Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I like the little terriers especially JRTs … my last was a barker, but I halfway blame myself for encouraging him to “git em”…his momma and brother are the type dog you’re looking for.

JRT's are tough critters.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
JRT's are great dogs, but maybe a bit more intense than what the OP is looking for. Still, they're hard to beat.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I'm looking for a new pup/dog for a family pet and also for me to take to the farm rambling about, hunting, and riding the ATV. I would love it if there was such a thing as a beagle-sized <SNIP> dog that is small enough to physically handle to get in in and out of the truck and the ATV. My dad has a miniature schnauzer that fits the bill, <SNIP> A rat terrier would likely work, <SNIP> I don't mind if they give one or two barks of alert when someone comes to the door, but when they won't let up it drives me crazy. Any suggestions?

I didn't read all of the responses, so apologies if the following breed has already been mentioned. But have you thought of a TECKEL or Wire Haired Dachshund as they are known in different parts of the world outside of Germany? The few I've been around are smart, tough, super determined, and highly trainable hunters that love (live) to retrieve and swim like mini-Labs. At 10-15 lbs they're not heavy but they 'punch way above' their weight!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bowmanh
JRT's are great dogs, but maybe a bit more intense than what the OP is looking for. Still, they're hard to beat.
I haven’t found them to be too intense unless they think it’s what you want them to be… very smart little dogs…and easily trained… I think the OP would love one…

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When “Tuffy” was born, I had the whelping box next to my bed…when the pups got to where they were crawling out, I built a pallet pen with chicken wire and put it in the living room…every morning when I got up at 4 a.m. to go to work, the little bastard would be standing with his front paws on the fence while the rest of the pups were in a pile sleeping… I’d pick him up and take him outside…I had him potty trained before he was 8 weeks old…never messed in the house… never chewed anything up and never got in the garbage…

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I'm looking for a new pup/dog for a family pet and also for me to take to the farm rambling about, hunting, and riding the ATV. I would love it if there was such a thing as a beagle-sized <SNIP> dog that is small enough to physically handle to get in in and out of the truck and the ATV. My dad has a miniature schnauzer that fits the bill, <SNIP> A rat terrier would likely work, <SNIP> I don't mind if they give one or two barks of alert when someone comes to the door, but when they won't let up it drives me crazy. Any suggestions?

I didn't read all of the responses, so apologies if the following breed has already been mentioned. But have you thought of a TECKEL or Wire Haired Dachshund as they are known in different parts of the world outside of Germany? The few I've been around are smart, tough, super determined, and highly trainable hunters that love (live) to retrieve and swim like mini-Labs. At 10-15 lbs they're not heavy but they 'punch way above' their weight!
Yes, a teckel is on my list. There's a fellow here in N.C. that has one he uses to track wounded deer. "Low to Ground Deer Recovery" on Youtube.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Find an older dog that needs a home, piss and vinegar is out of their system

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,968 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,481
Posts18,451,879
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.