Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Pappy348 check out vacuum sealers unlimited for bags if you ever decide to start cutting your own again. We Process all of ours and always have and always will. I’ve had summer sausage made at processors before but have a good friend with the knowledge and equipment so we do the s.sausage and beer dogs ourselves now.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I grind most of mine these days, but use far less pork for sausage, or fatty beef with the burger.

You hunt? 😂😂😂😂

Never seen a pic posted and I been on here 10 years

He does, I've hunted with him

Even when I hacked into his photobucket several years ago, not a single deer pic in it.

So are you the soul that took that pic of him all decked out with his AR, pancho villa bandolier, gunga din snake boots, 4 spydercos out in some pines?

Cool story bro. No that wasn't me.
He was out on an antelope hunt and I ran over to say hi to the guys for the afternoon. Also got to meet a couple other guys from here at the same time. As often as I disagree with the guy I will vouch that he does hunt. Pick apart his posts and arguments all you want, but he does hunt.
I don't post a lot of pics either, it's a choice. Just my two cents worth

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great story as well bruh

I shall worship him now

That's your choice, I'd be the last one to recommend that. Like I said, not a fan but I won't let something that's not right be waved in front of me without saying something.
Sucks though if you can't attack him with lies. Sorry bro.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lies?

Great story as well bruh

I shall worship him now

“Hey….take my picture Elroy before I don my full body orange carrot suit, get several poses”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great story as well bruh

I shall worship him now

That's your choice, I'd be the last one to recommend that. Like I said, not a fan but I won't let something that's not right be waved in front of me without saying something.
Sucks though if you can't attack him with lies. Sorry bro.
It’s cool

Been on here 10 years. Never see pics

If they exist so be it

By chance can you vouch for “Old Hat” is he hiding some awesomeness under a bushel?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two posts back to back? Hmm, telling. Didn't mean to get under your skin and mean no ill intent. Just saying if you're gonna go after someone, do it right. I didn't use the word lies, you did. I eluded to the fact you might be mistaken and was hoping you'd right things. You did not, no skin off my ass regardless.

You basically have two options, go all in or shrug it off and use all the other ammo he provides to break him down with. Choice is yours really, has been all along.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We've do our own. Roasts, backstrap go in 3-4 lb vacuum pack. Usually just freeze trim and come back and grind periodically throughout the year, doing sausage, burger, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two posts back to back? Hmm, telling. Didn't mean to get under your skin and mean no ill intent. Just saying if you're gonna go after someone, do it right. I didn't use the word lies, you did. I eluded to the fact you might be mistaken and was hoping you'd right things. You did not, no skin off my ass regardless.

You basically have two options, go all in or shrug it off and use all the other ammo he provides to break him down with. Choice is yours really, has been all along.

I’ve moved on, Thanks Colorado

The Roundoak thing is getting GOOOOD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Pappy348 check out vacuum sealers unlimited for bags if you ever decide to start cutting your own again. We Process all of ours and always have and always will. I’ve had summer sausage made at processors before but have a good friend with the knowledge and equipment so we do the s.sausage and beer dogs ourselves now.

If I shoot another one this season I may decide to cut it myself. A lot depends on the weather. Rather hunt than butcher though and there’s a lot of other stuff on the agenda like pruning fruit trees, leaf raking, and garden clean-up. We’re still getting stuff out of our garden, mostly daikons and turnips, and some herbs. The same net tunnels we use in the spring to protect young plants are keeping the frost off of stuff, and we’ve not had a real hard freeze.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why are people mixing beef or pork to wild game?

For the record I usually just do basic cuts. Steaks, roasts, maybe a pound or two of stew meat, and burger.

I see zero reason to mix anything into my burger.

Plan on doing summer sausage this winter, probably breakfast sausage too.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/28/22.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cut the back straps out, butterfly to cook on the grill. Hams are run thru a slicer at about an 1/8 thick for fahitas. The rest is ground into burger. Same way for fifty years

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Lies?

Great story as well bruh

I shall worship him now

“Hey….take my picture Elroy before I don my full body orange carrot suit, get several poses”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is one flat faced dude. Looks like an old horse without a nose

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by tzone
Normal cuts on doe I shot.

Lots of "pepperoni" sticks and summer sausage type stuff from the buck. I'm going to try some polish this year I think too.

Getting some breakfast and Italian sausage made up as well.

Who do you have make your stuff?

My buddy is a butcher. I have him mix it all up and smoke it. He has a much better home set up than most and can do a decent quantity a lot quicker than I can. And I know where it came from.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

For the record I usually just do basic cuts. Steaks, roasts, maybe a pound or two of stew meat, and burger.

LOL
Good luck with that straight venison Summer Sausage, should be just the right consistency of crumbly, dry and mushy, sounds delicious.

Idiot

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd get some clarification before just calling him an idiot. He very well could be one but I don't know for sure yet.
I don't mix anything into my burger either, but when I make summer sausage I do, because the recipe calls for it.

As to mixing beef or pork fat with burger I don't think it's a good idea at all. Fat is the first thing to taint in the freezer, and it'll take the meat with it. Straight ground can last several years in bags that are sealed tight with little to no air in them, if you mix fat with it you've got a year, two tops usually. If it's kept below zero it's safe to eat indefinitely, but that fat will wreck the flavor long term.

Straight ground meat is fine for pasta sauce, tacos etc.
If I want to make meat loaf, burgers etc. Then I add just a little pork breakfast sausage to make it stick together and make it juicy. Perhaps that's what the other guy does too.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'd get some clarification before just calling him an idiot. He very well could be one but I don't know for sure yet.
I don't mix anything into my burger either, but when I make summer sausage I do, because the recipe calls for it.

Bingo. In fact, I didn't even grind what I'm going to use for summer sausage yet (which would be all the neck meat off a bull elk).

Stevie got his puzzy hurt because his venison is 70% beef lol. Put away the "jump to conclusions" mat steve-o.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/29/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Bingo. In fact, I didn't even grind what I'm going to use for summer sausage yet (which would be all the neck meat off a bull elk).

Stevie got his puzzy hurt because his venison is 70% beef lol. Put away the "jump to conclusions" mat steve-o.

Here is your quote.

As I said, enjoy your straight venison summer sausage, then you will find out why people mix beef, pork and fat with their wild game.

Idiot

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Normal cuts on doe I shot.

Lots of "pepperoni" sticks and summer sausage type stuff from the buck. I'm going to try some polish this year I think too.

Getting some breakfast and Italian sausage made up as well.

Who do you have make your stuff?

My buddy is a butcher. I have him mix it all up and smoke it. He has a much better home set up than most and can do a decent quantity a lot quicker than I can. And I know where it came from.
You are lucky to have him. Enjoy

Last edited by steve4102; 11/29/22.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Nothing wrong with personal choice. We usually mix up a batch of 50% venison with 50% pork butts for meatballs we use in Italian dishes. Pork adds a nice flavor. I make all our Italian and breakfast sausage out of pork butts. The 70% lean and 30% fat ratio are perfect for our tastes. Our burger is all venison plus 15% pork or beef

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We always did our own from rolling the reloads to wrapping the meat.
It got to where we only steaked the backstraps of deer and ground the rest with beef suet,then get as much good steaks as we could from elk, no roasts.
Antelope was boned and then taken to a processor for Polish or German sausage.
The dogs got the bones and scrap

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
172 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 15 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.