Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A

With the helicopters, mini-guns and just general good wholesome fun I thought you might enjoy the quick whiff of napalm. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Flashback City that was!

I wanna kill! KILL! KILL!

Don’t believe everything that fella said, but the gist was OK.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
A river of tracers had to be pretty bad on morale for those on the receiving end not to mention survival.

Last edited by navlav8r; 11/28/22.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Dinks had a nickname for the Cobra. Muttering Death

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That'd be fun to go fishing with.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I flew along as "guest door gunner" on two helo flights. One with M-60s and one with a mini-gun. Got a chance to hose bad guys both times. The mini is a much better hose! Also, on both missions, the real door gunner took back over when things got overly warm. I did okay, but he was the pro.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Kinda liking that cable tie on the EOTECH, makes it much more tactical

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the curiosities about minis and Cobras was left out of the video. Standard armament for the nose turret was a mini and a 40mm grenade gun. Brrrrt vs cachunk, cachunk, cachunk...boom, boom, boom. The grenade launcher was not a terribly popular system for most Snake pilots. They were not accurate and, well, they had lots of rockets that were, and delivered much larger "Booms!"

So one wizard decided to mount two minis in the nose turret. Brrrrt^2 it was. Only problem was that if they were fired to the side the recoil impulse was sufficient to keep the bird from rolling in on a rocket run. OTOH, there were different styles of standard armament for the Cav snakes when I arrived on the first tour. There were two "Hog" versions, a light one had a pair of 19 and a pair of 7 tube rocket pods on the wing stubs. The heavy Hog had four 19 tube pods. Then there was the light Scout version with two 7 tube pods and a pair of minigun pods on the stubs, and the heavy version with 2 minis and 2 19 tube pods. Short version, the Scout variants could and did carry 4 miniguns. The rain of hell from those beasts was rather remarkable, to say the least.

Late in the first tour a few of our birds were equipped with a 3 barreled 20mm Vulcan variant, wing stub mounted. Early on the pilots hated them for several reasons, the most obvious being the muzzle blast tended to open their cockpit hinged access doors/windows. That can be rather disconcerting when in a dive at 190 knots.

I am..........disturbed.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.