-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just go to a restaurant near you that sells alcohol! I haven’t had to “sign in” in years to drink at restaurants where my mom lives in C. Arkansas. If you want alcohol for your house, you just drive to your closest wet county and I’m sure there are a couple of liquor stores within feet of the county line. Or, if that doesn’t work, you can move back to Oregon, no one in Arkansas will probably miss you. Hell, the minute they saw Oregon on your license plates, they wrote you off as a liberal or ANTIFA member.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Heym06
Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

Tell me all about your gun laws, again.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

Ouch.
LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raferman

Ouch.
LOL

Punching below the Bible belt? laugh

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Bam!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was working in northern Indiana just down from the MI border about 6-7 years ago. We stopped at a 7/11 for beer to bring back to the motel and could only buy warm beer. Apparently cold beer was illegal at party stores to discourage drunk driving but was legal to sell at grocery stores. Can’t imagine that it worked but that was the law there.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

You are exactly where you belong. Please stay there!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On Sunday's, it's easier to legally get weed than liquor in my town.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

So everything is awesome in Oregon (no longer Orygun) huh?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie

So everything is awesome in Oregon (no longer Orygun) huh?

I believe utopia is now Ormygun, but I digress. Let us not try to fill this guy's head with crazy talk of foreign lands that allegedly offer a few more "freedoms" or "liberties" than his neurons could be capable of processing. Ormygun is the shizzle for those who want to Lewis & Clark their way through the exciting world of (il)legal drugs without fear of criminal repercussions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The dry counties come from problems in the 40's and the 50's. Lots of bored WWII guys that was itching for some action. There would be a fight in one of the bars, it would spill into the street and turn into a all out brawl on the court square.

One of my old friends that helped raise me was famous for locking up his store to fight. He would run the people out of his store, lock the doors and go fight then drink the rest of the day. He said when you know everyone, it's not hard to pick a side.

About the only body affected by the dry counties were the arseholes and dumb phuecks from out of town. In my circle were a handful of Catholics that kept from 10 to 25 cases of beer on hand. You could always run by and get a couple of cases of beer and replace it later on in the week.

Last edited by DryPowder; 11/29/22.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note to self: Don't mention any differences after moving to Utah.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve

This went well beyond mentioning differences. Don’t move to Utah and 6 weeks in tell those dumb [bleep] how stupid they are and tell them to get their laws in line with the place you just left.

He already knew about the dry counties before moving there. He works for a winery after all. No one forced him to move here.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Steve

This went well beyond mentioning differences. Don’t move to Utah and 6 weeks in tell those dumb [bleep] how stupid they are and tell them to get their laws in line with the place you just left.

He already knew about the dry counties before moving there. He works for a winery after all. No one forced him to move here.

Bingo. I believe he was also advised specifically to avoid this behavior, by folks who understand the lay of the land and/or have detectable amounts of good sense. I hope the guy makes good wine, because he's not likely to make good friends in Arkansas like this.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
[quote=Heym06]Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A lot of counties in the deep south are dry. Caused a lot of accidents from "wet" counties with people driving back to dry counties. Taxes were another. Most counties in Alabama are now wet. Even in my county, which is wet, a few years ago the state officers looking for meth labs found 76 stills in the woods around the main towns. They just busted them up and didn't even try to find who built them, they were more interested in stopping the far more dangerous meth labs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[quote=Heym06]Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!

Maybe you'll lose your rights as far as guns go but on the bright side you get extra points for having a Lesbaru in the driveway.

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

we might be surprised there are probably more people that do not go to church through the Bible belt and do. the area said in Missouri and Northern Arkansas most people have a distrust for outsiders and then outsiders that come in and bitch about things until people how they should do different things many times get very unwelcome real fast.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Holy Fugk

We had to bring out the pitchforks and torches to get Powerball and scratch offs

We don't have any of that here, Bleeding heart liberals are concerned the Natives out in western Alaska will blow their .gov/native corp checks all on lottery tickets.

We also have local option laws where local communities can vote themselves dry and several have. Mostly in western Alaska and some in the north. I've worked in a dry jurisdiction. I never do it again. They're all mostly hellholes and being dry contributes quite a bit to it because of the binge drinking culture that's developed because of it. It hasn't stopped the alcohol from coming in and the bootleggers make bank.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.