Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Not hunting, but I've "lost" a gun or two around the house. I look and look and can't find it, and it shows up two months later in a place I forgot to look.

Had a small pistol in a range bag I tore into a few times without finding it. Looked again- nope, wasn't there. Wife told me to let the police know a gun was missing( man.....I don't know why....) So I did and of course the very next day I found it.......in the range bag....Of course!

Dad swore his Beretta was stolen out of his car from under the seat. He called me looking for advice on a replacement and bought another even though I told him I knew his Beretta would show up. Course Dad was gung ho on a new one. I went for a visit and Dad told my nephew to fetch his new FN from under the car seat. Nephew came back a minute later with a puzzled look and two boxes asking which one he meant....lol "Oh S*** don't tell your mother "were Dad's first words.......Of Course!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no firearms were lost or found

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lost a gun once when a buddy and I were taking turns driving and drinking. (Never do them at the same time, that's dangerous). We got good and blasted and were hanging out the window shooting at signs as we drove along. We were about a case into it when somehow we realized the gun was missing. Could have fallen out at a piss stop, who knows. We were more careful the next night and tethered the gun to the seatbelt. Set a new record for sign kills that night too even being encumbered with the tether strap.

Went home and smoked some weed then went out about 2am and burned up a motorhome in the woods. Cut off some old growth fir with a 10 gauge double barrel we stole from old man Tuckers down the street. Ran out of ammo or we coulda fugged up a nativity scene in some jerks yard on the way home but fuggit, we was tired anyhow and Danny had to go to work at the mill at 6am.

I got home and the girlfriend was all like, "Where da fugg you been all night, tapping that ho Sindy prolly! When I got outa jail we went looking for that gun in the ditch and whatnot but alls we seen was beer cans and clothes and schit.

LOL
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes and yes.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nope. A friend found one however while cleaning out a spring seep. Incredible old rifle.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BangPop
Not me but I had a guide client loose a rifle on the trail up the west fork on Crystal Creek east of Jackson Wyoming. I told the guy we would find it on the way back down and there wasn't anyone else around there. I looked every foot of that trail back to camp and never found that rifle. There are at least a half dozen difficult creek crossings up that canyon and I assume the rifle went off the horse at one of those crossings. Every time I went up there I looked for that gun, even in the creek, and never found it. That was in 1980 so if there's anything left of it, it's nothing more than a rusty nub. Not a cheap rifle either. It was a Colt Sauer.

Now there is an endorsement for a good guide.

Sheesh...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Eastern ND about 1981 or 2 or so. Duck / Goose hunting about 50 miles SW of GFAFB, ND. B52 Pilot friend of mine left his 12 GA Browning Superposed on a fence post by our parking spot. Approaching the base gate, he started thinking about his shotgun and realized he forgot to put it in the truck so he turns around drives back. Shotgun is gone. Questions some folks down the road aways and they say they saw an orange colored camero or sporty type car in that area. He goes into the nearest town. I can’t remember the name of the town. Starts asking around and finds out where the orange car lives. Rings the doorbell and gets his gun back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Back in the late 90’s I found a Weatherby Mark V 7MM STW leaning up against a tree. I lived in a small town, so it wasn’t hard to find out who it belonged to. Took it to his house, handed him the rifle, and he just grabbed it, and shut the door in my face. Didn’t say a word.

what an ass

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you watch enough of those fishing magnet guys youtube videos, they usually find a gun at some point

I'm guessing whoever lost those guns did so on purpose.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A buddy of mine was rabbit hunting down by Owensboro, Ky one time, and found an old Ithaca double 12 in the ditch. It had been there some time, and was beyond repair. Too bad, too, it was a "New Ithaca Double" and might have been another feller's prize bunny gun.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never lost and I've never found.

