Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Plumdog
That report is Bullshidt! It took us three HOURS to get out of a mall parking lot near Tampa. Police had a drone up to help figure out a way to unclog the traffic. It looked like Woodstock in a Parking Lot! Pot parties broke out, people left the cars to go back and pee or shop more. We just stopped to get some chicken and were stuck there.
Our local mall had traffic backed up on I15 for the mall exit in both directions. It made a mess of the freeway.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Riverc
I have never been a Black Friday shopper too many people no sale is worth the hassle. I enjoy shopping from my recliner at home. I do buy things online and pickup at store sometimes.
I did it once, like ten or twelve years ago (maybe longer ago than that). My folks, while I was visiting with them for Thanksgiving, asked me to get up early (well before dawn) on Black Friday to go to an electronics store nearby and take advantage of their huge sale on GPS navigators (Garmin, I believe, 40% off). They wanted me to pick up two of them.

I got there while it was still dark, got in line and waited for them to open. I went to the appropriate counter as soon as I got inside, showed the sales clerk the ad with the item circled, and asked for two. The man said they were out of them.

While wandering around the area a few minutes later, I noticed someone walk up to the same guy who immediately recognized him. They exchanged a friendly greeting, following which the sales clerk reached under the counter and pulled one out (the model I had asked for) and handed it to him. I told the manager what I had seen, and I walked out with two of them at the sale price. Never again.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Seems as if Black Friday started about two weeks ago. How long has Cameraland been saying to call for Black Friday pricing? I was downstate last weekend and every store we went in had “Black Friday” sales going on.

I’ve also seen prices go up last Tuesday only to be miraculously dropped back to the original price Friday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This year was my very first black friday shopping adventure. I usually avoid it like the plague.

Got there at opening time and I was second in line.

Free coffee and donuts while I waited and an hour later Ali had 4 new tires on Mrs. Morewood's Subaru.

Saved 50 bucks! Woohoo!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
What kinda chicken?
Costco. Big bags of chicken thighs and whole chickens. I guess Costco is becoming known for really bad traffic. While waiting I googled it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The malls in Nashville and Louisville were slammed, the report was: no parking
Wife and daughter worked two states on a mini North American shopping tour

Nashville had people at 9pm day before camped at Bass Pro

Maybe this is Gateway Pundit false hype like most other chit

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It was pheasant hunting Friday for me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Crappy Black Friday anyway, saw very few really good deals.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do my shopping on-line and this was this afternoon's damage.

Ordered a bunch of dog food from Chewy.

Free shipping and got $50 off the total order through a couple different promo's.

Ordered a faux 2' bonsai tree from Nearly Naturals and saved $46 on a 30% off sale.

And I just ordered a spare mag for my CZ 452 and some Remington Premier 17 HMR and got free shipping from Midwayusa.

Our FedEx guy showed up this afternoon(on a Sunday!) and I know the guy. Used to work out on the grazing association. I happened to be home and we had a quick visit before he hit the trail.

Last edited by SamOlson; 11/27/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, I ordered a couple new mags for my Springfield Armory 911 and a couple other gun related items. But my son just bought a new P365 EDC, so he wanted to hit the Saturday morning black friday specials at Sportsmans Warehouse. It was reasonably crowded, but not exceptional and definitley not "Black Friday" crowded IMO. However, they did have some very good deals on ammo, AR mags, guns, scopes, and a bunch of other stuff. Other than a couple more PMags, I resisted the urge to get anything I wasn't really in need of at the moment.

Lots of people driving around looking for parking at several different stores and mall parking lots, but the stores didn't seem any more crowded than a normal sale day IMO.... time to get this totally inept administration out of office and kick them to the curb and put someone more capable in charge so we can get back to the awesome 2016-2020 economy...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bought a $400 10mm 1911 from my chair and a mint 1985 vintage Remington Sportsman (870) 12 Magnum for $250 at a LSG. The latter for my middle son.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
a mint 1985 vintage Remington Sportsman (870) 12 Magnum for $250 at a LSG.

Ed, you thief!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I work pt at SW and got there at 5:30AM. It was pretty slow on sales except for guns so I left at 8:30AM and got some cheap bacon at FM when the manager came through. I noticed only two guys in line at Brown Jug which opened at 10AM on the way back so I pulled a u turn on Johanson and got in line at 9AM. I waited the hour in 14 F temps and scored a bottle of Blanton's and Eagle Rare 10 single barrel that is nice. I went back home and came back about 1PM and worked until 9PM. It was slow on most deals. SW must get a supply of Vortex Gen 1 10X42 Diamondbacks from Vortex factory producing them every year. We got 60 pairs of them and sold 15.
There were people driving like crazy but there were a lot of tire kickers and a lot of people buying cheap Chinese Old Timers. The hurt is on. Corporate is talking about cutting hours off of many PTers during Christmas Season. That tells you something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did my shopping for Christmas a month ago, and online.

1 ounce Silver Britannia for $26/ounce in my hand. Silver is all I am giving for Christmas this year.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm looking for a cyber deal on a nice hatchet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarbe

1 ounce Silver Britannia for $26/ounce in my hand. Silver is all I am giving for Christmas this year.

You're a real Romantic.

Get it? Pun intended. blush laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I do my shopping on-line and this was this afternoon's damage.

Ordered a bunch of dog food from Chewy.

Free shipping and got $50 off the total order through a couple different promo's.

Ordered a faux 2' bonsai tree from Nearly Naturals and saved $46 on a 30% off sale.

And I just ordered a spare mag for my CZ 452 and some Remington Premier 17 HMR and got free shipping from Midwayusa.

Our FedEx guy showed up this afternoon(on a Sunday!) and I know the guy. Used to work out on the grazing association. I happened to be home and we had a quick visit before he hit the trail.

So is it a real tree, just not bonsai? Or is it a fake tree all the way around?

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarbe

If you're giving to kids, better explain to them what it is or they may just spend it as a dollar.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
The malls in Nashville and Louisville were slammed, the report was: no parking
Wife and daughter worked two states on a mini North American shopping tour

Nashville had people at 9pm day before camped at Bass Pro

Maybe this is Gateway Pundit false hype like most other chit

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Everyone is doing it online, a record $9.12 billion was spent on BF online.

No, goddammit, the sky is falling.
Oh, so everything is good to go? Thanks for the update

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.