Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
the help of the GOP membership. Negotians between the unions are going nowhere, and any congressional mediation will require the help of at least 10 GOP members. Wonder which will give in first the unions or the GOP?

We should know Friday, 9 Dec 2012. Ought to be interesting.

Phil

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Your boy Biden has his pen & phone and the ultimate power to block the strike......yet he's askeered, this time?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Old news.

Biden already fixed the railroad issue, remember?

Lol

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The Dems will add poison pills to the bill, and the weak Republicans will cave. More aide to the Ukraine for sure!

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Could alway's turn out like the '81 PATCO strike. which wasn't good for anyone.

Phil

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Could alway's turn out like the '81 PATCO strike. which wasn't good for anyone.

Phil

Fat chance, Biden doesn’t have 1% of the balls that Regan had.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Unions won't give in, They need more money to give to Dem,s--

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Unions won't give in, They need more money to give to Dem,s--

This^^^
Is why FJB won't step in.

FJB & FJT
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Dad was a railroader for 43 years, a carman, repaired coal cars and worked the wreck car most of his life. Absolutely hated the place. It took open warfare to get the union into the coal mines a hundred years ago. It will probably take something similar to get any improvements from the rail companies. Derailing trains in places that are detrimental to everyone around would get everyone’s attention quickly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Firecontrolman
Dad was a railroader for 43 years, a carman, repaired coal cars and worked the wreck car most of his life. Absolutely hated the place. It took open warfare to get the union into the coal mines a hundred years ago. It will probably take something similar to get any improvements from the rail companies. Derailing trains in places that are detrimental to everyone around would get everyone’s attention quickly.

There you go, start derailing trains so the union gets a few PTO days. Maybe make sure you get some anhydrous tank cars or other chem tanks cracked open...JFC, what a dipsh.it

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hillestadj

There you go, start derailing trains so the union gets a few PTO days. Maybe make sure you get some anhydrous tank cars or other chem tanks cracked open...JFC, what a dipsh.it

Will be interesting once the guys on strike realize the stuff they need to live while on strike - sitting in those non-moving rail cars. Hurt themselves.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Will be interesting once the guys on strike realize the stuff they need to live while on strike - sitting in those non-moving rail cars. Hurt themselves.

"Fuggggggg. You mean my overnight Fed-ex delivery is going to be marooned on a tied down Z-train in BFE for a couple weeks?! Dammit!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not well informed on the current issues, but if the quality of life issues
I hear about are the issue, I agree with the union.

RR crew lifestyle sucks. Period.
And the companies DGAF!

But, I'm a former long haul trucker.
RR'ers sleep in motels, get paid wages to wait....
I slept in cold trucks, only money was hand unloading and turning wheels.

I understand their complaints, but when I got the schidts of the life, I bailed out.

Firecontrolman,
To call for such behavior is dumb as F!

There was a time and place. When the companiues were killing and maiming workers with no concern. When the companies were hiring
mercenaries to beat and kill anyone who opposed them.
That is not the case now. Why in the hell would you encourage that?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Damn sure didn't pan out for Ragen! He thought that by giving them an ultimatum that they would all go running back... didn't happen and Ragen got caught flat footed. He kept his word, and it took the industry more than 10 years to recover. Later Clinton allowed the old worker to go back to their jobs if wanted. Though after nearly 13 years I don't know why they'd want to. Whatever it be, Congress won't have the votes with just the Dems to do anything about it. Will need at least 10 GOP members, and that's if none of the Dems take a hard-liner for the workers. Personally, I hope they strike, government doesn't have a right to prevent or immediately step in to prevent the workers from striking. And what the workers are asking for is not unreasonable.

Phil

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
What are the workers asking for?

NRA Patron
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
The ability to call in sick when they are sick, to take time off to seek medical attention, and to not have to risk their jobs to do so. Pretty much what every other worker in the county has...

Phil

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The ability to call in sick when they are sick, to take time off to seek medical attention, and to not have to risk their jobs to do so. Pretty much what every other worker in the county has...

Phil

Don't forget the right to not take the jab.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Phil

I’m quite surprised that the workers can’t call in sick when they are sick, and can’t seek medical medical attention when it’s needed.
I’m not understanding why an employer would want people “on the job” when they’re actually sick, or why they would not want employees to seek medical attention so they could be more productive at work.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Welcome to Buttfugkville, where OP is the mayor

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the help of the GOP membership. Negotians between the unions are going nowhere, and any congressional mediation will require the help of at least 10 GOP members. Wonder which will give in first the unions or the GOP?

We should know Friday, 9 Dec 2012. Ought to be interesting.

Phil
Phil, why do we have to wait until 2012 ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
278 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.