24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You mean Macan GTS, correct? I've had one as a loaner and do like the way it drives, but prefer the Cayenne lineup more. They feel like a step above the Macan line for interior refinement and I think the Cayenne provides a better driving experience.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Any room in back to haul critters?

Back in the 70’s my brother was in California on business. He was standing on a corner, waiting for a cab. There was a hardware store close to him.

My brother saw Dustin Hoffman pull out of the hardware store driving a Porsche 911 convertible. The back seat had 2 rolls of barbed wire sitting.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Any room in back to haul critters?

Back in the 70’s my brother was in California on business. He was standing on a corner, waiting for a cab. There was a hardware store close to him.

My brother saw Dustin Hoffman pull out of the hardware store driving a Porsche 911 convertible. The back seat had 2 rolls of barbed wire sitting.

🦫

Good thing it didn't rain, man.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I was planning on buying a Porsche Macan GT5........as soon as I pay off my Mitsubishi Mirage

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
The wife & I stayed at her brother & sister in law's place on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and went out for pizza that evening. We took the sister in law's Porsche Macan GT5 SUV. I'll tell you that SOB has some real HP. Twin turbo V6 rated @434 horsepower, nearly identical to the 1967 Chevy L71 tri power 427. I do not like the European sports car lineup and never will but this thing has serious power. My neck still hurts from him romping on it. He loves fast cars & started out with a 1966 389 tri power GTO that he bought new with the money he saved working at his dad's restaurant.
Maybe take a closer look - am thinking that the rpm/hp/torque curve relationship is not nearly identical.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mcqueen in his iconic 356 speedster.

[Linked Image from ]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What's the difference between a Porsche and a Porcupine?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I don't need the attention enough to buy a Porsche.

Translation = I'm a broke dick who is jealous of those that can afford a Porsche.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Plumdog
What's the difference between a Porsche and a Porcupine?

The prick is inside the Porsche.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I don't need the attention enough to buy a Porsche.

Translation = I'm a broke dick who is jealous of those that can afford a Porsche.

Guess again ..... I could pay cash for a new Porsche tomorrow and still be debit free.

Sorry to get you all horned up.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't find that Porsches garner all that much attention. There have been exceptions, but those are relatively uncommon.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pretty sure some brats rolled one in The traffic circle here. Few days ago. At least one of 6 dayd. Know
some folks that witnessed the aftermath before the cops/first responders were on-scene. Saw some pics too.

Didn’t look like that ‘car’ held together for [bleep]. Hauling ass was definite. Drunk too.

Horror show however you slice it.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 11/27/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are a "real" car guy and this trips your trigger, that's awesome... if you are a poser looking for accolades you are a loser

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe take a closer look - am thinking that the rpm/hp/torque curve relationship is not nearly identical.

Yeah, the '67 is gross hp, the Porsche is net hp!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by irfubar
If you are a "real" car guy and this trips your trigger, that's awesome... if you are a poser looking for accolades you are a loser

I think I am the former...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by irfubar

I think I am the former...

Yes Ed, you are a nut... as in car nut... you can drive your Porsche with your head held high... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back around 1971 when doing some tuning/wrenching and some driving for a buddy with a couple of race cars, and also looking and hoping to buy a Corvette, another prof at the college invited me to drive his newer 911S on some of those winding up and down roads in the foothills west of town. WoW. For a "factory" car, that thing handled like it was on rails and was a screamer - am thinking it had 4 Webers - and have forgotten the cu. ins. Made me a Porsche believer in 15 minutes. Have been fortunate to have driven a few more fast ones since - mostly on track - but never have owned one.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by CCCC
Back around 1971 when doing some tuning/wrenching and some driving for a buddy with a couple of race cars, and also looking and hoping to buy a Corvette, another prof at the college invited me to drive his newer 911S on some of those winding up and down roads in the foothills west of town. WoW. For a "factory" car, that thing handled like it was on rails and was a screamer - am thinking it had 4 Webers - and have forgotten the cu. ins. Made me a Porsche believer in 15 minutes. Have been fortunate to have driven a few more fast ones since - mostly on track - but never have owned one.

Paul,

I have been a Car and Driver subscriber for years and over the last ten or so they get bashed for being Porsche whores. Beyond just well balanced performance the best write I can recall of late was along the lines "it just seems what they do was done by one brilliant engineer/designer that did not have to meld multiple engineers/designers work into one". I really think you would enjoy driving my Boxster. Very easy to drive fast and 3.6 second 0-60 times, sub-12 seconds for the quarter mile and near 30 mpg is pretty neat. My wife keeps it out of sport mode and it like driving a Honda...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15099555/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-pdk-automatic-test-review/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A good friend once told me "Anybody that can afford a Porsche or BWM, and opts for four doors, is a fugking moron."

Not saying he's 100% right.

But...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
A good friend once told me "Anybody that can afford a Porsche or BWM, and opts for four doors, is a fugking moron."

Not saying he's 100% right.

But...

Yep. My wife's 2022 Audi Q7 fills the four door niche. I mean I drive a 70 Dodge Dart. It's a two door though.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
486 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.