Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Business as usual................Screw Joe American Taxpayer, yet again............DRY.

Anybody still have hopes of reigning in Team Biden, even a little? So much for the R's having control, at least at some level, over spending.

Anything that Schumer is for, all the R's, including McConnell, should automatically be against.

MM

R's Help Pass an Omnibus Spending Bill for all of 2023

Republicans’ Christmas Gift To Voters Is Helping Democrats Pass A Major Omnibus Spending Bill

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD

NOVEMBER 30, 2022
3 MIN READ

Congressional Republican leaders are working in lockstep with their Democrat counterparts to pass a massive taxpayer-funded spending bill before the end of the year. The move comes immediately after a dozen Senate Republicans helped their Democrat colleagues advance a bill permitting radical leftists to wage legal war against religious Americans who value the true meaning of marriage.

After meeting with President Joe Biden at the White House on Tuesday, House and Senate leaders announced they had reached an agreement on the need for Congress to pass an omnibus spending package before the government’s current funding runs out on Dec. 16. Unlike a continuing resolution (CR), which would fund the federal government for a few months, an omnibus bill would provide funding for the entire 2023 fiscal year.

“The best option by far is for both parties to come to the table and work on a yearlong funding bill, not a continuing resolution,” said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., agreed, adding that “there’s widespread agreement that we’d be better off with an omnibus than a CR.”

Similarly to McConnell, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who is likely to become speaker when Republicans assume control of the House in January, also expressed a preference for an omnibus package,
but noted that he has “no problem” advancing a CR and “coming back in January” to hash out a long-term bill that includes funding for Republican priorities.

Despite their consensus on the desire for a larger funding package, however, one of the remaining areas of contention among congressional leaders is the bill’s price tag and allocation of funds. While House Democrats are seeking to increase discretionary spending to $1.6 trillion, Senate Republican leaders are focused on raising defense spending and “providing more aid to Ukraine.”

If Congress passes the bill before the end of the year, any and all leverage an incoming Republican House majority would have in securing critical spending priorities would be shelved until the end of 2023.

“I think it makes absolutely no sense for a lame-duck Congress to pass Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer’s appropriations bills,” said Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz. “[I]f a handful of Senate Republicans decide their outgoing act is to rubber-stamp Nancy Pelosi’s spending priorities, that would be a gross abdication of responsibility and also an affront to the voters who just voted to give Republicans a majority in the House.”

In addition to Cruz, Republican Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Rick Scott of Florida have also publicly raised concerns over a potential omnibus.

The decision by Republican leadership to throw in with their Democrat colleagues’ spending shenanigans is the second slap in the face to conservative voters this week after 12 GOP senators crossed party lines on Tuesday to help Senate Democrats pass the wrongly named “Respect for Marriage Act,” which seeks to codify same-sex marriage into federal law. As The Federalist’s Jordan Boyd reported, the legislation would enable LGBT activists, as well as the highly political Department of Justice, to use the legal system as a weapon to target and harass religious Americans who believe firmly in God’s definition of marriage.

Among the Republicans who voted “yes” for the bill were Sens. Roy Blunt of Missouri, Richard Burr and Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, Susan Collins of Maine, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, Rob Portman of Ohio, Mitt Romney of Utah, Dan Sullivan and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Joni Ernst of Iowa, and Todd Young of Indiana.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Never underestimate the RINOS ability to disappoint.

There is a war on America and America is losing
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
That’s how Mordor Works ..

That’s how Derby Donkey named Mitch and His Gang
Works ..

They’ll stuff that Omnibus Bill with as Much Evil as they can get into it..

“We the People “ are funding the Malignant Growth of State thru NGO’s the Attack US at the Macro Level..

Half of Mordor wouldn’t Exist if it wasn’t for the Largeness of The Derby Donkey named Mitch and his Band of Malcontents..

The Donkey’s been at this for 40 Years ..

Masquerading as the Loyal Opposition..

His Opposition is Really aimed at “ We the People “ ..

