Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
May God aid your healing. Go Lightly. Yeah, right. I’ve Gone Lightly a few times. Have to hang onto the toilet seat to keep from banging my head on the ceiling. Feel like a jet boat on a mud flat.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck and quick healing sir. I got a taste of your story in 2009 with my L5-S1 fusion. The first couple of weeks are hell then things slowly get better as you can move more.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lord good luck bud!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck.... have fun with that little green Fentynal button after surgery 👍

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Can't sleep.
Nervous.
Thanks for all the thoughts, and prayers.
Antibacterial shower in just a few, and out the house soon.
Have to be at the hospital by 6am.
My lab is sure gonna miss me. Maybe as much as I will him.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Good luck Splatter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go Lightly is the worst misnomer in the history of the world.

Hope the surgery takes care of your pain and problems.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'll add my wishes for best of luck to you and a speedy recovery. That seems like a lot of work all at one time.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Best to you splattermatic!

I had the same stuff in December of 2017, couldn't have asked for a better outcome! While recovering, they kept asking me if I had passed gas yet. Guess that's how they can tell if they put everything back in correctly. I would reply "I usually don't need to be asked if I've passed gas!", lol!

Prayers for a speedy recovery for you!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lol !
I'll remember that this evening when I'm waking up.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good luck, hope you have a good cruise in February.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Praying for a steady hand, a clear eye, and a full recovery.

I hope they don’t paint your toenails pink while you’re out.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Only have to drink a third of the jug of fun !
Back surgery tomorrow is scheduled from 07:30 am to 16:00.
Had to start clear liquids this morning, and drink from the jug.
Let's see how this goes today !!

What are you getting done?

Oh boy !
Opening my stomach area, and moving my guts to the right side.
Chiseling apart l5 and s1 to insert a non organic wedge to start a natural curve back into my spine, then putting on a cage.
Put my guts backs where they belong, ( I hope ), then sewing me up.
Then rolling me on my right side, and cutting into my left side, and through the muscle to access l2 and l3. I have been floating those 2 for some time, so I have cysts inside with my spinal cord. Clean that mess up.
Sew me back up.
Roll me on my stomach, and cut my back open, remove rods holding l4 and l5, add screws to l2 and l3, maybe remove screws from l4 and l5, add new ones ?, and fuse l2, l3, l4, and l5.
Then do a laminectamy (sp?), and sew me up.
They will be keeping me for a minimum of 4 to 5 days to make sure my internals are working fine again, and have me walk 18 laps a day (1 mile) around the floor before discharging me.
I'm in for a recovery for sure.
No more pain I hope.
Have a cruise scheduled for February 5th. 2 months, I should be able to don a tank and do an intro to scuba diving !!
in 18 I had three new discs put in my neck no fusion no metal none of that scraped out the old desk put basically like three hard sponges I guess in. I got the idea to watch the video of exactly what was going to happen before the surgery. I wish I had not have

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let us know how you are healing up and good luck on the surgeries!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks all.
Really drugged up still a leeping lots

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Splatter, I feel your pain. 5 years ago, I had the double surgeries ordeal, I hope you do okay with this. I didn't. I was in pain every day for five years, Until 21 September of this year I got fixed. Yep, different Doctor, different Hospital, my back is almost pain free. My Dr. removed old hardware from the back installed new. The hardware I have in my back now looks totally different from the previous surgery. I did keep all the screws and wedge they installed from the front.
So now I'm fused from L-2 to S-1 as well my SI joints are fused. Two big, long screws on each side fusing that all together.

And two years before the surgery of five years ago I had my 4-5 L fused with rods and screws. I had had what is called a Spondylolisthesis; basically, my back was broke. Only thing holding it together was my spinal cord.

I know, that's a lot, but not all. I used to live in Montana, moved to California, Lots of reasons behind the move. Any rate we have lots of friends there. So, we decided let's go back to Montana and visit some friends. It was Mother's Day weekend, went to bed on a Saturday night was going to go to church with our friends on Sunday. I went to bed feel normal and okay, I woke up Sunday morning in great pain. Long story short going short. I called my family Doctor in California told him what happened. Monday, I start for home (driving) not much fun. He scheduled an MRI for me when I was back in town. My disc at 4-5 in my neck blew up. I knew the guy giving me my MRI. He came over and helped me off the table. He asked me what did i do to my neck? He told me, he was amazed I walked in there. That disc had literally blew up. Parts of it was throughout my neck.

So, I had a surgery to make repair in my neck. They used bone from a cadaver.

Now, this takes us to the surgery I had two months ago. When I met with the Anesthesiologist prior to the surgery I told him I had a fusion in my neck; and I couldn't bend my head and neck back like a normal person. He stated that everything should be okay. Well, when I became awake after the surgery, I had lots of pain in my neck. Two months later my neck still hurts. My lower back is great.
"We" are waiting to see if the pain, discomfort subsides from my neck before we proceed further. I have a bad neck pain for a little over two months.

Have faith in your doctor. I think you do. Because you said, you were going to get fixed. That's what I was saying too.

Five spine surgeries later, I feel much better. If my neck didn't hurt, I would feel like a new man.

I'll say a prayer for you.
Blessings your way.

I hope I got it all in there.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Awake a bit more.
Getting ready to sit up.
Feeling drug up still. Bad.
Stomach hurts from that cut.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well you made it out of surgery and the recovery room.

That is good news.

It will take a week or longer to clear your lungs. I found hot showers and deep breathing helps clear your lungs.

Are you in albuquerque by change. And if so which hospital.

I may be able to stop in and visit if you are looking for visitors.

the visit will be based on what the Dr. will let me do after my visit about noon today. My wife is keeping me under watchful eyes and limiting what i can do physically. What little i am doing is over doing it in her mind. However she was a nurse for over 40+ years and has some real life experience to go from.

Wishing you a good and controlled recovery.

February will be pushing the envelope for your vacation. You will need to check to see if they will let you fly.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Dam get well soon, and hope that your pain free!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm much more awake now. Still not clear headed yet.
Lungs are doing great.
I'm in Mercy, in Durango, Co.

Took my 1st walk around the floor at 3am !
Catheter just came out.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
453 members (160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 320090T, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.