Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I use and love the F1. The modularity is great. I have different Eberlestock packs for (vapor 2500 and 7500, the batwings, dry bag and the molle panel that straps to the frame) the F1 and they’re all great. I can use this frame for anything from a short morning or afternoon hunt up to a meat hauler or multi-day pack and be comfortable.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Currently 15% off the Eberlestock M1 Mainframe, use it however you like.

Link

Phil

M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for all the feedback. Lots of good options.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Thanks.
How do you find it so far for just hiking around hunting with light load? Noise, comfort, mobility? Good luck, I hope you get to load it up this week. Thanks.

Seems fine. One thing I like about it compared to some of my other packs is it has a fairly narrow frame which doesn't extend out beyond my back hooking on branches and stuff. Noise .. no issue, better than some higher end hunting day packs I've owned. Mobility .. good though of course it is an external frame pack so it doesn't flex quite like a soft day pack.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by bwinters
A word of caution on the MR Popup 38 - it seems the bag can't/won't cinch tight to the frame with less than a full bag. I had a PU 28 and liked it well enough but it didn't anything my Exo K3 can't do better so I sold it.

That’s strange. I had an 18 and now have the 28. They both cinch down fine.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by bwinters
A word of caution on the MR Popup 38 - it seems the bag can't/won't cinch tight to the frame with less than a full bag. I had a PU 28 and liked it well enough but it didn't anything my Exo K3 can't do better so I sold it.

That’s strange. I had an 18 and now have the 28. They both cinch down fine.

I had a 28 and it worked fine as well but a friend of a buddy of mine had a 38 and couldn't keep it from flopping around with a less than full pack.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got great use out of my x2 but had the same issues as you. I use a smaller non-hauling MR pack pack for local deer I can drag out these days. A grandson is using the X2 these days the darn thing keeps on going.

For packing out a boned mule deer my Mystery Ranch Sawtooth 45 does it in a breeze & will handle 100 lbs of elk but isn’t too large or heavy. It’s the first Hauler I’ve owned that feels as light as the X2 & hauls my rifle on a Kifatu gun bearer. With the hunting lid add on its multi day capable or can be used as a tiny pack for a short excursion with water, knife, paracord. Small emergency supply etc.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I use the Eberlystock F1 mainframe. There unbeleavably comfortable and versital IME. I use it to day pack and also for heavy meat packing. Its the only pack I've used where I can pack 100 lbs comfortably.

Best hunting pack setup on the market today IMO.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Glad the eberlestock works for you. Seems like I’ve heard more eberlestock owners complain about their packs than any other brand. My two friends that have owned them hated the things.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Glad the eberlestock works for you. Seems like I’ve heard more eberlestock owners complain about their packs than any other brand. My two friends that have owned them hated the things.

Hated mine.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by aheider

Hated mine.

I'm curious if any of you had the F1 mainframe setup?

There is a tremendous difference between the F1 mainframe system and a run of the mill Eberlystock pack

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Trystan
Its the only pack I've used where I can pack 100 lbs comfortably.

Trystan
Just curious what other high-end packs you've spent time with?

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Yeah, one guy had one of those frames. The difference in comfort when loaded with one boned out deer between it and the MR pop up was striking.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have never considered E-stock to be a player, but who knows.

M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for all the feed back guys I appreciate it. Just to let you know I’ve been looking at all the options suggested so far, and I’m leaning hard toward the Seekoutside Peregrine.

I already have a Mchale Critical Mass ll for all my big pack needs and absolutely love it, so I want to make sure I don’t overlap into big pack territory too far.
The Seekoutside waist belt system is very similar to Mchale and so it has me really interested. Please keep the suggestions coming if you have them because I won’t be buying right away. I’m going to take my time on the final decision because these things are pricey and I’m finished deer hunting for this year. I still have a late season goat draw and some lynx hunting to do, but my Mchale will be used for that.
Thanks again.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Trystan

Hi Jordan, I've packed with the kuiu pro lite, stone glacier, x2 Eberlystock, SO and some others that I don't recall the names of. In all of those instances it was pack swapping with fellow hunters although I have packed with a good number of less expensive packs. IMO the Eberlystock F1 mainframe setup shined when loaded heavy and other hunters who swapped with me came to the same conclusion. Have you had the chance to try an F1 mainframe? I'd be curious what your analysis is and certainly value your input and experience as well.

Trystan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Thanks for all the feed back guys I appreciate it. Just to let you know I’ve been looking at all the options suggested so far, and I’m leaning hard toward the Seekoutside Peregrine.

I already have a Mchale Critical Mass ll for all my big pack needs and absolutely love it, so I want to make sure I don’t overlap into big pack territory too far.
The Seekoutside waist belt system is very similar to Mchale and so it has me really interested. Please keep the suggestions coming if you have them because I won’t be buying right away. I’m going to take my time on the final decision because these things are pricey and I’m finished deer hunting for this year. I still have a late season goat draw and some lynx hunting to do, but my Mchale will be used for that.
Thanks again.
The waist-belt system is exactly what drew me to SO packs in the first place, and is the primary reason why I've kept using them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Trystan

Hi Jordan, I've packed with the kuiu pro lite, stone glacier, x2 Eberlystock, SO and some others that I don't recall the names of. In all of those instances it was pack swapping with fellow hunters although I have packed with a good number of less expensive packs. IMO the Eberlystock F1 mainframe setup shined when loaded heavy and other hunters who swapped with me came to the same conclusion. Have you had the chance to try an F1 mainframe? I'd be curious what your analysis is and certainly value your input and experience as well.

Trystan
Trystan,

I have not used the F1 personally. I wondered what packs you were comparing to when you mentioned that the F1 is the best you've used. I'm still curious if you had owned some of the other high-end packs, like SG and SO, and adjusted and set them up for your body, specifically, if they'd have done better for you.

My Eberlestock experience is limited to the Gunslinger II and the Just-One, and they weren't in the same league as the Kifaru, SO, MR packs I've owned and been around.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Trystan

Trystan
Trystan,

I have not used the F1 personally. I wondered what packs you were comparing to when you mentioned that the F1 is the best you've used. I'm still curious if you had owned some of the other high-end packs, like SG and SO, and adjusted and set them up for your body, specifically, if they'd have done better for you.

My Eberlestock experience is limited to the Gunslinger II and the Just-One, and they weren't in the same league as the Kifaru, SO, MR packs I've owned and been around.

The Gunslinger and Just one are miles apart from the f1. I could care less about what the OP buys, but the f1 is very comfortable, durable and handles a load great. The versatility with the different packs is endless. I think the f1 with a vapor of any size is a force to be reckoned with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is SO back in good stead?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
815 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 80 invisible), 3,209 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.