Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
https://www.allamericancanner.com/All-American-Pressure-Canners.htm

Looking to upgrade from my pretty lame canner, it's just too small and I'm tired of messing with the gaskets every season.

Input and advice are welcome. GFY is an acceptable response as well.

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife has a new pressure cooker,

That should work well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon

That should work well.

Are you saying he needs to get a wife?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Imgur is dragging, or I'd show the cooker.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

That should work well.

The canner is far cheaper than a wife.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by smokepole

That should work well.

The canner is far cheaper than a wife.

So what I'm hearing is.....two canners...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have the 921 and really like it. We do a lot of salmon in that thing.

Last edited by DouginAlaska; 11/28/22.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mother used to cook with one often. But that was sixty-five years ago. She called it a pressure cooker.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Have a 921 model. Have used it twice to can venison. easy to use and does a fine job.
Very well built and will outlast a couple of generations. Also come with a pretty handy booklet with some canning recipes.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Looking to upgrade from my pretty lame canner, it's just too small and I'm tired of messing with the gaskets every season.

Try Walmart...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/All-American-915-15-5-Quart-Pressure-Cooker-Canner/17461786

In-stock and 3% rebate with Active Junky... https://www.activejunky.com/invite/214854

EDIT... all sizes available and free shipping

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/28/22. Reason: EDIT

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All American canner are the way to go for the home use. They are mostly self regulating and not finicky with small temp variances like the cheaper Presto, Sunbeam or whatever home units.

If you are going to can a good deal They're top notch

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I guess it's different strokes for different folks but we have a Presto and a Mirro. One 16.5 qt. and one 22 qt. so far as canning goes, if you're canning in quart jars, the 16 qt. will hold the same number of jars as the 22 qt. SEVEN. Now in pints you can double stack those in the 22 qt. size to increase production. Concerning seals, I would much prefer to insert a new seal in the lid each year and fasten the lid with one simple turn than have to fool with all those clamps and tightening them down each time you put the lid on or take it off. Just saying. A tiny smear of cooking oil or petroleum jelly occasionally on the seal will take care of the sticking. Lastly, a new Mirro 22 qt. is $300 less than the All American and ours have been in use annually for 40 years so I doubt anyone is going to wear out either brand.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
All American canner are the way to go for the home use. They are mostly self regulating and not finicky with small temp variances like the cheaper Presto, Sunbeam or whatever home units.

I'm curious as to how they can be self regulating. Seems you'd still have to monitor and control the pressure via heat regulation.
I do see that they utilize both the 3 setting petcock and a gauge so maybe that accounts.

Last edited by OlRufus; 11/28/22.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
My mother used to cook with one often. But that was sixty-five years ago. She called it a pressure cooker.
Before microwaves.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Try Walmart...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/All-American-915-15-5-Quart-Pressure-Cooker-Canner/17461786

In-stock and 3% rebate with Active Junky... https://www.activejunky.com/invite/214854

EDIT... all sizes available and free shipping

Damn thats good! I was gonna drive down there and buy one, but that's cheaper to ship to me, and I save fuel.

The store is only about a half hour from me, and it's cheaper to get it shipped. Madness.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OlRufus
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker

I'm curious as to how they can be self regulating. Seems you'd still have to monitor and control the pressure via heat regulation.
I do see that they utilize both the 3 setting petcock and a gauge so maybe that accounts.
I have the Presto 23 qt canner.

I never understood why Presto sends them out with a 25lb pressure weight when most canning is done at 12 lbs. adjusting the heat to keep it at 12 lbs was not only a pain in the ass, but retarded.

I replaced the 25lb weight with an adjustable one and now the weight, not the flame, controls the pressure, self regulating .

Mine is 8 years old and still using the original gasket.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Damn thats good!

Walmart.COM is a reseller for about a billion companies...

I literally search anything with a VERY NAME SPECIFIC SEARCH... such as "Holosun HS510C" and there it is...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Holosun-...ex-Hunting-Rifle-Red-Dot-Sight/262762956

About 90% of the time it will be the cheapest price on the web... and Walmart is not anti 2A like Amazon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a 921. It is great,. It would be spendy if you don't use it much. Use it alot and it is great.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
On old skool canners with the V section gaskets, store the gasket by stretching the gasket on the exterior of the kettle, lips of the Vee uniformly spread...your gasket will last at least 10 seasons. A very, very light coat of mineral oil don't hurt either.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.