Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It used to be that way in my hometown in Arkansas. I remember the closest liquor store was twenty miles out. Now there is aliquor store about a mile from my old home.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
They got any of them titty bars there?
I think they do, mainly a family ran affair. Mom does the book keeping, brothers run the door.

Sisters keep the cousins entertained.

Dad samples the goods.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by rufous
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

Dude, you’re a winemaker.

Make wine, sell it, make money.

#Win

🦫
He is whining!!

This thread ain’t gonna be pretty.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I grew up in bible belt dry counties.

County just to the south wasn't dry, and had a big liquor store out in the middle of nowhere at the county line.

Guy who owned that store died a multi-millionaire. Fact.

Those counties to the north kept the highway worn down driving there.

FWIW, I never noticed any downturn in the drinking in a dry county. Just the selling (In the open)... The bootleggers were plentiful.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeppers, and in the counties that do sell alcohol your SOL if you go to the fridge for a beer on Sunday and find it empty! Gotta wait until Monday to stock up!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think you were warned in your OP months ago.

Do like the rest of us that live in dry counties, when you go to the Liquor Store, stock up.

We stock up once a month at Sam's for beer, and the Liquor Store for wine and liquor, no biggie. Our Sam's does not sell liquor.

Pushing a basket full of beer gets us a few odd looks, but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do.

It will all be fine, you learn to deal with it.

Or you can move.

Good luck with your new job and welcome to Arkansas.

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh yeah, if you gotta get hammered in a dry county just go to the local dine-in restaurant, sign the guestbook and you can get hammered, just no alcohol to go👍 it's considered a "private club"

Also, pool halls, VFWs, Eagle, elks, dance clubs etc. are allowed to sell alcohol in dry counties, the have a guestbook that you sign in on. Technically they are "private clubs"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You actually moved to a place without knowing something as important as this? Then want to change the way they do things immediately after moving there? Move back to Oregon, when you find out you have to pump your own gas and don’t know how to, your head’s going to explode.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Supposedly Arkansas has the most dry counties of any state in the country. I believe it’s 35 dry counties at the last count. And it’s nearly impossible to get them off center when it comes up for a vote. Everyone thought recreational
Marijuana would pass in the recent election too and it lost out by a pretty good margin.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

Just like almost everyone else here, you're confusing conservatism with libertarianism. They are most definitely NOT the same... or they didn't use to be, anyway.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Any municipality is gonna have council members, alderman, etc. . Those pukes can vote any legislation in they see fit. We still have dry counties and towns in TN.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Carry your Yankee ass back Oregon and STFU.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/27/22.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Blame the Baptist’s.

County i live in, in MS was dry until about 5 years ago.

Finally got to vote on it.

Oh, it was going to be the end of world if you listened to the Bible thumpers.

Jails full of drunks. Theft would increase.
Gangs. Organized crime…..

In reality, nothing has really changed.

You still have the same drunks.

County just makes tax money off the booze now instead of sending it to another county.

Baptist still drive to the next county to get theirs….

😂😂😂
Sounds like the same arguments against recreational marijuana.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
A wine make fugged up and moved to a dry county didn't he?

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thought people decidin how they wanted ta live their lives, was the way it was supposed ta be.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you take a Baptist fishing, take two. They won't touch your beer. If you take one he'll drink most of it.

R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I knew there were dry counties before moving here. Even so I am not real pleased about it. I am quite conservative which is one of the reasons I left Oregon. Dry counties don't make much sense as others have posted. I work in a wet county so yes, I can buy booze there before heading home but when I go out to dinner on occasion I do generally like to have some sort of alcoholic drink with the meal. Sure glad none of you all ever complain about anything. Good grief, some of you guys are pretty whacked to jump my case about an issue that I am dealing with. We haven't bought a home yet but will likely make an offer on one in the neighboring dry county. We have looked at over 30 homes and so far this is the best by far. Just bummed that it is in a dry county. Worse things in life for sure. Oh well.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I knew there were dry counties before moving here. Even so I am not real pleased about it. I am quite conservative which is one of the reasons I left Oregon. Dry counties don't make much sense as others have posted. I work in a wet county so yes, I can buy booze there before heading home but when I go out to dinner on occasion I do generally like to have some sort of alcoholic drink with the meal. Sure glad none of you all ever complain about anything. Good grief, some of you guys are pretty whacked to jump my case about an issue that I am dealing with. We haven't bought a home yet but will likely make an offer on one in the neighboring dry county. We have looked at over 30 homes and so far this is the best by far. Just bummed that it is in a dry county. Worse things in life for sure. Oh well.

You Californians messing up everything....

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

You Californians messing up everything....
Come on Nugz, play nice.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 73 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.