Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Originally Posted by RUM7
The dirty south seems to be getting inundated by left coasters. Me? I can't take the humidity. Plus, not enough charging statio s for my prius.

Not really. Some of those laws are just dragged from the Dems rules, back when Jim Crow ruled the South. In Florida - the new Reddest State in the "World" - eating Pu$$y is illegal.
Well, guess that takes Florida off the list for me......

Do so and stay in "Jefferson".

Are diaper wearing adult roll players illegal where you are?

You should be careful.

We have a diaper-wearing role player occupying the Oral office and getting flown around the world on Air Farce One.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Heym06
They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!

For a guy who knows so little, you have a lot to say. We love that around here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Baptists being anti alcohol and dry counties didn’t really exist until towards the end of the 19th century and the Temperance Movement which, of course, culminated in Prohibition.

On the frontier it was fairly common for Baptist preachers to be paid with corn liquor like everyone else was.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!

You have no idea, what I might know. Didn't mean to strike a nerve🤔, but then it is entertaining. In reality I could give a rats ass, how you obtain your spirits. And who's wife or daughter the preacher, saved..

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It was explained to me years ago . . .

Bootleggers keep the anti alcohol church groups stirred up against the evil of liquor.
It is GOOD for their business of boot legging.
Bootlegger in this case selling illegal commercial or up the hollow made brew.

Some counties looked into potential retail establishment kept out by the "Dry" designation and change the local "law".

Potential taxes from restaurants and "liquor" stores spoke loud and clear!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

You have no idea, what I might know.
Only what you've decided to share with all of us.

Didn't mean to strike a nerve🤔, but then it is entertaining.

Sure you did. You just missed.

In reality I could give a rats ass, how you obtain your spirits. And who's wife or daughter the preacher, saved..
Again.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Another fun topic for making friends quickly:

Your new, better job doesn't do things like they did at your old, crappy job.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The ironic thing is my buddy was telling me medical weed is legal in Arkansas and all you have to do is go fill out some BS online form about ptsd to get your card. He applied for a license to run a dispensary with a couple of other investors. The state charged a six figure sum to apply and they didn't get approved.

But you gotta run to the county line to get you a six pack of bud heavy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Remember- - - -those ignorant rednecks down at Hot Springs Arkansas are selling WATER to a bunch of smart damyankees! Who's actually the dummy?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has he left Arkansas yet?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Baptists being anti alcohol and dry counties didn’t really exist until towards the end of the 19th century and the Temperance Movement which, of course, culminated in Prohibition.

On the frontier it was fairly common for Baptist preachers to be paid with corn liquor like everyone else was.
and a Kentucky Baptist preacher invented Bourbon Whiskey

NRA Life Member
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
My wife & I stayed in a VRBO in Brownsville Ky. for two nights so that we could visit nearby Mammoth Cave N.P. and we had no idea that the whole county was dry. We had to travel to the neighboring county for a glass of wine & a beer to have with our dinner. Where we live we have some dry townships but not the whole county.....really weird there.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There are some pretty sound historical reasons the Temperance movement and eventually Prohibition became things. It wasn’t just puritanical morality.

Alcohol consumption by the average American was staggering. A lot of these people walked around half drunk or worse all the time. It played a huge part in violence on the frontier. Most of those famous feuds and scores of the less famous ones would not have happened if it wasn’t for drunk young men in their 20s raising hell. In the cities, the immigrant crowd of the Irish and Germans often went straight to the pubs and saloons after they finished their shift on Saturday and spent their entire earnings and stayed in a drunken stupor until Monday morning.

So, sure Prohibition was stupid, but like most things it didn’t come from a vacuum.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/30/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well PTL everyone can just lay around stoned out of their minds these days. No need to worry about them actually going out and doing anything.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
The ironic thing is my buddy was telling me medical weed is legal in Arkansas and all you have to do is go fill out some BS online form about ptsd to get your card. He applied for a license to run a dispensary with a couple of other investors. The state charged a six figure sum to apply and they didn't get approved.

Arkansas very recently voted down recreational weed..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Living in WI the idea of a "dry" county is scary.

In the 90's - IIRC, we had 1 liquor license for every 100 man/woman/child in town. 100k people in town.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rufous
I knew there were dry counties before moving here. Even so I am not real pleased about it. I am quite conservative which is one of the reasons I left Oregon. Dry counties don't make much sense as others have posted. I work in a wet county so yes, I can buy booze there before heading home but when I go out to dinner on occasion I do generally like to have some sort of alcoholic drink with the meal. Sure glad none of you all ever complain about anything. Good grief, some of you guys are pretty whacked to jump my case about an issue that I am dealing with. We haven't bought a home yet but will likely make an offer on one in the neighboring dry county. We have looked at over 30 homes and so far this is the best by far. Just bummed that it is in a dry county. Worse things in life for sure. Oh well.
prayers sent for your severe hardships

stay strong!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Arkansas very recently voted down recreational weed..

They didn't want the price to drop.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It is fairly simple to buy alcohol in a wet county. We have been doing it here for years. Even though we are wet now I buy it in places that are cheaper like across the state line in Missouri.when there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 673
Has he left Arkansas yet?

The sheriff in the adjoining County is in jail, he just got caught by the State police with guns and drugs in his vehicle. Welcome to Arkansas.

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ark. —

The Johnson County Sheriff faces gun and drug charges following an arrest in Crawford County.

Arkansas State Police spokesperson Bill Sadler confirmed ASP troopers arrested Sheriff Jimmy Stephens. According to Sadler, troopers found Stephens to be in possession of guns and drugs during a traffic stop. Stephens now faces charges for simultaneous possession of the items.

Advertisement

Sadler said Stephens is being held in the Crawford County Detention Center.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,806
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.