Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wife had A package being shipped to arrive today, dumb ass FedEx thru it out next to a hoop shed a half mile away. Thank you

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FedEx sucks. Actually worse than USPS.

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Amazon sucks. They're nothing but a wing of the democrat party. Besides that, I know 2 fedex drivers and they are sick and tired of all the amazon paks. One of my friends delivers for usps and he says that 90 persent of his drop offs on weekends is from fedex and ups. They say when the day is over the usps HAS to take the pakages and then deliver them. Thats why you see mail man out on Sundays.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loves it ..where's my chit !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Goodness.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Blanket, what happened was your mailman found out you hate President Trump,as far as he cares you package could be floating down the river

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Goodness.
+1

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
with supply chain issues and local grocery stores out of product, I find Amazon has most of what I want and will get it to me next day, free shipping. And cheaper.

Sam......

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Amazon doesn’t use Fedex

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a box at the UPS store. All my packages get shipped there. I also have no weekend deliveries with Amazon. I can see some idiot throwing the package by the door of the stores when it closes early on Saturday or closed on Sunday.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by fishingnut71
Amazon sucks. They're nothing but a wing of the democrat party. Besides that, I know 2 fedex drivers and they are sick and tired of all the amazon paks. One of my friends delivers for usps and he says that 90 persent of his drop offs on weekends is from fedex and ups. They say when the day is over the usps HAS to take the pakages and then deliver them. Thats why you see mail man out on Sundays.

I’m guessing fedex and ups negotiated a deal with usps. And given that usps is a government entity, they got short end of the stick.

NRA Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
FedEx is not very reliable this time of year. I find the post office most reliable for getting Items delivered on time and to my address.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Amazon doesn’t use Fedex

FBA as a rule doesn't use FedEx but Amazon will allow sellers to utilize FedEx for items that aren't FBA - when and IF FedEx is meeting delivery standards for OTD in that area/for that customer.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dale06

I’m guessing fedex and ups negotiated a deal with usps. And given that usps is a government entity, they got short end of the stick.

FedEx, UPS, Amazon all utilize USPS for rural and delivery areas where the don't have density themselves or where they need additional capacity. Without those 3 dumping into USPS, USPS would likely be hemorrhaging worse than it is.

Density rules the final mile game. Hell - Amazon delivers more packages on Amazon trucks than FedEx delivers (total) in the US. That's serious volume.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No complaints about Amazon’s own delivery service. They run through here all day long. When you get the others involved, stuff can happen. Need to pay attention when you order.

Whatever you think of Bezos’ politics and persona, his business most definitely doesn’t suck. Since the vast majority of other large businesses are run by equally Liberal fuggers, I’m going with the ones who do a good job. Amazon is one of those, and saves me a lot of money and especially, time and gas.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yet they are working. If they don't like it, I'm sure Fedex can find someone else to take the pay and bennies. I've never yet worked a job that was all gravy. If it wasn't for Amazon, they might not be working at all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Our rural mail lady who usually finishes her 55 mile route by 3 PM & has to make four trips to her PO just to refill her Jeep cherokee with Amazon packages. At least twice a week, the Amazon delivery van is late, & she has to redeliver before her day ends.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Yet they are working. If they don't like it, I'm sure Fedex can find someone else to take the pay and bennies. I've never yet worked a job that was all gravy. If it wasn't for Amazon, they might not be working at all.

FedEx and XPO are offering Furloughs over the holidays to drivers/warehouse people to "right size" the labor pool. That is - busiest time of the year and they're letting people take time off.

XPO Furlough

FedEx Furlough

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That was once the case here, and our carrier said she had to make a delivery plan herself as Amazon pretty much just dumped the stuff on her without one. That seems to be over now; Amazon is local and does pretty much all their own deliveries now. I’ve asked several drivers how they like their jobs and all have been very positive.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Given LTL's exposure to manufacturing - today's job prints should have any LTL driver hoping they retain their position. Amazon packages might be the thing keeping them busy enough to be employed.

Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,108 guests, and 1,456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.