24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not sure how I feel about this story.

Grabbing a dog just because it follows you to your truck? You don’t know if it’s lost or abandoned. The owner can’t find it while you’re caring for it.

I saw it many times where someone found a dog and instead of taking it to the pound or local SPCA. The pound/SPCA are where owners look for their missing dog. These dog finders hold dogs for weeks and seldom find the owner. Turn it in.

Now I know that not every location has functional pounds/SPCA.

Montana must have a higher grade o rez dogs because in Alberta I’ve yet to see a rez dog worth the effort. They’re mostly wild and rarely habituate to close contact with humans. Walking after dark on the Blackfoot reserve is taking a serious risk on your life and limb as the dogs run free and pack up.

Just my perspective after 10 years in animal control.

There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in the US and Canada. We don’t need to rescue dogs from reserves, Mexico, Russia, the greyhound industry or any other place weak minded people feel sorry for the dogs.

Honestly, the best thing we should do is round up these unwanted dogs and euthanize them. Too often I investigated attacks perpetrated by these rescued dogs. Not only were the victims scarred and injured, sometimes permanently, but I felt sorry for some of the adoptive owners who really tried to tame the dogs.

Let’s face it, I’m jaded, but my comments and observations have a lot of validity .

BP-B2

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AB2506

Grabbing a dog just because it follows you to your truck? You don’t know if it’s lost or abandoned. The owner can’t find it while you’re caring for it.

I saw it many times where someone found a dog and instead of taking it to the pound or local SPCA. The pound/SPCA are where owners look for their missing dog. These dog finders hold dogs for weeks and seldom find the owner. Turn it in.

Montana must have a higher grade o rez dogs because in Alberta I’ve yet to see a rez dog worth the effort. They’re mostly wild and rarely habituate to close contact with humans. Walking after dark on the Blackfoot reserve is taking a serious risk on your life and limb as the dogs run free and pack up.

There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in the US and Canada. We don’t need to rescue dogs from reserves, Mexico, Russia, the greyhound industry or any other place weak minded people feel sorry for the dogs.

Honestly, the best thing we should do is round up these unwanted dogs and euthanize them. Too often I investigated attacks perpetrated by these rescued dogs. Not only were the victims scarred and injured, sometimes permanently, but I felt sorry for some of the adoptive owners who really tried to tame the dogs.

Let’s face it, I’m jaded, but my comments and observations have a lot of validity .

Well, you got 1 thing right, you are jaded.

For you to put every rez dog in the same boat shows me you have zero business being involved in animal control any more.

When you can throw a 2 month old pup in the same category as a mature feral dog tells me and everyone here that you haven't a clue.

If you are telling the truth, and have spent any time on a reservation, you know there is a serious issue. And if you take a puppy out of that situation, then guess what? That puppy has a chance to live a good life and be a good dog.

Montana MOFO
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

So all of us who have rescued these dogs and given them a home are "weak minded people"..

The fact of the matter is that the pup we rescued is an older dog now, and pretty grey in the muzzle. He sleeps with one of our family members every night and has ever since he was brought home. He has been the best dog I have ever had, and I have had dogs since the 70s. We call him Henry the Happy Hound, because he is the happiest, nicest dog you could ever wish for and he adores his adopted family. He has literally never spent a single night alone either.

But since you were an animal control officer, you know best, and such dogs should be killed..

Definitely can't save a dog from being killed and give it a home. In return have an animal that will watch over and protect its adopted family.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GMAFB.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The giant white puppy that was the size of a beer can when she got tossed out of a moving vehicle.

My sister in law and the rescuers thought it was a chihuahua puppy when they talked us into taking it..... Uh huh..............

We got bamboozled....lol

The dusty gold dog on the right showed up in our farm neighbors field.

She's a gem, really nice dog.

I know how that goes...

We did a pound rescue.

The pup was supposed to be a "small to medium sized dog".

He started small:

He grew a good bit in a year or so.

Now look at him:

Small to medium my azz...

Might be all the frozen elk bones I feed him. smile

Good grief. Your baby got a guard dog for sure. Looks like he has come Lab, Spaniel, Pointer and Walker all mixed up. Bound to have a nose.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

So all of us who have rescued these dogs and given them a home are "weak minded people"..

