24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Imagine having to make up hunting stories to get your ego stroked.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by selmer
This reminds me of a story from back in high school, pre-internet days, when a kid a few years ahead of me got caught pulling something like this. His daddy was the richest guy in a VERY small South Dakota town and started W.W. Tire, which has expanded out to several stores in the state. Wayne Weelborg's son, Dane, sent in pictures to the local paper in Bryant, SD of a monster whitetail, supposedly shot with a bow. But no one ever saw the head or carcass until it came back from the taxidermist. The paper ran the story and we showed it to a friend of ours back in Miller, SD who did some taxidermy for us and got me started with archery. About a week after we sent the paper to him, John shows up on our doorstep, out of the blue (81 miles from his house to ours). He has in his hand the Bryant paper and an old Bowhunter magazine. He says to my dad, who was the local Lutheran pastor and Weelborg's were parishioners, "Fred, we need to talk." John proceeds to show dad that the buck in Dane's photo is the exact same buck as the one on the cover of Bowhunter and then shows dad where a replica can be purchased from his taxidermy magazines. Very long story short, Dane bought the replica, shot a dink, sawed the skull plate off the dink, took photos for the paper, then the taxidermist mounted it for him. My dad took the evidence to Wayne and showed it to him while literally in the shadow of the mount. His parents were absolutely flummoxed and they forced Dane to write a public apology for the local paper for claiming to have shot a monster whitetail. Dane's parents are great people. Dane was a bit of a sketchy fellow in his younger years. I haven't seen him in over 20 years, so I hope he's turned out better after that little public tar and feather job. Even before the internet you couldn't get away with this crap. And you sure can't now.

Dane, must’ve changed his name to RoundOak.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No. To Wayne Weelborg...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This reminds me of a story from back in high school, pre-internet days, when a kid a few years ahead of me got caught pulling something like this. His daddy was the richest guy in a VERY small South Dakota town and started W.W. Tire, which has expanded out to several stores in the state. Wayne Weelborg's son, Dane, sent in pictures to the local paper in Bryant, SD of a monster whitetail, supposedly shot with a bow. But no one ever saw the head or carcass until it came back from the taxidermist. The paper ran the story and we showed it to a friend of ours back in Miller, SD who did some taxidermy for us and got me started with archery. About a week after we sent the paper to him, John shows up on our doorstep, out of the blue (81 miles from his house to ours). He has in his hand the Bryant paper and an old Bowhunter magazine. He says to my dad, who was the local Lutheran pastor and Weelborg's were parishioners, "Fred, we need to talk." John proceeds to show dad that the buck in Dane's photo is the exact same buck as the one on the cover of Bowhunter and then shows dad where a replica can be purchased from his taxidermy magazines. Very long story short, Dane bought the replica, shot a dink, sawed the skull plate off the dink, took photos for the paper, then the taxidermist mounted it for him. My dad took the evidence to Wayne and showed it to him while literally in the shadow of the mount. His parents were absolutely flummoxed and they forced Dane to write a public apology for the local paper for claiming to have shot a monster whitetail. Dane's parents are great people. Dane was a bit of a sketchy fellow in his younger years. I haven't seen him in over 20 years, so I hope he's turned out better after that little public tar and feather job. Even before the internet you couldn't get away with this crap. And you sure can't now.

The taxidermist who mounted the replica antlers didn’t realize they were not real?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman

The taxidermist who mounted the replica antlers didn’t realize they were not real?

Teddy Bear, that’s a cold case, that’s been solved.

Can you please focus on our current crime scene?

Thanks,

-Mother

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roundoak, where did your mother and I go wrong? I mean other than that awkward rutabega episode.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Thanks,

-Mother

🦫

Hold on ya big stud…I owe you a pic of MOM huh?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Me and a buddy were fishing about 15-20 years ago when cell phone cameras kind of first started..... we drank all day and didn't catch chit.... I had to leave and he was gonna fish for another hour or so..... when I get home he texts me a pic of what looked like about an 8lb bass..... I didn't catch it for awhile but when you zoomed in you could see his thumb 🤣🤣🤣 he took a picture of a fish in a magazine lmao.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
'cept he did.... For over 10,000 posts
And he was pretty good at it for a long time.

IC B3

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also looked forward to his hunting stories, sucks it was all BS.

Great work exposing the lies.

Glass half full, fiction has entertainment value also.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He may be hunting with gophergunner. They have similar interests in telling stories…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Thanks,

-Mother

🦫

That’s some dumb [bleep] right there

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I hunted with a dentist from Atlanta that bought a 11-point buck at the deer processor and claimed it as his own. I was looking through the big buck photos at the deer cooler and there was someone else with Clyde's buck. Once he was caught he fessed up and said he was only screwing with us. He's a great guy, excellent cook, just not much of a deer hunter.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
'cept he did.... For over 10,000 posts
And he was pretty good at it for a long time.

I know I looked forward to seeing his posts lol

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So, the glaring question for me is, who here has every met Roundoak in person?

Has anyone ever bought or sold anything with Roundoak?

Is there zero trail to a real person?

I tried to have lunch with him a few times when I drove through the area but he could never make it.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The taxidermist who did the mount was the only other guy in on it and ordered the replica. He took the photos for him as well. Our friend who exposed it is a different taxidermist

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Thanks,

-Mother

🦫

That’s some dumb [bleep] right there

Don’t be jealous that da Beav’ gets his pecker wet, let alone by MOM.

Nobody likes a jealous person.

Nobody.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I hunted with a dentist from Atlanta that bought a 11-point buck at the deer processor and claimed it as his own. I was looking through the big buck photos at the deer cooler and there was someone else with Clyde's buck. Once he was caught he fessed up and said he was only screwing with us. He's a great guy, excellent cook, just not much of a deer hunter.

I'm not much of a deer hunter either. But I damn sure wouldn't claim someone else's as mine. I'm damn happy with what get because I did it on my terms.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I agree.

Well this all really sucks, he seemed like a good guy who was blessed with some incredible land.

THE true test of character, and right now he’s incredibly flawed, would be to at least come back and apologize / own up to the lies. But my hunch is he drifts off never to be heard from again. Sad on many levels.

Last edited by cfran; 11/30/22.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.