24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's always hard. Damn hard. They call me the dog hospice. Stinky old guys that have lived longer than they're supposed to find there way here. It's heartbreaking, but pure gold.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

T
Tansun Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Mr. Nubbs <Wife’s corgi> was a great little dog, worked a blood trail better then most dogs I’ve seen. Named Mr. Nubbs because he Wherent no bigger then a nub.
Thanks for the kind words and well wishes……

The rest of ya who wanna be jerks, in the true fashion of the CampFire……G.F.Y.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Corgis have tons of personality

Sorry bout yours

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Sad news. I never quite get over it when I lose a dog.
I went through 5 back to back. Three were Llewelyn setters and two labs and I haven’t had a dog since as the hurt was too much.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sorry you and your wife lost your pal.

Good Boy Mr. Nubbs, good boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Cowboy21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It is a death in the family.
Sorry for your loss.

No it’s not. It’s a dog. It didn’t die getting ripped apart by wolves defending the flock or hearth and home.

I empathize with the op, as I love my own dogs, but for fûcks sake.

Maybe you didn't need to say this, think it, don't say it. And my dogs take the fight to the prairie wolves every night.

I’ve cried like a bitch every time I’d had to put a dog down, and a couple select ponies.

They’re not kids. It’s anthropomorphic bs to make it different.

Sorry not sorry. If more folks had kids theyd understand.

MAGA
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
It's PUPPY time!!!!!!!!

This is the only antidote I have found for the pain. It doesn't erase the pain of the loss, but does keep us moving forward....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We had a corgi for a while. Great dog. Some SOB stole him right out of the front yard. Sorry to hear about the passing of yours

Yours in Liberty,

BL
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
They’re not kids. It’s anthropomorphic bs to make it different.

Sorry not sorry. If more folks had kids theyd understand.

I think less people should have kids. Most can’t even handle dogs.

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It does get tough when they die.

Last one is 16 years old and when she is gone there will not be any more.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Sorry for the loss. Love to see the pictures of that new Christmas puppy!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buried a lot of dogs in my life.
It does not get any easier.
The pain you and your wife are feeling is reflective of the love you had for the dog. Significant, no doubt.
Death of a dog leaves a hole that,in my experience, is best filled with another dog.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can sympathize, The older I get, the softer I become.
I get a little to attached to our livestock, cowdogs and barn cats.
I understand breeders are crossing corgies and border collies...they call them a cowboy corgie.
It hits home for me when I have got to put down an old , crippled rope horse.
I put on a million miles hauling , practicing and competing with a border collie in the seat beside me, as I go down the road. I miss them all. Take care...it hurts

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When we were kids there was a rank little Corgi that lived down the block.
He always laid in the middle of his front yard and run and bark his ass off every time we'd pass by on our bikes.

He'd just run to the edge of his yard then stand there and bark, the spot he laid in was worn down to just a patch of dirt.

The people that lived in Corgi's house were a couple of broke dick old farts that were always in their Florida room in the back of their house with their TV blaring so loud you could hear it from the middle of the road.

Between their TV and the barking dog it was more than annoying, he was relentless.

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

I got tired of his schit and stopped one day, got off my bike and approached him, I didn’t know if he'd bite or not but the closer I got he started wagging his tail and I'd never seen him wag his tail before.
I crouched down and reached right in on him and scratched his head, he didn't bite and he kept barking but his tail went ballistic.

This got to be our routine, I'd stop and scratch his head and pet him and eventually he stopped barking as I'd pass by, he'd just come to the edge of the road and I'd pet him and he'd wag his tail.

After a couple years of Corgi started chunkin' up, he looked kinda goofy with those little stumpy legs under his ballooning out obeist body but he still managed to run....and bark at everyone but me.

We both grew older.

I got my first car and parked my bike, I'd drive by Corgi's and he'd run to the edge of the road, I'd roll down my window and speak to him, he'd wag his tail a little then I'd drive off.

I'd always watch in my mirror to be sure he didn’t chase me, he never did, he'd just drop his head and waddle his fat butt back to his dirt spot in the middle of his yard with his tail between his little stumpy legs.

The only times I'd ever seen him really happy was when I'd scratch his head and pet him, I was gonna have to stop and pet him again.

I had a couple other kids in the car one day as we were passing by Corgi's place, we were heading to the beach, I stopped and decided I'd pet Corgi.
As soon as I opened my door Corgi left his yard for the first time ever and jumped into my car, he refused to get out.

He was all over everybody in the car, licking their faces and beating everyone with his ballistic tail wagging.
I decided, screw it, I slammed my door and sped off, we dognapped Corgi and took him to the beach.

This dog had a blast, he ran up and down the beach barking at everyone he saw. He barked at the waves and then bite at them as they rolled up onto the beach. He went swimming, it was amazing he could swim with his little legs and obeist body.

He acted like he'd never been allowed to go anywhere or do anything, he had a great day.

[Linked Image from pawbuzz.com]

I took him back to his house but stopped short a house away so nobody would see me drop him off.
He jumped out of the car and ran back to his house..

As I passed by leaving I saw him laying in the middle of his yard on his dirt spot, ears up and wagging his tail.

This got to be routine, every time we'd head out we'd stop and dognap Corgi, maybe two or three times a week. This went on for a couple of years. Corgi became a total outlaw.

Eventually Corgi started going on overnight trips with us.
We'd camp on undeveloped beach land where we'd build bonfires and raise hell all night.

That's when we found out Corgi had a drinking problem.

[Linked Image from photos.bringfido.com]

Corgi could drink as much beer we could and he was a sloppy drunk.
Those little short legs didn't work so well after a couple beers.
He'd get up and try to walk and just make it a few feet then do a face plant in the sand.

We'd try to sober him up by seeing how many hotdogs and marshmallows he could eat, Corgi could hold his own, he never puked, not once.

He'd always just fall asleep, upside down beside who ever would rub his belly.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Never heard anything out of his owners, don't know if they ever even noticed he was missing on occasion.
I think he just stayed out in his front yard to get away from their extra loud TV.

We never even knew his real name, he seemed fine with us calling him Corgi. We were just goofy kids doing what goofy kids do.
I do know for a fact that Corgi was a pretty happy dog through those years. If I had time to stop or not when I'd pass by his ears were always up with his tail wagging like crazy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by deflave
Fully vaccinated?
too soon?

If this is as cold as the Flave response gets.....take it and move on......would appear hes warmed up a bit......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had to Google anthropomorphic.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
VERY sorry for your loss.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry for your loss, dam dogs.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good dogs ain’t hard to find, great dogs are a gift from above.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So sorry! That would be damn hard too take!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 77 invisible), 3,110 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.