Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RHutch
Why do you ask?

Because decent men respect their elders?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Might be offended

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
.308 in a .357 case it is, known as the .30 Sneezer. It likes one hole groups a lot.

Nice...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Old codgers will not get it or change their ways. [bleep] boomers…..
Brakes can do damage to hearing as well, even with muffs. Has something to do with concussive transfer through the cheekbone to ear canal….or some schidt like that.

I shoot and hunt with suppressors because they make the shooting experience “nicer”, doesn’t spook game to the extent a louden-boomer would, allowing follow ups on groups of targets and they are [bleep] cool 😎 .
Some off us did not have the hearing protection options, boomers

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blanket
Brakes can do damage to hearing as well, even with muffs. Has something to do with concussive transfer through the cheekbone to ear canal….or some schidt like that.

I shoot and hunt with suppressors because they make the shooting experience “nicer”, doesn’t spook game to the extent a louden-boomer would, allowing follow ups on groups of targets and they are [bleep] cool 😎 .

If you were born before 1945 (boomer range '45-65) you get a pass.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Glad that the blank blank USA has finally made suppressed mainstream for our military, to bad not for it's citizens

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by blanket

If you were born before 1945 (boomer range) you get a pass.
your boomer range is off

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Once you go suppressed you don’t go back

I purchased a Thunder Beast 9. When I bought it, I put my son-in-law on the government blackmail paper. The only real value to me was a .22 LR. It's in his possesion now.

All my rifles have brakes. They do a way better job of recoil reduction. When I hunt I use electronic hearing muffs. I see the bullet impacts.

At the range I use pugs and ear muffs.

are you actually trying to kid with me? your would rather wonder around the woods with muffs on? seriously? I wouldn't. I guess I dunnno what to say about that. a brake doing a better job of recoil reduction? I simply disagree emphatically. in fact I think if you need to have a brake on your rifle, you're shooting too much cartridge. F brakes, I hate it when people have them on rifles at the range. it sends a blast concussion across the entire shooting benches. IMO a 22LR is one of the most disappointing things to suppress. I have a 10-22 that suppression doesn't actually help much with. but I have a M&P 22 compact pistol that is quiter than a nail gun suppressed. its because the same ammo can't hit supersonic from the pistol but does from the rifle. kinda weird like that.

I have a 17 fireball that, you can actually see the ripple of the coyotes body through the scope when it takes a hit from the hydrostatic shock. an ultra 9 is a very large suppressor. since you bought it, the movement has been toward shorter and fatter cans. while I have a sico harvester 300 that is almost that long. I can see why a guy wouldn't want to tote it on a hunting rig if they have to carry the rifle very far. I have an ultra 5 for that, small and light weight, enough suppression to knock the sound and recoil way down, I also have a TBAC dominus if I want more suppression.

I would suggest giving the can another try on some different guns. cans aren't cheap, they end up being about $1000 for each one once the dust settles. but I flat out will not have a rifle that I own and shoot with any regularity uncanned. its that big of a difference across the board.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
We were born after ww2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I shoot deer regularly with a suppresser since they became legal in Michigan....for shots under 70 yards....Cutting Edge Bullets 250 gr. .452 Handgun Raptor with a plastic tip in a Christensen Arms 450 Bushmaster doing just over 1000 fps....its so quiet you can hear the bullet impact....
I have shot bucks feeding that the other deer with them didn't run at the shot....

Suppressers are great for deer control shooting....I have shot several at under 50 yards using one....

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That suppressors are regulated any stricter than lawn mower mufflers is just plain stupid.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No thanks.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by TheKid
Yes they’re cool, hearing aids are not.

Boomer be like “whaddya say?”

Some boomers already have half a dozen suppressors and hear better than most millenials.

smile smile

Hahahaha 🤣
A half a dozen is nothing, and boomers can't hear or learn for schitt

Careful. Your jealousy is eating at your brain again.

BTW- my grass needs mowing. Get your dick skinners around that lawn mower.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by TheKid
Yes they’re cool, hearing aids are not.

Boomer be like “whaddya say?”

Some boomers already have half a dozen suppressors and hear better than most millenials.

smile smile

Hahahaha 🤣
A half a dozen is nothing, and boomers can't hear or learn for schitt

Learned enough to put several M away. How about you, dickless?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think this is the first time I've seen where someone that bought a suppressor wasn't looking to buy at least one more.

I won't and don't shoot without one. The positive from using them far out weighs the negative.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I think this is the first time I've seen where someone that bought a suppressor wasn't looking to buy at least one more.

I won't and don't shoot without one. The positive from using them far out weighs the negative.

The OP is into muzzle breaks... The kind that deafen children in sound proof rooms 3 miles away.

He even tried to build his own and blew it all to hell. laugh I wish I could find the thread with that photo in it. It was hilarious! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by TRnCO

The OP is into muzzle breaks... The kind that deafen children in sound proof rooms 3 miles away.

He even tried to build his own and blew it all to hell. laugh I wish I could find the thread with that photo in it. It was hilarious! smile

There used to be a guy that came out to the local range who was one of these Nutty Professor types, thinking he was going to get rich off of some muzzle break he was experimenting with. He would come out, take two or three shots, and pack up and leave. Nut bag.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My suppressors all have Muzzle Brakes, you would be surprised how Quiet and almost no recoil.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not a great picture but look close and you can see the Brake, they do add about 1 1/4" to your over all barrel length . Rio7

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I wish they had supressors for a shotgun. I blew out my hearing in the 70's trap shooting without hearing protection. Didn't know any better. Now I have 75% hearing loss in both ears.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
I wish they had supressors for a shotgun. I blew out my hearing in the 70's trap shooting without hearing protection. Didn't know any better. Now I have 75% hearing loss in both ears.

They do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,536
Posts18,453,048
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.