Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
We still pay cash for dinner out, gasoline for the Buick, Jeep,& Polaris Ranger, diesel fuel for the Ram, & groceries. We watched The Post Man on VHS last night because we have one of those fancy VHS / DVD combo players & a TV antenna mounted on the chimney with ratchet straps. The wife has an iphone 6 that needs to be on a charger constantly, a 10 year old Acer laptop, & I have a flip phone that I use to tell time.......Guess we could upgrade but probably wont. We haven't been off the mountain since Thursday.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have a debit card.

LOL
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

So... you buy your T1-11 with cash?

+1

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dont have one..... dont want one.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I do, but only for the HSA account.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I can’t imagine preferring these days to the just about any time in the past. I really miss the WWII generation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a great time to grow up in the 50's and 60's. There was no inflation, California was still a safe place to live and a candy bar cost 5 cents.

I spent my summers living the life of Huckleberry Finn, running around the uncharted areas near Yellowstone. My mother taught at the University in Bozeman and we had a cabin outside of West Yellowstone, where we spent the whole summer living in the 1880's. We had no modern conveniences, a wood stove for cooking every meal, an outhouse for a toilet, and a well for water.

I loved every minute of it and had no idea that it wouldn't last forever.

It's easy to reminisce, but not knowing what you were missing is easier than not having the conveniences once you have had them. I do like the cell phone and the immediate tie to what is available to look for and buy guns that I would never know existed without the cell phone.

I like having a new one ton truck that will start and run reliably and a few other conveniences. But if my knowledge of the current convenances were wiped away, I could easily live like I did in the summers of the 60's...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Major thanks to all the dick heads that decided using their card (like a woman) was "easier."

Put us on the fast track to no cash.

Thanks a bunch.

There's a scene in Tulsa King where Stallone tries to buy something with cash and the clerk tells him they don't accept cash. He'd been in prison for 25 years so he has no credit card and says "WTF, cash is king."

Thought I'd mention it here so cashisking can search it up and watch it while saying "uh-huh." Second episode I think.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Major thanks to all the dick heads that decided using their card (like a woman) was "easier."

Thanks a bunch.

There's a scene in Tulsa King where Stallone tries to buy something with cash and the clerk tells him they don't accept cash. He'd been in prison for 25 years so he has no credit card and says "WTF, cash is king."

Thought I'd mention it here so cashisking can search it up and watch it while saying "uh-huh." Second episode I think.

I'll wait for it to come out as a VHS Box Set...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
I hated simpler times. Pay phones, couldn't call anybody until you got home unless you had a sack full of coins and half the time the phone was on the fritz or out in the weather or the phone book was missing, no remote controls, black & white tv with nothing on those 2 channels, cars that would splatter your brains across the dashboard in a crash and got ten miles per gallon and had to be tuned up every ten thousand miles, leaky boots and the only waterproof jackets were pvc plastic, local stores closed on weekends, had to mail a check somewhere and wait 6 weeks to order something, subscribe to a bunch of magazines for a few pages of articles instead of days worth of reading at your fingertips, or worn out thirty year old books at the library, go sit in a crowded theater to watch a movie, take hours to cook food instead of minutes, beat your brains out to try to keep the house warm enough then burn up in the summer, die from some disease that simple drugs take care of. Beans and potatoes every day. Holey crappy clothes. Simpler times sucked azz. I love now.

Glass half full kind of guy aren't ya? ...

I'll admit to not missing the party line. Didn't realize beans and potatoes were the only sides available in the last century, or that it took hours to cook a simple meal. Did you have to rub two wet sticks together?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Thanks a bunch.

Yep, you can buy that with cash, but not Paramount streaming.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I like having the ability to check ahead for campgrounds when we are travelling. On the other hand, we never had any issues pre- cell phone either.
As for spending cash, I had a couple of instances where cash was discouraged as payment. I wrote out a statement saying I had tried to pay but payment was declined and asked the person behind the counter to sign it. Both times, they decided to accept the cash rather than sign. GD

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Thanks a bunch.

It’s becoming more and more common.

It’s not good.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You’d need an account first.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I miss the simpler times...

Like, Clockwork Orange, Singing In The Rain.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

You’d need an account first.

And money to put in the account.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Yep, you can buy that with cash, but not Paramount streaming.

Blockbuster memorabilia on Etsy...

https://www.etsy.com/market/vhs

and EBay

https://www.ebay.com/b/VHS-Tapes/309/bn_223820

Boomers rejoice... in not having to buy one of those Highfalutin' DVD thingys just yet.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.