Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet CCCC enjoys driving one hard...

LOL

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Higginez

LOL

I've met Paul and I think he would. He has a Corvette I hope I have dibs on if he ever decides to sell. He's 10x any most any car guys here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

LOL

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

LOL

I've met Paul and I think he would. He has a Corvette I hope I have dibs on if he ever decides to sell. He's 10x any most any car guys here.

LOL

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

LOL

LOL

Basis, [bleep]?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
The wife & I stayed at her brother & sister in law's place on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and went out for pizza that evening. We took the sister in law's Porsche Macan GT5 SUV. I'll tell you that SOB has some real HP. Twin turbo V6 rated @434 horsepower, nearly identical to the 1967 Chevy L71 tri power 427. I do not like the European sports car lineup and never will but this thing has serious power. My neck still hurts from him romping on it. He loves fast cars & started out with a 1966 389 tri power GTO that he bought new with the money he saved working at his dad's restaurant.

I have a huffy bike… Nugget

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good friend once told me "Anybody that can afford a Porsche or BWM, and opts for four doors, is a fugking moron."

Not saying he's 100% right.

But...

That's why Porsche offers the 473hp, lifted 4 wheel drive 911 Dakar.

It's for the outdoor, off road type guys that could use the optional roof tent on occasion but find SUV's with bicycle racks to be more of a soccer mom vehicle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by CCCC
Back around 1971 when doing some tuning/wrenching and some driving for a buddy with a couple of race cars, and also looking and hoping to buy a Corvette, another prof at the college invited me to drive his newer 911S on some of those winding up and down roads in the foothills west of town. WoW. For a "factory" car, that thing handled like it was on rails and was a screamer - am thinking it had 4 Webers - and have forgotten the cu. ins. Made me a Porsche believer in 15 minutes. Have been fortunate to have driven a few more fast ones since - mostly on track - but never have owned one.
Paul, I have been a Car and Driver subscriber for years and over the last ten or so they get bashed for being Porsche whores. Beyond just well balanced performance the best write I can recall of late was along the lines "it just seems what they do was done by one brilliant engineer/designer that did not have to meld multiple engineers/designers work into one". I really think you would enjoy driving my Boxster. Very easy to drive fast and 3.6 second 0-60 times, sub-12 seconds for the quarter mile and near 30 mpg is pretty neat. My wife keeps it out of sport mode and it like driving a Honda...
/
Ed, thanks. I know I would enjoy running your "B". Many years ago, my soninlaw in MN prepared and raced a 928 with his Porsche club and I drove/raced that car a couple of times up at Brainerd and once at Elkhart Lake. Also ran his fairly new Boxster 986 on the track - simply excellent little balanced package. I also heard some alarming engine noise at heavy load - he soon had Porsche correct that and then immediately sold it. Memory is faint, but I think it was an endemic problem with a back end bearing not fully hardened or not getting lube, and heard of quite a few cases with that gen Boxster. Have you experienced such or is yours a later engine version? [Never mind - read that cite about your Boxster. Completely different mill. Beautiful car.]

Last edited by CCCC; 11/28/22. Reason: addition

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com][/quote]
Where did you find that movie? Doing that worried my Mom and terrorized the neighborhood.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Picked up the macan big brother last weekend
2016 Cayenne with a 3.0 liter diesel averaging 26 mpg running around town

Attached Images

If God can get by on 10%, why does the government need 90%
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
That 66 GTO he bought new, right out of high school, with cash. Pale yellow, black vinyl roof, black interior, 4 speed Hurst shifter, 389 cu. in. with 3 two barrel Rochesters. He now drives Porsche's & BMW's.

Dad had the LeMans version in a convertible, Pale yellow, black top, black vinyl interior.
He traded it in 70 for a new LeMans conv in silver/blk

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.