Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
I miss knocking on Jeffery Dahmer’s door when I dropped a drive shaft at midnight.
Phone booths existed for the fearsome.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dess
Don't like reading a book on my phone. Have a kindle, and it's ok. Really enjoy the look and feel of an actual book.
I miss libraries with actual books too.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I miss paper maps. I miss not having every corner of the woods, mountains, lakes and streams mapped out and talked about on the internet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hated simpler times. Pay phones, couldn't call anybody until you got home unless you had a sack full of coins and half the time the phone was on the fritz or out in the weather or the phone book was missing, no remote controls, black & white tv with nothing on those 2 channels, cars that would splatter your brains across the dashboard in a crash and got ten miles per gallon and had to be tuned up every ten thousand miles, leaky boots and the only waterproof jackets were pvc plastic, local stores closed on weekends, had to mail a check somewhere and wait 6 weeks to order something, subscribe to a bunch of magazines for a few pages of articles instead of days worth of reading at your fingertips, or worn out thirty year old books at the library, go sit in a crowded theater to watch a movie, take hours to cook food instead of minutes, beat your brains out to try to keep the house warm enough then burn up in the summer, die from some disease that simple drugs take care of. Beans and potatoes every day. Holey crappy clothes. Simpler times sucked azz. I love now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldHat
I miss knocking on Jeffery Dahmer’s door when I dropped a drive shaft at midnight.

Not 30-50 miles from where you blew up a clutch or broke an axel

I realize your pansy ass always lived 2 blocks from a Minute Mart or pay phone. Considering you NEVER post pics of you hunting, fishing or participating in any outside activities

I can certainly understand your disconnect with the examples given.

You were likely an asthmatic kid that always stayed inside and played with dolls, puzzles and coloring books.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
I hated simpler times. Pay phones, couldn't call anybody until you got home unless you had a sack full of coins and half the time the phone was on the fritz or out in the weather or the phone book was missing, no remote controls, black & white tv with nothing on those 2 channels, cars that would splatter your brains across the dashboard in a crash and got ten miles per gallon and had to be tuned up every ten thousand miles, leaky boots and the only waterproof jackets were pvc plastic, local stores closed on weekends, had to mail a check somewhere and wait 6 weeks to order something, subscribe to a bunch of magazines for a few pages of articles instead of days worth of reading at your fingertips, or worn out thirty year old books at the library, go sit in a crowded theater to watch a movie, take hours to cook food instead of minutes, beat your brains out to try to keep the house warm enough then burn up in the summer, die from some disease that simple drugs take care of. Beans and potatoes every day. Holey crappy clothes. Simpler times sucked azz. I love now.
Call collect.

Vegetables are not a modern invention.

The outdoors was and is much much better the more difficult it is to spend time in it. Joe Rogan and the endless yappy hunting shows were the worse thing possible for deer hunting. 10 grand worth of equipment does not make the hunting more enjoyable.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Not 30-50 miles from where you blew up a clutch or broke an axel

I realize your pansy ass always lived 2 blocks from a Minute Mart or pay phone. Considering you NEVER post pics of you hunting, fishing or participating in any outside activities

I can certainly understand your disconnect with the examples given.

You were likely an asthmatic kid that always stayed inside and played with dolls, puzzles and coloring books.
I don't think you have ever seen a phone booth. 30-50 miles from the nearest phone booth in TN. okay, sure.

God gave us legs especially for the fearsome.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Major thanks to all the dick heads that decided using their card (like a woman) was "easier."

Put us on the fast track to no cash.

Thanks a bunch.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
WTF does Jeffrey Dahmer have to do with simpler times ?

Btw you kkgunt, you have had me on ignore for 2 years

Toggle much? Hide when it gets painful????

I have you on ignore too... You are stressing out nugget with your rants..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Major thanks to all the dick heads that decided using their card (like a woman) was "easier."

Thanks a bunch.

Well sorry we don't care a sock full of quarters everywhere with us. Hey! its paisanos!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Goodwill and Honor...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Simpler is good however I don’t miss milking cows….

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
And carry overwhelming firepower and skill...

Always remember... masks were just "Two Weeks to flatten the curve".

There is very real intent to control you... and enslave everything you are and rape everything you love.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't miss 'em so much but I'm glad there was no social media or video games when I was growing up.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by gunswizard
WTF does Jeffrey Dahmer have to do with simpler times ?

Btw you kkgunt, you have had me on ignore for 2 years

Toggle much? Hide when it gets painful????

Slum, you gotta keep your phone charged man!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave

Thanks a bunch.

Well sorry we don't care a sock full of quarters everywhere with us. Hey! its paisanos!

I think the trend went into full swing around 2009 or so.

That’s when guys like Gruff paying for his cream soda and donut with a debit card.

“That’s $2.82, sir.”

“Ok here ya go. I’m a moron. Thanks.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Slum, you gotta keep your phone charged man!

LOL...

Damn Ben... Now you got the swing of things...

Don't ever be giving those Tennessee Mafia boys a ounce of rest...

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/28/22. Reason: Edit for clarity

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The information age has many benefits and a lot of drawbacks. Our kids grow up not learning how to read and our schools have turned into propaganda ministries. Our judicial system has evolved into another political institution. Our government is essentially ran by criminals. All this knowledge at our fingertips and we still have our resident leftist warriors who simply must have the last word on any subject. Entire industries have changed. Phone companies have given way to cell phone companies. Those little computers we carry have killed many people that insist on using them while driving. Our government now has the capability of monitoring our conversations. Our search engines that we prize for information can control the information we are allowed.
All the medical miracles we have these days still deny any viable cure for cancers. Drugs like Ivermectin that are beneficial are thwarted and villainized in favor of drugs that do us harm like vaccines that really aren't vaccines at all. Doctors aren't allowed to prescribe anything not approved by the big pharmaceutical companies because they supply our hospital conglomerates with free drugs that are far more expensive.
Modern conveniences have many benefits if used well. We have opened a door that can never be closed unless the war mongering elite manage to put us into a nuclear conflict that sends us back to the stone age. Won't that be pleasant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I miss the days of worrying about Russian nukes falling on my head.

We had one enemy, a somewhat sensible one

Outside our borders.

[img]
[/img]

Good one!

That song always takes me back to that time.
Damn sad. Talk about Hope and Change!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
196 members (257 roberts, 12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.