Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by renegade50
here since Bin moved the goal post back to unobtanium level to make Oracle now...🥴🥴🥴😡😡😡👎👎👎

Hmmmm......

WTF - We were ORACLES !!

[bleep] should have "grand fathered" us in !

Let's see....
Took almost 8 or 9 yrs to make 25 k Oracle made man status...

Another 2 yrs to get to present count now.

Sweet....

15 to 17 more yrs to make Oracle again👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😡😡😡👎👎👎

Got a little over 100 to go to surpass " schits in a 5 gallon bucket at the super granola hippie commune guy".

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤣🤣😎

Last edited by renegade50; 11/28/22.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mr Craps in a Five Gallon Bucket

I think he’s running Uncle Alvah

Makes sense…voices in his head, etc

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You're not much of a deer hunter if you haven't learned how to process your own deer, that includes cutting, preparing deerburger, smoking and sausage & jerky making. The 'net is full of info on how to do all of this.
so what other non hunting skills must one have to be considered a good hunter?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BubbaG
I have been butchering all my deer for the last 20 years. I can't stand the cuts that you get from the processor not to mention the meat seems to be gameyer. I think they probably don't keep their walk in coolers cold enough to hang deer. Should be just above freezing and no warmer. I do back strips, tenderloin, shoulders, neck, roasts, and burger. The shoulders and neck get smoked and turned into bambique. For back strips and tenderloins, whatever you can do with beef tenderloin, I can do with venison back strips and tenderloins. This last year, I smoked some roasts for a couple of hours until medium rare, let cool, sliced in a deli slicer, and made sandwiches. Put it on a crunchy roll with horseradish sauce and its freakin awesome.

The processor you use makes all the difference. When I hunted in PA years ago, I took my deer to a real butcher who did a fine job, and the facility was very clean. The processor I used when I hunted in a county West of here was less than satisfactory, reflected in the quality of the meat and packaging. Now I use one near here recommended by my neighbor, and while they’re not actually butchers, they do an excellent job, follow my instructions on how I want it cut, and everything looks clean and tidy. I feel certain they do keep the deer segregated by customer, and because they’re very busy, the deer typically hang for a good while in their cooler before being cut. They charge $75, but if your deer is smallish, it’s a bit less. They offer breakfast (sage) sausage, mixing your burger with pork fat they get from a USDA butcher, or will add beef fat to your burger if you desire. I take good care of the deer I kill, and they take good care of it after I take it to them. Well worth the cost, especially when the weather is warm and doing it myself would involve a race against time.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Mr Craps in a Five Gallon Bucket

I think he’s running Uncle Alvah

Makes sense…voices in his head, etc
Don't care....
No more posting to sockpuppets and minimal hit and veiw revenue for Benjamin's for Bin with those drug out spats is how I'm gonna roll.
Homie has retired as a hitman....

"That's it mister off to ignore you go"
🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No deer for me. But this years elk was cut into muscle groups from the hind quarters and backstraps to be turned into steaks later. And got 40 pounds of burger out of the front quarters. All vacuum sealed. I’ve made 12 pounds of jerky out of the the burger so far.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What??? You gonna give the game?

You got the hypest, dopest beats on the skreet, 65” 4-g, screens in ever draw at yo crib

And just like that

Mane sheeeiiitt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fat doe is going to be rendered into ground with beef tallow, backstraps, tenderloins, and a couple of thick steaks from the hind quarters.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If one day Tenn legalizes Tittie-Baby corn baiting…I need to feed the fouck outta some yearling. I mean founder that thing and all its unit group

Then hang it up in the Cool Not for 10 days at 36f and see what this bullsheeitt is all about.

These piss soaked mature, willow nibbling and poison ivy munching deer we kill will are….ya got to be in the zone. Nitrates and MSG help somewhat. ✅☠️👍

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by xarcher
You're not much of a deer hunter if you haven't learned how to process your own deer, that includes cutting, preparing deerburger, smoking and sausage & jerky making. The 'net is full of info on how to do all of this.
so what other non hunting skills must one have to be considered a good hunter?
Pick up your beer cans at the end of the hunt.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I grind most of mine these days, but use far less pork for sausage, or fatty beef with the burger.

You hunt? 😂😂😂😂

Never seen a pic posted and I been on here 10 years

Post pics here?

If it was if it was 2005 it might have made sense to use a picture hosting sight and post using the second party but not today.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Normal cuts on doe I shot.

Lots of "pepperoni" sticks and summer sausage type stuff from the buck. I'm going to try some polish this year I think too.

Getting some breakfast and Italian sausage made up as well.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Normal cuts on doe I shot.

Lots of "pepperoni" sticks and summer sausage type stuff from the buck. I'm going to try some polish this year I think too.

Getting some breakfast and Italian sausage made up as well.

Who do you have make your stuff?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
dead beats always ruin a good thing

Originally Posted by CashisKing
I usually kill 30+ (Crop Damage stuff for the local farmers/Game Wardens).

Don't really do much with the meat myself (except some backstraps... and chunks for the dogs).

I offer the deer to whoever, but don't get a lot of takers anymore... unless I will process... and I am kinda done with that.

Had a friend that made 1k pounds of "Slim Jims" every year and gifted away, but whiny deadbeats broke him of that chit also...

BUT... I like the way you think Steve...

You have good mix ratios and a great handle on the sausage.

I used to do tons of jerky, but anymore it is Ray and Shark 90%... and lots of fruits.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
We butterfly the tender loins stew meat and burger the rest 40/60 mix jerky a few that reminds me I’m out of jerky need to ventilate one

Last edited by earlybrd; 11/28/22.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I let mine hang skin on for a few days temp permitting no higher than 40’ day highs.Cut it up and chill on ice a few more days and dedicate a evening to slice grind etc it’s not that hard to do once you’ve done it a few times.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If one day Tenn legalizes Tittie-Baby corn baiting…I need to feed the fouck outta some yearling. I mean founder that thing and all its unit group

Then hang it up in the Cool Not for 10 days at 36f and see what this bullsheeitt is all about.

These piss soaked mature, willow nibbling and poison ivy munching deer we kill will are….ya got to be in the zone. Nitrates and MSG help somewhat. ✅☠️👍

You need to take up archery hunting. They still have spots opening weekend. No need to hang. The meat is pink or so I have heard.

2 Kings 2:23-24
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm just getting around to wrapping up tenderloins and backstraps from a mulie I took a week or so ago. These get put over coals and eaten like any other good meat gets eaten. I'll also cut up a few roasts, cause my wife makes an amazing potroast in the instapot. Everything else will be ground for burgers. After having two bad experiences with game processors (one in WY, another local in MT), where meat was spoiled and the best stuff was missing, I do everything myself now. I actually find the butchering process to be relaxing and interesting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have our deer processed into the regular variety of cuts: steaks, chops, roasts and hamburger with a small amount of summer sausage. 10% beef fat in the hamburger so it stays together.

I happen to love deer roasts as I grew up eating them and my mother had some great recipes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by elkmtb

knowledge and time are two different things. Freezer space till you can get to it is another.

I have a great processor so its worth the time savings. more hunting time

That’s me….

I could learn. But how much meat to waste before i get it as good as someone that does it professionally?

Theirs some folks around these parts that make great sausage.

Actually, I have found there is far less waste from an amature processing a deer than taking it to a professional. Professionals do it fast and are not going to waste time trying to save small amounts of meat.

I’m not talking waste as in scrap.

I’m talking BigDaves sausage recipe #7 tastes like crap. Toss it to the dogs….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
378 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 36 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,898
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.