24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how bad Canadian Hunting Forums suck?

I swear they have a bunch of Whinny Beta Males moderating them sites. It's no wonder the Canadian hunting experience is being destroyed. It's starts from within the community from what I have noticed. So sad!

24 Hour Campfire is awesome and a welcome relief, and what a breath of fresh air. I am so happy I found this Free Speech community.

Darren

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/26/22.

KB

BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When I lived up there I found Canadian Gunnutz decent. Bought a fair number of firearms from it as well. That was 2004 - 2009. I haven't been on it since.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
When I lived up there I found Canadian Gunnutz decent. Bought a fair number of firearms from it as well. That was 2004 - 2009. I haven't been on it since.

I agree gunnutz is a decent site, still they have don't rival the freedom of speech practiced here.

The site I am referring is A hunting forum in Alberta, which is ridiculous. I have personally witnessed the stupidity of their BETA MALE Moderators, and the infighting in insane.

One moderator posted a picture of his baby, calf moose that he killed, then a few days later he posted a picture of a severe cut on his hand. He cut his thumb to the bone while butchering it, what a moron. Who shoots a calf moose?

On that site I have seen so many great posters there, that are highly experienced and as well as excellent hunters that have been banned, me included because they did not agree with what I call "The Posse", a closely knit group of "Dimwits and Know It Alls" that control and moderate the site.

Anyway, I am just happy I found this site. Their approach is refreshing.

KB

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the weather is what you can handle this morning on your side of the big hills.

Regarding forums in general, I'll admit that I've still not figured out what percentage of people who are involved in any given activity are inclined to join a forum connected to it. By that I mean I'm not clear on whether the "forum folks" represent 1% of the people involved or 10% for example.

This site was mentioned by John Barsness in a magazine article back in the day, which led me here and was the first forum I joined if memory serves. There were then others that I joined over time, some where my life and interests changed so I became less and less involved.

For instance there was a time that I was more involved in a knife/axe forum as all things sharp, stabby and cutty have been a lifelong passion of mine for at least as long as things that go bang or twang. As an aside the "twang" part might surprise you since I don't post about them much, but yah, there's 5 bows hanging in the garage and buddy has another one so I guess that makes 6???

Anyways I was somewhat active in the blade oriented forum but drifted away mostly because I both stopped grinding my own blade shapes at that point in my life and had more or less settled on blades that worked for my purposes then.

To me the value of forums is seeing how other people with similar interests who live in different places than me - places that like as not I'll never get to see in person - enjoy that activity. It's educational and entertaining to me to learn that.

Surely some things translate across geography fairly well, so we can chat about pillar bedding a rifle or what final grit they like on a particular blade steel for final sharpening, but other things less so.

For instance as I've mentioned we'll see less whitetail down here in an entire 3 month season than many of our friends will see on a bad afternoon, so their hunting techniques and even what they choose to shoot is going to be quite dissimilar to my own you know?

These days there are a couple other places where I'll stop by from time to time, one of them a BC based forum where most of the content deals with BC issues as far as hunting, fishing and the outdoors, but not exclusively. It's more heavily moderated than here for sure, but for the most part I've found it's not impossible to be honest and share opinions on important issues there.

Like Ed, I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on gunnutz over the years but honestly that's the bulk of my personal experience there or said differently I don't wander into the forum sections that much, especially not the hunting portion.

Anyways Darren, as I've been known to type before - there's many roads to Mecca - and I'm not inclined to attempt to tell anyone my road is the only road. We're all going to find the road we're supposed to be on, well or not I suppose, but that's individual choice, free will and all that good stuff.

All the best to you folks for the rest of this weekend sir and all the best as we head into the Christmas season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by EdM

I agree gunnutz is a decent site, still they have don't rival the freedom of speech practiced here.

I've been on CGN since 2002. I don't go on the off-topics garbage pit at all. I don't follow the in-house fighting threads. I keep my mouth mostly shut there for the most part because getting banned is easy and I want to have access to the EE. Gunpost is getting to be an alternative to the EE on CGN.

Free speech is a double edged sword. I support it but sometimes you have to wade through a lot of muck to get to good ground. I use the ignore function a lot to clear things up a bit. That way you still have your free speech and |I don't have to read it.

IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I agree with my friend 'Cub, have not been on CGN for years and do not miss it. THIS, is the BEST guns/hunting site I have ever found and well worth the time one puts into it. I also enjoy Gunpost, but, my gun buying days are about done, so, this is it for me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
OTOH- Podcasts Like Wilderness Locals, Coming Out Heavy and Beyond the Kill are definitely full of Alphamaleness. Some of the strange chit that Wayzee says has me laughing for days and they are the real deal.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
kaboku68, would you be kind enough to tell me how to watch a Podcast? I never have and it sounds like fun :o)

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like Ontario Out of Doors forums -

Click Here

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry I think I'll pass on that generous offer lol

Cheers ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/28/22.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Afternoon my friend, I hope besides the political quagmire you're well.

Here's a link to a couple;

Beyond the Kill

https://beyondthekill.net/

Hit the Podcast icon and you're in.

Youtube video of theirs. Kelowna boy.... phhhhh.... wink

Coming Out Heavy

https://www.comeoutheavy.ca/

Again hit the Podcast icon

Wilderness Locals

https://wildernesslocals.net/

Again there's a podcast icon to hit.

It would appear - with full warning here for you and anyone else - that all three appear to be BC rednecks, so you know how wild and weird we can be, right? wink

Good listening.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otto1217
I agree with my friend 'Cub, have not been on CGN for years and do not miss it. THIS, is the BEST guns/hunting site I have ever found and well worth the time one puts into it. I also enjoy Gunpost, but, my gun buying days are about done, so, this is it for me.

Hey Dewey .... Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. smile

One thing I learned about CGN and probably most other CDN gun forums is that a lot of those who frequent those forums are closet Liberals at heart. If not for the current turn of gun restrictions in Canada, they would certainly be outright voting Liberals.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
119 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,359 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.