Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
That’s a nice one. Looks like a hoss. 😊

Last edited by navlav8r; 11/26/22.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What A TOAD!

Congratulations

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
To no one’s surprise, another beautiful buck….

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's a dandy. Congrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations!

Whatever is growing under that manure is putting on the mass..

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrads on a real Dandy Buck, need to post it. In the savage kill page!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good deal

Yup.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Grats, that’s a hammer!🔨

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice buck congratulations

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by roundoak
Farm work is interfering with my deer hunting this year because my hired man quit on me a couple of months ago. My time in the woods has been shortened considerably, but was able to fill my buck tag yesterday morning.

While spreading manure on a ridge I noticed a buck and doe at the edge of a field. I stopped the machinery and my Redfield 10x42 binos indicated the buck was a shooter. I kept the tractor engine and PTO on the spreader going and watched the deer enter a small grove of Sumac and grassy area that was top of a brushy draw that led into the woods. I called one of the hunters staying at the cabin and said I need three guys to push a couple of deer and to meet me at the farm.

We met up and devised a plan to roust the deer and send them my way. I was dropped off on a township road and I told them to give me an hour to work my way north through the woods and to get in place. Hour and 15 minutes later there was a crack of a rifle. I thought, damn someone shot the buck, then I saw movement in the area I hoped the deer would have showed.

The buck came pussy footing thru some Gooseberry bushes in a rocky sided funnel that leads to some real thick brush. The buck did not make it thru.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dang bud - heck of a buck and a better story! Thanks for taking us with you.

Did I miss rifle details?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.........................................[Linked Image from i.imgur.com].................................

Ed
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice buck, congrats

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great buck!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Farm work is interfering with my deer hunting this year because my hired man quit on me a couple of months ago. My time in the woods has been shortened considerably, but was able to fill my buck tag yesterday morning.

While spreading manure on a ridge I noticed a buck and doe at the edge of a field. I stopped the machinery and my Redfield 10x42 binos indicated the buck was a shooter. I kept the tractor engine and PTO on the spreader going and watched the deer enter a small grove of Sumac and grassy area that was top of a brushy draw that led into the woods. I called one of the hunters staying at the cabin and said I need three guys to push a couple of deer and to meet me at the farm.

We met up and devised a plan to roust the deer and send them my way. I was dropped off on a township road and I told them to give me an hour to work my way north through the woods and to get in place. Hour and 15 minutes later there was a crack of a rifle. I thought, damn someone shot the buck, then I saw movement in the area I hoped the deer would have showed.

The buck came pussy footing thru some Gooseberry bushes in a rocky sided funnel that leads to some real thick brush. The buck did not make it thru.

Savage 99-A, 250-3000.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
RO, you never disappoint. Nice buck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Savage 99-A, 250-3000.

Glitch in the Matrix. How common are identical twins in whitetails?

This sumbitch shot your bucks twin three and a half weeks before you murdered the remaining brother. With an arrow! Neighborly of you to loan out the SxS…

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The world is big, but the interwebz is kind of small.

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dang it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Dang it.

Exactly...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was cleaning the snow off the out house roof when I saw this one chasing a giraffe onto a spaceship. I kept cleaning the snow off the outhouse roof while i called the fbi and told them to dress up as insurrectionists and shoot the spaceship down but to wait for me to be ready.
I went to the best spot for a space ship to crash land and i heard a ship go down and i thought damn, I'm at the wrong crash site. But then another one fell out of the sky and the buck crawled out and I struck him several times with an aluminum powerglide transmission.

That's me in the photo, everyone thinks it's my oldest son but it's me, i trimmed my facial hair and I've been taking the balance of nature vegetable and fruit pills so I look 27 years younger than I am.

It all worked out. The other crash I heard was a different spacecraft the fbi shot down.

Something clever here.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.