Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Is there a decent car magazine being published nowadays? Years ago I subscribed the Automobile, Car & Driver, Road & Track and Motor Trend. I gradually stopped renewing my subscriptions with the last to go being Motor Trend solely because of Ezra Dyer's column.

What's worth subscribing to currently?

Thanks, RS

BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have gone through the same progression including Autoweek and RaceCar (and Formula Car before that). Autoweek and Automobile went out of business, Road and Track became a big picture coffee table magazine and Car and Driver thought they were so cute. I still get Motor Trend just to keep track of the new cars. I most miss Road and Track. Great Formula 1 coverage back in the day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Diesel World

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I would have thought that there were more "car guys" on the 'fire. Or maybe there aren't any car magazines worth mentioning.

RS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
HotRod.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
is Open Wheel magazine still being published? ? ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is AAA give that a try. Might help with trip information.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I would have thought that there were more "car guys" on the 'fire. Or maybe there aren't any car magazines worth mentioning.

RS

Nobody reads magazines any more.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Car Clips I read are fairly specific - not the general ones like MotorTrend or Autoweek.

Four Wheeler
Hot Rod
Ol' Skool Rodz
Car Culture Deluxe
Rat Rod Magazine

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy https://classicmotorsports.com quite a lot but as I edge closer to retirement I've go this project coming that will have me looking for other resources. Any ideas on old Ford Truck magazines?

(1952, One owner, my great grandfather, 16,000 miles and been in the garage on the farm in KY since 1968.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Collectible Automobile

Hemming's Classic Car

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like it or not, us car guys are a diminishing demographic. Gone (or going) are the days of muscle cars, high performance accessories and big blocks; here come the hybrids and EVs, which all look alike to me.

The EPA, CAFE, OPEC+ and WH have all put their massive thumbs on a favorite hobby.

Fewer citizens buy newspapers or magazines, so fewer advertisers are attracted to the hard media.

Does this sound familiar to the hunter, reloader and shooting fraternity?

Enjoy your favorite writers, formats and innovations while they are available, support and encourage the younger generation and practice your crafts diligently.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P.S. Don't forget to buy your copy of Gun Gack , favorite loads. Support your local author and 24HCF contributor!

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Border Doc
Like it or not, us car guys are a diminishing demographic. Gone (or going) are the days of muscle cars, high performance accessories and big blocks; here come the hybrids and EVs, which all look alike to me.

The EPA, CAFE, OPEC+ and WH have all put their massive thumbs on a favorite hobby.

Fewer citizens buy newspapers or magazines, so fewer advertisers are attracted to the hard media.

Does this sound familiar to the hunter, reloader and shooting fraternity?

Enjoy your favorite writers, formats and innovations while they are available, support and encourage the younger generation and practice your crafts diligently.

MotorTren's on-line service and content like Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, HotRod Garage and Dirt Everyday were pretty popular and had GREAT content. For me anyway.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was younger, high school and first few years of the service, it was Car Craft and Hot Rod.
Once I got back home, I read Muscle Car Review and Circle Track, which was devoted to stock car racing.
Eventually I hung up my fire suit, but I still read MCR because of the articles about the cars I love.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
The Car Clips I read are fairly specific - not the general ones like MotorTrend or Autoweek.

Four Wheeler
Hot Rod
Ol' Skool Rodz
Car Culture Deluxe
Rat Rod Magazine

The print version of Four Wheeler is supposedly dead according to UJOINT OFFROAD. It's in the first 30 seconds of this video.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
P.S. Don't forget to buy your copy of Gun Gack , favorite loads. Support your local author and 24HCF contributor!

Thanks for the mention! www.riflesandrecipes.com

As a professional writer for close to a half a century, must comment that while printed "specialty" magazines are indeed becoming pretty rare as the business transitions to Internet publishing, printed books are still doing great. Dunno why the difference. Even in my Montana town of around 2000 people there are three bookstores, all doing very well--but the last couple of magazine stands disappeared in the past year--one in the small supermarket and the other in the largest "convenience" store.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, just as long as no one calls them car clips.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Thanks for the mention! www.riflesandrecipes.com

As a professional writer for close to a half a century, must comment that while printed "specialty" magazines are indeed becoming pretty rare as the business transitions to Internet publishing, printed books are still doing great. Dunno why the difference. Even in my Montana town of around 2000 people there are three bookstores, all doing very well--but the last couple of magazine stands disappeared in the past year--one in the small supermarket and the other in the largest "convenience" store.

Interesting that you mention the disappearance of magazine stands. The other day I was in a large, full-service grocery store and checked out the magazine section. First, I was surprised at how small it was. Second, there were almost none of the magazines that were the stalwarts of days gone by (Time, Newsweek, Southern Living, Vogue, Forbes, Sports Illustrated, etc.). Third, there were almost no publications for a mostly male readership (outdoor sports, guns, cars, motorcycles, girls, airplanes, athletics). I continue to become more of a stranger in a strange land.

RS

P.S. I have, however, been enjoying my copy of Gun Gack 4 immensely!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Grassroots Motorsports is a good mag. Top Gear magazine is pretty cool, although they'e testing more electric cars, being in Britain and all. Still like Car and Driver, although it's gotten pretty thin. Mopar Muscle is decent, too.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
611 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 160user, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.