Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
If I had aunt Alvah for a waitress , I’d tip 10% for average and 20-25% for excellent.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paint your canoe black

It will never tip

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chris_c
If I use the card, still tip in cash
This ^^ My wife insists on tipping at 15%.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
After spending 35yrs in the restaurant business I most certainly tip those that deserve it. What irritates me now is how the cashier asks for a tip as soon as I order and pay, before any food has been prepared or service given. I still add a tip if I’m going to eat it in the restaurant. If I call in a Togo order and walk in to pick up the food I may or maybe not leave a tip. It depends on the situation.
I can tell you from many years of experience, some employees earn every $$ they get and others not so much. It always frustrated me seeing the ones that gave a “poor pitiful me” story to hopefully get a larger tip from the customer, when others were too busy working to give any pity stories.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have noticed lately if you pay cash at the table they bring back all but the change.
If it is 40c or 80c it is still mine, if this happens I figure this is what they think they worthy as a tip.
I tip well as a rule but this bothers me.
charlee

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Anyone else leave your dining companion at the table as collateral when you are at the register and breaking a larger bill for a tip?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I tip cash.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you choose to tip on a card, not only are you funding the Gov, the credit card company take their 3% or whatever it is.
I usually pay with my debit card and always tip in cash. In addition, I believe a tip should "fold", not "jingle".

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
In the past I would pay for the meal with my card, zero out the tip section, then leave cash on the table for the server. That was until a few years ago at a Chili's when I paid with my card and left the tip on the table as usual, then when I checked my credit card statement about a week later I saw that my charge was $12 more than the $25 I had signed off on. Since it was a week later and I hadn't kept the receipt I didn't go back and complain, but someone added $12 to my charge after I'd filled out the card receipt. My guess is that what happened was that the busboy had cleaned off the table and pocketed the cash tip before the server got a chance to collect it, then the server thought she'd been stiffed and decided to tack $12 on to the $25 bill. Regardless of what happened, I no longer leave cash on the table for the server. I tip on the card receipt and let them sort it out. Someone working there was a thief, I don't know or care who it was. I was trying to do a good deed for the servers but it bit me so now I just tip on the card.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tip? I always give her the whole thing.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
If you choose to tip on a card, not only are you funding the Gov, the credit card company take their 3% or whatever it is.
I usually pay with my debit card and always tip in cash. In addition, I believe a tip should "fold", not "jingle".
^^^

Definitely a waitress. Probably at a gentleman’s club.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Would she notice any difference?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by tzone

Would she notice any difference?
No, his Mom won’t leave either unless you call a Lyft. Uber isn’t fancy enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sonic is hitting me up for tips now in their app and when I pay on their drive in screen

whatever, I'll throw the gal a couple of bucks for my route 44 and 2 for $5 grilled cheeseburgers

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Paint your canoe black

It will never tip

Gonna have to try that!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Paint your canoe black

It will never tip

I read about a black that tipped once. She was young, all alone, and no one could see her do it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
Sonic is hitting me up for tips now in their app and when I pay on their drive in screen

whatever, I'll throw the gal a couple of bucks for my route 44 and 2 for $5 grilled cheeseburgers
^^^
Not MAGA

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by rong
We use cash when we go out to eat,and also tip in cash.
This is what I do. I hand the tip to them and tell them this is for getting off your ass and going to work unlike a lot of people.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nestucca
This is what I do. I hand the tip to them and tell them this is for getting off your ass and going to work unlike a lot of people.

No you don’t… Nugget

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Nestucca

No you don’t… Nugget
Yeah she’s a lying bitch, lmao

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.