Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rufous
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

While in theory I may agree with you, but in principle I won't. Wait until you've lived in the state a bit more than a whole 6 weeks to tell us how backwoods we are. You already knew about the dry county situation before moving here (you asked about in back in Sept in your NWA thread) and I'm quite sure it was discussed with your current job being what it is. Stop acting like a typical Californian and immediately trying to change your new home into the [bleep] you just left.

Liquor laws are voted on by the people, not the government. Those dry counties are dry by choice as determined by votes. They can easily become wet if they want to. Seems it's working the way it should, doesn't it?

You moved to Arkansas by choice. I'd assume it was because it offered more favorable living conditions and opportunity than where you left. Maybe there's a reason that is.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Most of the hillbilly state residents are hold overs from the Puritans.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's a main reason that the country is so ****ed up.
People move from their place of origin instead of
trying to fix things they don't like, they move to
another place and try to transform it into their
idea of a paradise. Then they ***k up the place
they moved to so it's just like the place they left.

Just about drives me nuts hearing all these
people talking about how they do things "back home "
or how there's no snow, and it's so damn hot here.
Or you can't find my favorite kind of " sew-dahs"
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Jeeze yooze guys
Just stay where you feel at home, and fix the
problems there instead of ragging on somebody
else's idea of home

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ha you think it bad now. Wain until next May/June/July when the mosquitos come out! You will think the no alcohol is nothing when your in constant combat mode🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by richj
Most of the hillbilly state residents are hold overs from the Puritans.

Geography isn’t your strong point is it.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by rufous
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

Just like almost everyone else here, you're confusing conservatism with libertarianism. They are most definitely NOT the same... or they didn't use to be, anyway.

This ^ is the truth.

Two groups in favor of dry counties. The church crowd and the owners of liquor stores in the adjacent wet counties. Strange bedfellows if you ask me. All it really accomplishes is increasing drunk driving, as all the drunks need to drive to the next county or state to stock up when they run out, and they won’t wait till they make it home to start back up.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No big deal, just get your booze over the county line

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
MPat70 is on the right track.

I was thinking about what the chiggers are going to do to Roo's grape stompers while he dreaming of a Notorious triple IPA.

Probably best that you throw the doodle dog in the Subaru and go back to Oregon.

Last edited by 2sticks; 11/27/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought all these laws changed after the movie Footloose came out.

#NobodyPutsBabyInACorner

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Drive over to the wet County. This has been the rule forever.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You all believe you are living in 2022, try 1962

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've hunted in a lot of dry counties in Arkansas. In everyone of them, the next county over had a 2 or 3 lane drive thru liquor store on the county line.

Cheers.

I imagine big truck coolers come standard in every truck in Arkansas.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
PS: for you southerners, inundated means that lots of them are moving there.

We went through this back after the unCivil War: loads of carpetbaggers exhibiting a streak of New England Puritan moralizing moving in to tell us how to live. What's old is new again.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
ruferse move ov'here to montain hom we stay drunk alot

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
DryPowder,
Which counties have those titti bars?
Is it full nekked or just merely topless or ????

Memphis was the Holy Grail when it come to tittie bars, Arkansas couldn't compete. Platinum Plus was unreal before the Feds shut it down.

I ate a bunch of mushrooms one night and was driving around Memphis looking at the lights and wound up at Platinum. A tittie bar is a hell of a place to ride out a mushroom trip.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ERK
Buy the big jugs by the case and you are set for a month. Problem solved. Edk

Either that, or just quit drinking.........problem solved.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
So you didn't try to learn about the county you were moving to beforehand?
Must have been from Montana or Texas.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dr. Tichenor’s antiseptic.

That's what all the local drunks used to drink when I lived in a dry country in MS growing up. The local county store would usually have a couple can's of chili, a few loaves of bread and a gallon of milk in stock, but the back wall of the store would have about 100 bottles of Dr. Tichenor's. 70% alcohol (140 proof) and you were supposed to mix it 5:1 with water to make a mouthwash but nobody ever used it for that. My mom had a cousin that didn't own a vehicle so he'd drive his old John Deere A model tractor the five miles to the store to get his Dr. Tichenor's every day. He was usually drunk by the time he got back home so he'd occasionally take out a neighbor's fence on the way. He had to cross a couple of old wooden bridges with no rail and I remember once he ran off the bridge and stuck the tractor nose down in the creek, he wasn't hurt. They pulled the tractor out, cleaned it up and it ran fine.

Good times! Get the local store to stock up on Dr. Tichenor's and you'll be all set

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I see he’s a former Oregon resident from the responses whoops. Texas used to have some as well and we had to drive to the county line. Wyoming had some strange to us alcohol laws when we were visiting to buy booze.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rufous the same Oregonian (what a shock) that had to plug his freezer in every 300 miles so his Hot Pockets made it safe and sound.

LOL

Can't make this schit up.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.