Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll be out as of Jan. 20.
Forty seven years at the same job is enough!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Good luck...

AND...

Depending on you skillset/labor talents... look into side work (Gig stuff for cash).

Huge money there depending if you are interest in side work/money.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Been retired since Sept 2 of this year. It’s an an awesome feeling knowing I don’t have to go to work unless I want to. Leave now. Don’t wait til end of the year!!!!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm done 1 week from today, after 44 years with the same company.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Retired after 39 great years with a great company, 11 years ago. Best thing I ever did.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I retired May 6th. It was a decision that I made practically overnight. My wife had suggested it for a couple years. Anyway, that was the first day in 44 years that I didn’t have at least one job. I just finished my first 6 months of retirement and have no doubt that it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I’m busier than ever but I’m doing things that I want to do. If I don’t finish a project today, it’s OK because tomorrow is Saturday. And so is the next day! Enjoy!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations Steve !!

My day is coming. December 16th is my last shift. My wife retires December 30th. She has been cutting hair for over 50 years.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not sure if Congratulations or Condolences are in order……retirement can go either direction!
Make the best of it whichever way it goes! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just got back from taking a load down to the temporary rental in St George.

Once we left the portland area didn't see a single homeless camp or any graffiti to speak of.

House closes today.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Good luck...

AND...

Depending on you skillset/labor talents... look into side work (Gig stuff for cash).

Huge money there depending if you are interest in side work/money.

My current job has mentioned some contract work. Will probably do some.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Best job ever.......

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After informing my boss a couple few months ago that I was leaving, told him yesterday that Friday was going to be my effective last day (PTO). They still haven't hired my replacement. <head-shaking>

Was in the office in the industrial area of NW Portland yesterday. Went out to leave at the end of the day and Portlandia gave me a lovely parting gift of having my truck broken into. All they got of significance was my Go-Bag (GTF Back Home Bag) and a hunting knife. F'ing homeless tweekers. Man I wish I would have caught the [bleep] in the act, but I'd probably end up as a guest of Oregon for longer than I'd like.

Everything that has happened since we made the decision to retire and get out of Oregon has only reinforced it.

Moving van showing up on the 27th. Weather permitting we are out of here on the 28th. Supposed to have the window replaced on Monday. Crossing fingers...

Last edited by Steve; 12/13/22.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve
After informing my boss a couple few months ago that I was leaving, told him yesterday that Friday was going to be my effective last day (PTO). They still haven't hired my replacement. <head-shaking>

Was in the office in the industrial area of NW Portland yesterday. Went out to leave at the end of the day and Portlandia gave me a lovely parting gift of having my truck broken into. All they got of significance was my Go-Bag (GTF Back Home Bag) and a hunting knife. F'ing homeless tweekers. Man I wish I would have caught the [bleep] in the act, but I'd probably end up as a guest of Oregon for longer than I'd like.

Everything that has happened since we made the decision to retire and get out of Oregon has only reinforced it.

Moving van showing up on the 27th. Weather permitting we are out of here on the 28th. Supposed to have the window replaced on Monday. Crossing fingers...

Sorry to hear about the truck, but the pending retirement sounds good. Remind me where you are headed?

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Eventually Cedar City Ut. Building a place. In the interim St. George.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ihookem
I told my wife I am moving to Upper Michigan. She said she will miss me.

Sounds perfect.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just got back from taking a load down to the temporary rental in St George.

Once we left the portland area didn't see a single homeless camp or any graffiti to speak of.

House closes today.

Enjoy some down time!
We closed on one section of our land sale last week, but it wasn't a large enough chunk to fully walk away from work.....just yet!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I hoped you dropped a present on the sidewalk as a parting gift to that chithole.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Eventually Cedar City Ut. Building a place. In the interim St. George.

That's a great area to be in.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
NW Portland, including 22/23 and the Pearl, has sure gone downhill in the last decade or so. I'm sure it's a concern to all of the rich people who bought into the Pearl over the years. We have friends in old NW who have been in their place for 40 years and they are planning to leave Portland.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.