortex binoculars are more "acceptable" or "reliable" than are thier scopes. I have owned Furys in the past; but, I no longer do. I found them to be excellent. Most of my research indicates the same.

I'm with others on the whole constant "need to use" of the Vortex warranty with rifle scopes and agree that it can be and is an indication of the lower quality. However, their warranty is a great reason for purchasing their electronics as it is much better than other companies in the industry and, at least based on what I've read, there does not appear to be a high failure rate with their range finders or their range finding binoculars. And to whomever the next person who posts their own anecdotal "me and my friend's cousin have owned a thousand between us and they all failed", well, I acknowledge your bad luck and advise you do not waste money on lottery tickets in the future.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know this thread was started last fall, but I wanted to update you guys while I was thinking about it. My friend got his Vortex Furry 5,000 HD's back from Vortex with a turnaround of 4 weeks. It was during the "busy" time for them because it was right after hunting season, according to what my buddy told me. The reason why I was thinking about this thread was because I was using them the other day spotting for him at the 100 yard range, and I asked him how long they were in the shop being repaired and when he got them back. 4 weeks during a busy time of the year seems like a good turnaround rate to me. He was pretty happy with how they handled the warranty and repair. No questions asked, they just fixed them. Even though it was not a factory defect. Good service, I'd have to admit. I still feel my Leica's are better, when you compare them side by side, but the Vortex Furry is no slouch and the warranty is stellar.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 69 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.