24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Outstanding bull!! He’s gotta be over the moon with that one.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow. What a bull! Congrats to your boy!

Semper Fi
K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Congrats to your son... nice bull!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Woohoo!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Congratulations on a great bull

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nv has some great elk and really fun units to hunt. That's a good bull!

LOL
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Beauty of a bull!

My brother just bought a 6.5 PRC. Can you tell us more about shot distance, placement, and number of times your son hit him?

Keep in mind I’m a big believer of shooting until they fall down, sometimes elk need a lot of killing.

P
The rifle belongs to a friend of my son. It's a Savage 110 with a Vortex 5-25 scope. It is set up for long distance shooting. The friend killed his elk at 1300 yards. My son shot his at 1100 yards. Both of these are more than twice the distance I've ever shot an animal.

The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph. He hit the bull three times. The first was a gut shot, the second shot hit him in the hind quarter and the third was in the neck. He had a good side view of the elkon the first shot, the bull took a few steps and was facing away for the second and third shots. The bull only walked five yards from the time he was first hit until he dropped on the third.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He can quit huntingelk now...it'll be hard to top that one.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by NevadaWapati
Beauty of a bull!

My brother just bought a 6.5 PRC. Can you tell us more about shot distance, placement, and number of times your son hit him?

Keep in mind I’m a big believer of shooting until they fall down, sometimes elk need a lot of killing.

P
The rifle belongs to a friend of my son. It's a Savage 110 with a Vortex 5-25 scope. It is set up for long distance shooting. The friend killed his elk at 1300 yards. My son shot his at 1100 yards. Both of these are more than twice the distance I've ever shot an animal.

The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph. He hit the bull three times. The first was a gut shot, the second shot hit him in the hind quarter and the third was in the neck. He had a good side view of the elkon the first shot, the bull took a few steps and was facing away for the second and third shots. The bull only walked five yards from the time he was first hit until he dropped on the third.

Thanks

Did he recover any of the bullets?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice one.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
That bull for a first kill has set the bar impossibly high, it'll be mighty hard to improve on that bull. Congrats on an exceptionally fine trophy elk !

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Wow! Very nice! Congrats to him.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
nice bull

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Beauty of a bull!

P

Thanks

Did he recover any of the bullets?

P

Negative

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Really nice bull but he’s spoiled now. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph.

Not many people can make 1100 yard shots in a 30 mph wind.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Looks like your son had a good day elk hunting.
Congratulations.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beauty of a bull!

P

Uh…….. I guess it’s minute of elk…

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Beauty of a bull!

P

Your kid and his friend are dumb fugk ass holes.

And you are a dumb fugk ass hole for “bragging” about this kill.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Beauty of a bull!

P

Wow..you [bleep] are the [bleep] that give us all bad names.

Was there no one intelligent enough in the group to think "man maybe we shouldn't take an 1100 yard shot with 30 mph winds"?

Bunch of dummies. That's the worst of the worst. Borderline above poachers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1beaver_shooter, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,924 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.