-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd be hard pressed to pass on a Swarovski PH 1.5-6x42 if I came across another. The two I have are fantastic.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Kahles helia c 1.5-6x42 30 mm tube with a 4a reticle If you can find one snag it I have 2 and would gladly buy a 3rd if it came along

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been really pleased with that variable power range for all my woods hunting. I use a Zeiss 1.5-6x42 T* Diavari VM/V 30mm with the #8 reticle and it is the best low light 42mm objective scope that I've ever used. I do like that scopes power adjustment ring because it has a raised rubber portion where 3x is straight up and that is where I keep it while I'm in my stand. 3x is enough to confirm a legal buck, but low enough to get a wide fov. I'll use 2x when I'm walking around. This years deer was typical. 3x to confirm antlers, a quick left press on that raised portion to get to 6x for the shot, then back down to 4x to watch for any further movement. I think that for me that 6x upper range is better because with more magnification available, I'm pretty sure that I would want to dial up higher than necessary which would limit the fov and magnify my movement. Lots of guys use a high x rifle scope like a telescope or a binocular substitute instead of an aiming device. In the northern forest, 6x is plenty because woods deer can disappear in a hurry.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Kaps has a nice 1.5-6x42 as well

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
Kaps has a nice 1.5-6x42 as well

Does anyone have any experience with the Kaps scopes? I am looking for another 1.5-6x42 for another bear gun, that in my mind is an excellent power range for bears on bait.

Thanks
wade

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
Kahles helia c 1.5-6x42 30 mm tube with a 4a reticle If you can find one snag it I have 2 and would gladly buy a 3rd if it came along

Second!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like the S&B Klassic 1-6x42. I don't think it's in production anymore. It's a good fit for a lot of my hunting in locations I'm not dialing. Glass it good, robust/reliable scope. Low end gives really good FOV and 6x is nice in low light and gives enough detail to pick up limbs or twigs at woods shooting distance.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where can you find a KAPs? Found one once and sold it to a friend. Had a 50 objective.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son is looking for a 1-6x42 with illumination like and S&B or Swarovski, Kahles, Meopta.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by abbydog
My son is looking for a 1-6x42 with illumination like and S&B or Swarovski, Kahles, Meopta.
I have a Zeiss Victory HT, 1.5-6x42 Illuminated in the safe if interested.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Karl Kaps is found on Optics trader and they also have a web store

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Where can you find a KAPs? Found one once and sold it to a friend. Had a 50 objective.

The only place that I've seen selling Kaps is Optics-Trade.eu:

Kaps Scopes @ Optics Trade
Kaps Scopes @ Kaps

Until recently (last year?) they had a lot of Kaps scopes listed. Right now they only list four. If there was a particular one you were interested in, shoot them an email. I found them to be responsive to all my previous requests & they were good to work with when I ordered a Schmidt & Bender from them. They're an optics shop in Slovenia with a good reputation that ships worldwide. They're an option if you're looking for a particular scope that's hard to find in the USA & you don't mind working with a foreign vendor (i.e. Having something shipped through US customs).

Optics Trade Info

Last edited by odonata; 12/02/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take a look at the Hawke Endurance 30 WA 1.5-6x44 - L4A Dot Illuminated

SIDE FOCUS AND ILLUMINATION RHEOSTAT
Precise Side Focus adjustment to infinity ensures accuracy is maintained. The rheostat operates brightness settings for the red reticle illumination.

WIDE ANGLE OPTICAL SYSTEM
Wider than ever before, the Endurance Wide Angle optical system creates a breathtaking image that gives full edge to edge clarity. Seeing is believing.

FAST FOCUS OCULAR ADJUSTMENT
The apparent field of view is complemented further by a fine outer ocular assembly, making the enlarged target image almost float in front of your eye.

LOW-PROFILE ¼ MOA FINGERTIP TURRETS
Low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets with caps are precision engineered to deliver consistent and repeatable ¼ MOA click adjustments.

TACTICAL LOCKING TURRETS
Push-pull locking and resettable turrets with positive clicks. Two variants – ¼ MOA with 15 MOA per revolution or 1/10 MRAD with 6 MRAD per revolution.

ILLUMINATION RHEOSTAT
The rheostat operates reticle illumination in red. A multi stage brightness control allows a range of settings to suit shooting from dawn until dusk.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by odonata

The only place that I've seen selling Kaps is Optics-Trade.eu:

Kaps Scopes @ Optics Trade
Kaps Scopes @ Kaps

Until recently (last year?) they had a lot of Kaps scopes listed. Right now they only list four. If there was a particular one you were interested in, shoot them an email. I found them to be responsive to all my previous requests & they were good to work with when I ordered a Schmidt & Bender from them. They're an optics shop in Slovenia with a good reputation that ships worldwide. They're an option if you're looking for a particular scope that's hard to find in the USA & you don't mind working with a foreign vendor (i.e. Having something shipped through US customs).

Optics Trade Info

In the US, Darn Fine Shot sells Kaps scopes.

ILya

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.