The fact of the matter is that the pup we rescued is an older dog now, and pretty grey in the muzzle. He sleeps with one of our family members every night and has ever since he was brought home. He has been the best dog I have ever had, and I have had dogs since the 70s. We call him Henry the Happy Hound, because he is the happiest, nicest dog you could ever wish for and he adores his adopted family. He has literally never spent a single night alone either.

But since you were an animal control officer, you know best, and such dogs should be killed..

Definitely can't save a dog from being killed and give it a home. In return have an animal that will watch over and protect its adopted family.

GMAFB.

That picture winsthe internet tonight Mackay

Montana MOFO
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I get it. I’m a sucker for a stray. Got one in the back yard right now. She is an outstanding dog!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I just showed my wife that picture and we both chuckled. Our German Shorthair has very similar color and markings but what we were laughing at was how he’s laying on your little girl. Out dog “Kodiak” has to be touching or laying on or leaning against someone. When I’m in the kitchen cooking he’ll always rest his head on our labs back standing perpendicular to her. He has to have contact with another heartbeat. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That literally is one of most stupidest posts I've read here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am no expert on Rez Dogs, but I know of several that were adopted as puppies at Pet Smart in Billings. One started biting the neighborhood kids and had to be put to sleep. Part Pit Bull from what I hear. My youngest son and his wife adopted a real nice little Rez dog puppy at Pet Smart and it was a real pretty brown female German Shepherd looking pup that had a black muzzle --also kind of a Pit Bull face ! That dog was real nice and friendly until it wasn't . If it got reprimanded it's hair would raise up and it would look like it was ready to bite you. I love all kinds of dogs and as far as I am concerned, all dogs are good dogs. After that dog was almost a year old, it got sick and died. Just wasted away. The vets could find nothing wrong with it!
Also, I don't know if any of you guys have seen the news about the pack of wild dogs in Lodge Grass that attacked an old guy pushing his bike and killed him. The people in Lodge Grass,(Crow Reservation) said that there are usually several packs of wild dogs running around the Rez.

Every year the local Veterinarians go to the two reservation nearby and spay the females they can catch. I wouldn't hesitate to bring one home like Tarkio did, but would always keep an eye on the dogs actions when it gets older.
If I was going to pay the fees for a puppy adoption, I would try to stay away from pup from the Crow and Cheyenne reservations.
I know of some people that are real fond od there Rez dogs. I think they are just lucky!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] this rez dog wouldn't hurt a flea.

Last edited by crittrgittr; 11/29/22.
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My son has a "lab-mix" pup that morphed into an 80 lb pit pull. BWell, Blaze is black with a white chest blaze, anyway.

His newest dog was a "Dachshund mix" (well, reddish brown anyway), that morphed into a black mouth cur mix? About 45 lbs worth.

He's not much good at judging for himself a dog's possible ancestry... smile

Last edited by las; 11/29/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

I guess you haven’t read your own posts?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I guess you haven’t read your own posts?

Your from Canada, no explanation needed dumfuqk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bless all of you who provide a good life to these once unfortunate pups - may they enrich you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
After some sober reflection this morning I still think you should have shot it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does he look like this? Ours came from a rez in New Mexico.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That dog makes me laugh!, LMAO!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the best dogs I’ve known was an AZ rez find.

I’m sure it was a fluke. Most rez mutts are like everything else on a rez. Retarded.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
On all of you guys giving a pup a good life!!

Lotta schitbyrd humans on this rock for sure.
99% of em need to be gone.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I was driving through the Rosebud rez last week, Mission SD maybe? As I motored on, I glanced over to my left. There I saw a dog laying by some garage cans dead? Or sleeping? I don’t know. It was a weird place to be resting/sleeping. I’m pretty sure it was dead and they were throw it out with the trash. Sick Fuqks.

Yesterday I was driving through the MHA and saw a peculiar sight. I thought it was a buzzard walking on the shoulder of the highway with its wings spread. Nope. It was a Rez dog carrying a piece of frozen hide that was 3-4 feet long. Either that or someone is missing a leg.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Montana MOFO
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.