You too!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good luck boys!

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
After yesterday, it’s good to see the wind lay down. A brisk 24* and 5mph NNW wind

My stand faces the west with no wind block.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Stay warm and good luck

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck to ya Skeen, and all the other Kansas hunters! Just don’t hurt yourself trying to get the proof of kill selfie! LOL. Use a backpack and your timer on your phone camera! It’s what I did for “Wide Willie” pics last year. 😎

Doc_Holidudey

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Good luck to ya Skeen, and all the other Kansas hunters! Just don’t hurt yourself trying to get the proof of kill selfie! LOL. Use a backpack and your timer on your phone camera! It’s what I did for “Wide Willie” pics last year. 😎

Doc_Holidudey

Doc, I wish I was out there.

I filled my buck tag back in the second week of September. I'm just playing cheerleader for my boys. More often than not, one or both of them, will pull a pretty nice buck out of the Flint Hills. smile

I'm gonna have to google how to use an iPhone camera timer. blush laugh

Last edited by skeen; 11/30/22. Reason: I'm gonna have to google how to use an iPhone camera timer. :blush: :D
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I hung up my spurs on deer last year - so go get’ ‘em..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen

Doc_Holidudey

I filled my buck tag back in the second week of September. I'm just playing cheerleader for my boys. More often than not, one or both of them, will pull a pretty nice buck out of the Flint Hills. smile

Do you all have to buy tags for a certain unit or is that just for us non residents?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Doc_Holidudey

Do you all have to buy tags for a certain unit or is that just for us non residents?
General tag statewide good for all units and all seasons. But you can only kill 1 buck, regardless of season or method, and up to 5 does.

You do have to apply for a mule deer stamp now, which kinda' sucks.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got ya…thought maybe you had nuther tag. Hit the camera app, touch the clock icon, pick 10s, and hit yer photo button…10 seconds later, selfie trophy perfection. (Other than I wasn’t smart enough to clean Wide Willie’s nose/mouth area out a bit first!). LOL, really me, really my archery buck last year!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Doc_Holidudey

General tag statewide good for all units and all seasons. But you can only kill 1 buck, regardless of season or method, and up to 5 does.

You do have to apply for a mule deer stamp now, which kinda' sucks.
Man I thought Missouri cutting us back to 2 bucks was rough.

They did start limiting number of firearms antleress permits per county. We are at 2 antlerless permits per county for the 2 counties I hunt.

Antlerless archery still unlimited on number of deer we can kill.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/30/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a couple does at about 40 yards this morning, a decent 8pt came storming through and pushed them out. He managed to keep trees between us and moving at a good clip so I never got a shot. 11 year old Grandson was sitting in a two man ladder stand with his dad on our other property, got a chance at a buck but twisted all the way to his right couldn't get steady enough and missed. Going to be a warm week, two days forecast in the 60s. Not sure how much movement we'll see.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Working today, but will hunt this weekend at my wife's farm in Mitchell County.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Had a couple does at about 40 yards this morning, a decent 8pt came storming through and pushed them out. He managed to keep trees between us and moving at a good clip so I never got a shot. 11 year old Grandson was sitting in a two man ladder stand with his dad on our other property, got a chance at a buck but twisted all the way to his right couldn't get steady enough and missed. Going to be a warm week, two days forecast in the 60s. Not sure how much movement we'll see.
70 on Friday then 40 on Saturday. Should help this weekend hunter.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Saw a couple does and a forked horn on my neighbor's this morning.

All were shootable, but I'm waiting as my freezers full. Heading back out tonight and tomorrow. I know there's a couple decent bucks in the spot I'm hunting, so there's no hurry. Friend TXT'd me pics of a nine 11Pt he got this morning out by Holton.

In area 10 we're down to 1 buck and 1 doe. On the Fort, they're still allowed 1 buck and 5 does.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One of my kids pulled a couple trail cam pics from where he's hunting today. He's got at least 6 different bucks on there in the last week.

He's particular about what he pulls the trigger on though, unlike his ol' man. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wow hope your son gets that big boy!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One of my kids pulled a couple trail cam pics from where he's hunting today. He's got at least 6 different bucks on there in the last week.

He's particular about what he pulls the trigger on though, unlike his ol' man. grin

👍🏿

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Nobody killing?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.