Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One helluva wreck where the man on the motorcycle nearly bought the farm even though he was not the cause of the accident.

https://abc7.com/

Wrong place at the wrong time.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Schidt happens fast eh?

Glad to hear the a-hole driving the stolen vehicle is the one that died.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higginez
Schidt happens fast eh?

Glad to hear the a-hole driving the stolen vehicle is the one that died.
Hope it hurt too.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Damn. Well, at least there's a silver lining to the story.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Biker is damned lucky the ladder didn't take his head plumb off!
WOW!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that could be a new thread on here every day

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
With the rising numbers of drivers on the roads, driving while texting, increasing numbers of DWI, and any number of other factors, I'd say every individual driving a motorcycle is lucky to reach his destination without getting killed. My best friend was killed while driving his motorcycle. He was just driving down the interstate, beautiful day, when an 18 wheeler decided to change lanes. He never had a chance.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
2 years ago a driver ran a red light and hit me from behind when I was on my bike
After I got out of the hospital sold my other bike. I am done. You can drive as smart and defensive as possible and still can't protect yourself.
Watching the news around where we live this past summer revealed at least 2-3 bikers died each week during the summer months. 90% of the time the bikers were not at fault.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to be suicide, or the guy Anne Heche'd it and was drunk / drugged out of his mind. I know exactly where that intersection is at. Drove it daily for years. Coming down Kanan Dume road (where the suicide driver was coming from) it is quite clear in the daytime it is a dead end intersection. Failed brakes are the usual cause there, along with driving drunk at night. Daytime though? Guy had a death wish. Glad he didn't take anyone else with him.

View from intersection of road driver was coming down.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

View toward intersection.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
just more proof that you never know when your time is up. sometimes it would seem it is up then it's not.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had at least one motorcycle since I was 12 years old....after the second close call I ended up on the side walk....sold my bikes it just to hard to compete with over 4000 lbs of steel unprotected on a bike....

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Heck, I know someone that died when he hit a deer on his bike, wife was following behind him and saw the whole thing happen.

Last edited by killerv; 11/30/22.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think it was 1979 when I got my first (and only) street bike, a Suzuki 425. One by one, friends and acquaintances of mine were getting hospitalized from bad injuries sustained on the road on their bikes, three in total in just a few months. I decided to sell it after having had it for about a year. Great fun, but not worth the risk. I always renew my motorcycle license, though, so still have it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I'd hate to see the medical bills. Pretty hard to anticipate something like that. Not going to sell my bikes though. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DaveR
Had to be suicide, or the guy Anne Heche'd it and was drunk / drugged out of his mind. I know exactly where that intersection is at. Drove it daily for years. Coming down Kanan Dume road (where the suicide driver was coming from) it is quite clear in the daytime it is a dead end intersection. Failed brakes are the usual cause there, along with driving drunk at night. Daytime though? Guy had a death wish. Glad he didn't take anyone else with him.

View from intersection of road driver was coming down.

View toward intersection.

This was the first thing that I thought and I've never even been there. Suicide. It isn't like the road continues, it looks like a vertical wall of dirt and he was hauling ass.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Woof... Lucky indeed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pieces of schit car thieves here couldn't care less if they kill 5 innocents stealing an '87 Altima.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I road street bikes most of my life, but nowadays it's just an XR-250R. After a million close calls dodging idiots, gravel driveways and critters I hit a dog that darted in front of me in a curve. Busted me up and put my girlfriend(now wife)in ICU. No mas.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
About 10 years ago, had a motorcycle fatality in Florence KY on I-75 on the Friday afternoon of a 4th of July holiday weekend. Motorcyclist in the far left (4th) lane. An idiot going extra legal speed on an onramp mis-judges, clips a car, that clipped an 18 wheeler, that clipped another car, and the motor cyclist became a grease spot.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think it was 1979 when I got my first (and only) street bike, a Suzuki 425. One by one, friends and acquaintances of mine were getting hospitalized from bad injuries sustained on the road on their bikes, three in total in just a few months. I decided to sell it after having had it for about a year. Great fun, but not worth the risk. I always renew my motorcycle license, though, so still have it.

Amazing how your experience mirrors my own:
Bought my first (and only) street bike in 1980 - a Suzuki GN400.
That summer a co-worker and a friend from church were both killed on their bikes. Sold mine the next year, but have kept my license current for "some day".
Well, I'm 65 now and I don't think that's going to happen. It was fun to dream, tho. LOL!

Last edited by JeffyD; 11/30/22.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,896 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.