https://themillenniumreport.com/201...ine-torpedoed-and-sunk-off-alaska-coast/

World
REPORT: AMERICAN SUBMARINE TORPEDOED AND SUNK OFF ALASKA COAST
WORLD
NEWSDESK
02 JULY 2019
HITS: 590700

REPORT: AMERICAN SUBMARINE TORPEDOED AND SUNK OFF ALASKA COAST

An American submarine operating off the coast of Alaska was REPORTEDLY torpedoed and SUNK during a firefight with a Russian submarine, after the American sub allegedly intercepted the Russian sub in American waters.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
How much of it do you remember....???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m pretty sure this is BS. My last assignment in the AF was monitoring Russian incursions into the ADIZ and CADIZ. I was retired by this point, but still had POC’s in the unit I retired from and I probably would have heard something about it from them. Most importantly though, Trump was Pres. at the time, and if it did actually occur, the press would have roasted him on it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There is more to this event then is covered in the Hal Turner info above.

Ask yourself what was the "research vessel" RESEARCHING...??? And why did it need the security of the mothership...??

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Really?

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The "SO CALLED" research sub was caught modifying a International Undersea Communication Cable. They wanted to listen in to communications between other countries, and they were modifying it, when caught. If I remember correctly the whole thing started with someone super on the ball noticing Russian communications planes loitering in the area for days. Which triggered an investigation. Fighter Jets were scrambled from Alaska, and maybe other bases.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sketchy - real sketchy. Not buying it without more info- reaching waaaay out there on circumstantial, anonymous "information" by a radio talk-show host (with no follow-up apparently) - first I've heard of it in fact (which means nothing as well). As said above, the Lib papers would have been all over Trump about it - especially the local rag.

Which doesn't mean it didn't happen and was covered up, but we heard nothing of it at the time locally.

What boat was lost? Surely Janes or another source would have noted a sudden disappearance of a capital asset? Seems a little more follow-up research could have been done by the host. Or he was squished....

Years ago, I did hear about a purpoted incident where the AF station at Pt. Lay detected an unknown signal, incoming off the coast. It turned out to be an ice-traveling polar bear wearing a Russian radio collar.

Someone no doubt could make this out to be a spy device, rather than just a wildlife management tool.

Last edited by las; 12/05/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
Sketchy - real sketchy. Not buying it without more info- reaching waaaay out there on circumstantial, anonymous "information" by a radio talk-show host (with no follow-up apparently) - first I've heard of it in fact (which means nothing as well). As said above, the Lib papers would have been all over Trump about it - especially the local rag.

Which doesn't mean it didn't happen and was covered up, but we heard nothing of it at the time locally.

What boat was lost? Surely Janes or another source would have noted a sudden disappearance of a capital asset? Seems a little more follow-up research could have been done by the host. Or he was squished....

Years ago, I did hear about a purpoted incident where the AF station at Pt. Lay detected an unknown signal, incoming off the coast. It turned out to be an ice-traveling polar bear wearing a Russian radio collar.

Someone no doubt could make this out to be a spy device, rather than just a wildlife management tool.

Back around 2016, one of the LRRS in western AK picked up signals for several days and the ANG that tracks such things brought us in for a briefing. It ended up being a Mylar weather balloon coming from Russia. Things do happen and even I saw a couple of things covered up, but nothing to this extent.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Tinfoil Hat stuff. No way to cover up the loss of a boat and its whole crew.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
Tinfoil Hat stuff. No way to cover up the loss of a boat and its whole crew.

I agree- with Trump in office and the alphabet agencies, media, and military weaponized by the Democrat apparatus, someone would have "leaked" it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
[quote=ElkHtrNevada] someone would have "leaked" it.

Well, it was all over the Anchorage news for two or three days, was a big deal, then it just vanished. Nothing not any mention. It was a big conversation on internet forums for another week.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Interesting stuff. The thread title indicated a US sub was sunk, but the article indicated fire aboard a Russian "research"- sure- vessel. And with 7 Captains aboard? That must have been quite a research vessel.

Retired cat herder.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
OK- I vaguely remember it now.

A couple things- the Barents Seas is nowhere near Alaska - it's between Norway and the Canadian Arctic . Probably why (besides my age) it didn't ring a bell for me. It didn't happen here.

2nd -If it had happened off Alaska, the bit about super-on-the-ball AF guys noticing Ivan survelience aircraft loitering in the area is a bit off, maybe. They would not have to be so for a couple reasons.

There are frequent forays by Russian aircraft toward Alaska airspace by bombers at least, and no doubt intelligence aircraft. They routinely moniter this and often our fighter aircraft go out to have a tete-a-tete with Ivan, intercepting well out of our airspace boundaries.

intelligence gathering aircraft should be able to gather whatever they need from a Russian surface craft (or buoys from a sub?) from hundreds of miles of stand-off, which would not likely initiate more than mild interest from our guys, much less an alert if they were not heading our way, just loafing around way over there.

With that many captains aboard, I'd guess this was a newly constructed or experimental boat, and those guys were there for training for their own command of sister boats, or to evaluate an experimental boat/ crew.

Hey, I read Tom Clancy..... smile

Now, that US Nuke that we did lose some time back- i forget it's name - I think that one was torpedoed by Ivan, who was in close proximity at the time.

Scorpion, spying on a Russian fleet at the time. The Threshers' previous demise a few months before was/is a real handy "nothing to see here", ploy, if it is indeed a ploy.

Last edited by las; 12/06/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,856 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,155
Posts18,465,109
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.