Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never "lost one" had some stolen, never found one either

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Friend worked for car rental place after college. They find lots of guns left in cars. Most turned out to be cops guns. They always said said “can you keep this between us”

C
C
Lost a Remington 22 when I was young
Found a Glock 45 in the middle of a sendero on our lease in Freer

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lost one (wife's), replaced it after deciding it was stolen (~ 2 years later).
Around 6 months after that, I found it - so now she has 2 of the same model - and she's going to keep both.
Still have one I've "hidden" from myself. It's around here somewhere, I forget where.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Left a cased 788 in 223 on the table at the range one day. several guys were with me and it got overlooked in the loading up process.
Called the range the next day to ask about it and the RO told me it had been turned in.

Then he asked me if I wanted to keep it because the guys that found it would gladly take it off my hands.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I found a Browning Citori 12ga with the stock and barrels sawed off at the forend. It was in an abandoned house.

Gunshow loophole I suppose.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dale06
Was coyote calling few years ago, just at sun down. No coyotes so I walked back to my truck, leaned rifle, a custom Sako in 17 Rem, against my pickup front tire, stowed my e caller etc, and drove five miles home. Then I realized my rifle was missing. Drove back and found it, un damaged.

Did the same thing with a W70 7Mag one of the first years I hunted big game. Rolled over it with my Scout, realized it was missing, went back and found it lying in the snow with a big tire track right over the middle of it. A Tasco 4x scope (I told you it was one of my first hunting years) and the gun both appeared undamaged. I shot it at a tree 25 yards away and it was 2 inches left of the mark. So, I dialed in 32 clicks of correction and it was good to go. Shot it for the next 10 years and sold it for a stainless classic. Since then, I always lay my gun on the hood of the vehicle right in front of the driver. No forgetting that one.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a friend put his brand new shotgun (Browning Gold Hunter) on the roof of his car, after a bird hunt. He realized his mistake, when he got home. He drove back to the parking lot, and searched the area, but he never found it. He contacted the police, and gave them the serial number and reported it as lost. This happened before the days of Craigslist, so he put an ad in the local paper with his name and phone number. He got several crank calls over the next week, or so, calling him a dumbass and asking how he could be so stupid. I felt bad for him. His wife gave him the shotgun as a birthday gift, just a few days before he lost it. I don't think he ever got his shotgun back.

I never found anyone else's firearms.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Had a client of mine drop a $15,000 Italian SxS 12 gauge overboard in chest deep water on a duck hunt. It’s still there, we never found it.

Last edited by Johnsclist; 11/29/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back about 30 years ago was working for a moving company in Birmingham. We were moving a mother and teenage daughter out of a very nice house after a divorce. In the garage I found a duffel that was partially open. Inside were two Mac-10s with mags inserted and about 10 extra loaded mags. I brought it to the woman's attention. She confirmed that they likely belonged to her ex who had built a bunker in rural north AL and started insisting that they call him "The Colonel". She said he had so many guns that he likely did not even miss these.

Last edited by TnBigBore; 11/29/22.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think so. I moved out of mom and dad's home in 1980. Somewhere around 2010 my mom found a cheap single shot 22 rifle in the back of my old closet. I have no recollection of where it came from but I'm sure it was mine.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Son and I pre deer season scouting in the woods. He finds a holstered what looked like a High Standard 4.5" 22 pistol but it was so rusted it was hard to tell. Holster had to be peeled off. Looked like it was at one time a good quality rig....100 year old abandoned strip mine.

Never lost one.

"an armed society is a polite society"
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Timbermaster: No never lost one but have "found" quite a few!
Most all of those "found" guns were in connection with police investigations.
I did "misplace" a Rifle once during a move. It was a M-1 Carbine and the VarmintWife was "helping" me put up my guns in my new gun vault room.
She thought one Rifle case was empty and put that soft Rifle case at the bottom of what became a large stack of other "empty" gun cases.
Years and years go by and I can NOT find that M-1 Carbine. I eventually convinced myself I must have sold it.
More years go by and I need a "short" Rifle case - through my large stack of cases I go and discovered the missing M-1 Carbine. Glad I did as I sold that Carbine and a box of military tracer ammo (along with several original new in wrappers military magazines) for $875.00 at the Missoula Gunshow.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Back about 30 years ago was working for a moving company in Birmingham. We were moving a mother and teenage daughter out of a very nice house after a divorce. In the garage I found a duffel that was partially open. Inside were two Mac-10s with mags inserted and about 10 extra loaded mags. I brought it to the woman's attention. She confirmed that they likely belonged to her ex who had built a bunker in rural north AL and started insisting that they call him "The Colonel". She said he had so many guns that he likely did not even miss these.

So how do they shoot?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Not me, personally, either one.

The Rem 725SA I have was found by a friend in a wrecked snowmachine sled out of Anuktuvik Pass. Only a couple hundred people there, but no one ever claimed it, or the several other guns in the sled. We figured it was a case of alcohol embarrassment/blackout. smile. They had been out there a month or two is all - wintertime. Most of the damnage was done by prior lack of care.

I refurbished them all, and Steve gave me the 725SA .244. Barrel was shot, so I hung a take-off .260 700TI barrel on it, and take it hunting time to time.

I have a Hi Standard .22 pistol that a local snowmobiler lost up in the Caribou Hills. He found it later in the summer, rust pitted on one side, and brought it to me for cleaning and bead/rebluing. Despite repeated notifications, he never returned for it. Shoots good.

Last edited by las; 11/29/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

So how do they shoot?

Sorry to say she took the bag and did not offer them to me. This would have been back in the Miami Vice days and I would have liked to have fired both from the hip at the same time like a Columbian drug lord.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lost a mod 94 30-30 out of my saddle scabbard while chasing cattle, knew the acre that i lost it on but for the life of me could not find it. Snowed that night next spring i walked right up to it , talk about being pizzed off that i did not find it the Oct before.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
My son or I left his 581 at the range after 4-H practice, each thinking the other had loaded it. We caught grief over that for a few weeks. Leader had it. We didn't realize it was missing for two weeks.

My cousin lost his HK 300 with an 05 mt and a Leupold 3.5 x 10. He was trapping beaver and after checking his sets was loading up. He or the guy he was with set the cased rifle on the bumper or? I helped look for that gun for the next week. Never found it. @'86-87.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost a ruger single Six.

Bought it used, it was rough looking.

Had to cerakoted.

Kept it in my SxS.

Was running around deer camp on a Saturday. Kept it kn the dash.

Loaded up to come home and forgot it was still laying on the dash.

30 miles of country roads i remembered to grab it.

It was gone…

Back tracked best i could. Looked in the road. Ditches.

Needle in a hay stack…..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A few years ago, a fellow neglected to load his duck gun and his bag of decoys into his vehicle in a parking area to a salt marsh. I found the duck gun laying in the dried mud in the open. When I turned in the gun at the local police station, the fellow had already reported the gun and decoys lost. The fellow reported he had been distracted by his dog so forgot about his gear. When I found the gun, there were no decoys . Never got the rest of the story.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
366 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.