My uncle found a flintlock when he took down a wall at my Grandfathers house 30 years after he died.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
30+ years ago I was helping a friend remodel a city home for rental. We knocked out a couple walls and behind one was a pair of rifles between the studs, complete with old police evidence tags still attached. I don't remember what the second one was but I laid claim to the Winchester 94. I was told back in the day they would action off those guns just like they do autos and bikes. I never asked too many questions. The rifle was traded later for another gun but I don't remember which one now.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes and Yes!

Misplaced one that was a home hideout! A year or so later ……we found it! Seems we’re pretty good at hiding things! 😁 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Was coyote calling few years ago, just at sun down. No coyotes so I walked back to my truck, leaned rifle, a custom Sako in 17 Rem, against my pickup front tire, stowed my e caller etc, and drove five miles home. Then I realized my rifle was missing. Drove back and found it, un damaged.

Last edited by dale06; 11/28/22.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
20 years or so ago, while moving out of a house I had sold, I found an old Savage semiauto shotgun in the attic. It is a 16 gauge, no idea if it is in firing condition.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I found a FRANCHI 12 ga semi auto shotgun while Pheasant hunting on a game preserve in Illinois back in the 80's.
We had to check in before and after the hunt. I brought the gun in to the check station and while the ranger was checking my Pheasants the owner of said gun came in all upset and crying about losing his brand new shotgun. He literally had tears in his eyes. Seems it was a birthday gift from his wife. He had propped the gun on his bumper and pulled out without putting it in the vehicle . I walked over to him an asked him what brand gun and he said it was a FRANCHI. I told him it was his lucky day and handed the gun to him. I thought he was going to kiss me , he was so happy.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I loaned a guy my dad's Colt Woodsman when we were out rabbit hunting. SOB lost it out of the holster somehow. He shrugged his shoulders and said "oh well" I let him know we were NOT leaving for home until that pistol was found! There was no way I was telling my dad that. I retraced his footsteps and found it. Last time that guy touched a firearm or even went hunting with me. His attitude ended that friendship and still kinda pisses me off 35 years later.

Only firearms I know of that were found were by by G Grandfather. He found an old Winchester 20ga single shot and a 22 out on the manure pile one morning back in the 1930s.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 11/28/22.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Almost and no.
Probably 20 years ago I was hunting on a wildlife management area using a climbing stand. After the hunt I walked back to my 4 wheeler I leaned my rifle (Weatherby Mk V) against a limb of a pine sapling, loaded the climber onto the 4 wheeler and rode about two miles back to my vehicle. After trailering the 4 wheeler I opened the door and seeing the folded, empty gun case on the front seat made me utter a few bad words 😳. I always fold up the case so no one will think that there might be a rifle in the truck. No need to tempt anyone.

The only thing that worried me was that while I was loading up, there were a couple of pickups that came out of the WMA and drove right by me. I hadn’t passed them on the ride out so they were probably farther in than I was and might have driven by the rifle.

So back on the atv and drove back to the spot and there it was, right where I had left it.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A guy I worked with found a like new Browning Citori in a case lying in the middle of a busy 4 lane road.
He stopped and picked it up and looked it over. There was a state police post (this was Michigan) about a mile down the road and he took it there. They told him if no one claimed it in 30 days, it was his. It was the longest 30 days of his life-lol. All I could think of was the owner laid it across his trunk after finishing up hunting, and had driven off. This was 35 years ago.

Last edited by Winchester21; 11/28/22.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
I loaned a guy my dad's Colt Woodsman when we were out rabbit hunting. SOB lost it out of the holster somehow. He shrugged his shoulders and said "oh well" I let him know we were NOT leaving for home until that pistol was found! There was no way I was telling my dad that. I retraced his footsteps and found it. Last time that guy touched a firearm or even went hunting with me. His attitude ended that friendship and still kinda pisses me off 35 years later.

Only firearms I know of that were found were by by G Grandfather. He found an old Winchester 20ga single shot and a 22 out on the manure pile one morning back in the 1930s.
Disasters regarding LOANED guns is a whole new topic. Glad you found the Colt

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 652 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.