Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
from NewsMax: New Study Has Some Bad News for Wind Energy Advocates November 30, 2022 2:00 PM

A new peer reviewed study from German scientists found that offshore wind farms — the sort of supposedly "green" alternative to existing energy sources with which President Biden and Democrats want to fill America's coastal waters — are not as safe for marine ecosystems as their proponents may argue.... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spenc...ubstantial-impact-on-ecosystems-n2616532

I long thought that interfering with surface level air flows has an impact on weather patterns. But but but, there's money to be made from construction of these windmills and the warm fuzzy that the green energy advocates "feel".

Study cited above in link will be discredited in short order. Or buried.

GOA
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Yes lots of money thankfully!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Facts don't matter to religious zealots.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
From the same people who will shoot 400 prairie dogs a day......you want to cry about the fishies?

A windmill gayed you all up and made you greenies.

Sheesh!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Offshore wind farms are a remarkably stupid idea. Did all those folks forget how cantankerous hurricanes are?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I hate those damned ugly wind mills.

If the green people were really sincere about carbon dioxide reduction, they'd back the one form of energy that is so far the absolutely safest and does not junk up mile after mile of scenery--nuclear reactors.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I read that the two major operators, Siemens and ?, are losing interest now that the government start up incentives are disappearing. Of course they phrase it a lot differently. The green renewable push was just a Hegelian Dialectic head fake anyway. Nuclear everything is what they really want. With the green failure, sadly, we will, reluctantly, have to reconsider nuclear. It's our only hope...alas.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I hate those damned ugly wind mills.

If the green people were really sincere about carbon dioxide reduction, they'd back the one form of energy that is so far the absolutely safest and does not junk up mile after mile of scenery--nuclear reactors.

Funny you say that. On the east side of Milwaukee, good old Lake Michigan keeps the wind blowing quite a bit. My little sis said there was a proposal for windmills , right in the middle of the liberal neighborhoods . It was shot down faster than you can slap a tick. They said it was unsightly. However, they are all for it 50 mi NW of them, where the conservatives live. As for me, I dont care either way, but so many times I drive by them with discust. There are 1 billion dollars worth of windmills inside of 40 miles of me, and many times none of them are turning. If I were a private investor and spent 1 billion dollars, I would want to see proffits 24/7 till the day I die.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
They’re exploding all over Northern Arizona. Some big ranches are leasing the land to these wind farms. Scenes like this are popping up all over good antelope country. This one is in 4B.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When we lived in Kansas we traveled Hwy. 50 to Colorado miles of those ugly wind farms a eyesore a waste of land.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Question is if there's a correlation between when the SW USA drought began <think Lake Mead water levels declining> and the windfarms beginning instillation.

I'm curious about disturbing earth surface air flow patterns and weather changes. Nuts? Could be.

GOA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Those who "don't mind" maybe having wind turbines near their homes, can have them.

NOISY SOB's!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I was driving home from Amarillo last night and was passing through Vernon, TX where there's a large windfarm. I'd be absolutely pissed if I built a nice place out in the country and then had to contend with those blinking red lights all night. I found it so irritating that I'm not sure a person could spend a peaceful evening on their back porch with those blooming things blinking. Extremely distracting.

I'm all for a balanced energy policy and wind power has its place. But nobody should believe wind turbines don't have their own downfalls.

Last edited by gsganzer; 11/30/22.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Depleted Uranium is much better fer the environment.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

False dichotomy much? When was the last time you saw a bunch of depleted uranium rods spinning around on the ridgline. Riddle me this while you are at it. How many megawatts per acre for a nuke vs a windmill?

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Hahaha!

False dichotomy much? When was the last time you saw a bunch of depleted uranium rods spinning around on the ridgline. Riddle me this while you are at it. How many megawatts per acre for a nuke vs a windmill?

Oh heavens! What about the sparrows and bats?????

Send your money to GreenPeace and get it over with.

What the fugg are you dummies gonna do when Fox says to be mad about Natural Gas and Nuclear?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the same people who will shoot 400 prairie dogs a day......you want to cry about the fishies?

A windmill gayed you all up and made you greenies.

Sheesh!

Can always count on Jim for an interesting point of view... and usually correct

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well...we sure beat the Californians to death over their "NIMBY" attitudes didn't we?

Wonder how many open pit coal mines allow hunting?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Hahaha!

Oh heavens! What about the sparrows and bats?????

Send your money to GreenPeace and get it over with.

What the fugg are you dummies gonna do when Fox says to be mad about Natural Gas and Nuclear?

What’s your plan genius? Freeze to death in the dark doesn’t seem too tenable, even if your from Missoula.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha! False dichotomy much??

Yeah...unless we invade a Muslim country for "democracy" we are gonna all freeze to death. Oh, and Slava Uketard

Fugg....

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.