Chuck Foo Yankee Dawgs …

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
99% of them are bought and paid for by globalist interests intent on our nation's destruction, and our people's death and enslavement.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well when everything crashes and burns we can watch in real time.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
“But if you’ll just give us the Presidency, the Senate, and the House, we’ll fix it all!!!”-GOP

Yep, just like they “fixed” things in 2000-2006 and 2016-2018.

Hand some credit to the Dems, guys. At least they have the BALLS to push/pass their agenda, when they’re in power. What does the GOP do?? Obligatory “tax cut”, and nothing but compromises after that...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Phuque all of em, I had my fill of it quite some time ago!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No matter what's in it, it's a DemonRat's bill & by allowing it to be done his way, the R's in the house have just flushed any control over the 2023 spending that they could / might have had for all of 2023 down the toilet before they even take control of the House.

Beyond stupid, just more of allowing the Demons to fu^ck us over some more, as if what they've done in the last 2 years has not been enough.

I just don't see much chance of any turnaround with policies like this.

MM

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What??? Voting R didn't solve shiit?!?! Why, I'm.....

*yawn*

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They need to start doing zero baseline budgets. Make each and every office and branch justify every penny they spend. That’s what every business I’ve ever worked for has to do. This add 8.9% for inflation to last year’s spending is the biggest reason that spending is out of control.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Is SS safe? asking for a friend

GOA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
What??? Voting R didn't solve shiit?!?! Why, I'm.....

*yawn*

Yeah O M G , I just knew we were going to turn all this crap around by voting more R's into the mix >>LAF'n.

As soon as we get this voting mess cleaned out this country will do a 180 degree swopperoo0 because the republican party stands for the good hard working people of this country, Amen.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
45 years ago my dad said you'd have to nuke Washington to fix this mess.

Nobody here is surprised by this. The Rs and the Ds are on the same team...and it isn't our team.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
huntnshoot: I suppose you want to join the village idiot now known as "turdqueen" and just let the demonrats run unopposed and have the government to their anti-American selves?
I will readily acknowledge that todays batch of Republicans aren't doing much - part of it is they CAN'T do much because they are in the minority and part is there are several rino-backstabbers in power.
Still if YOU had an ounce of sense YOU would acknowledge that Republicans saved our ("our" being true Americans!) asses by struggling/fighting to gain control of the Supreme Court of the United States and soon to lead the United States House of Representatives.
And in a few dozen days the "Republicans" will (hopefully!) gain control of the Congressional "purse strings" and put that control to use!
OR... would you rather demonrats remain in control of the Senate, the Oval Office AND the House of Representatives?
Yeah "voting Republican" has solved some problems and most likely SAVED several aspects of American life including capitalism and our Second Amendment Rights to name just a couple.
OR.... again, you can enjoy your suffering under the likes of nanny piglosi, maxi-pad waters, adamshit, a-o-twat and their ilk running amok in the House of Representatives.
I completely disagree with your absurd, near-sighted, self destructive and ignorant contention.
You have done it - you have earned a sheesh!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You’ll have to be older to get it, but they remind of Jerry Quarry, the Great White Dopes’s!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Varmint Guy, I think you Mean well, but we had the house the senate and President Trump, they didn’t do much but impede the President!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
They need to start doing zero baseline budgets. Make each and every office and branch justify every penny they spend. That’s what every business I’ve ever worked for has to do. This add 8.9% for inflation to last year’s spending is the biggest reason that spending is out of control.

Bunch of liars selling that 8.9% inflation rate bullschit. Go to the grocery store and check prices. They're up a heck of a lot more than just 8.9%.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
They hate Trump for the success he had. Trump showed the world what thieves and idiots they are. They are in it too far to turn back now. McConnell has no pretense of conservatism now. He won't even utter anything against the destruction he has helped to inflict. He used to play like he was conservative but never again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarbe
The Rs and the Ds are on the same team...and it isn't our team.
word

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Nice thought, but spending it out of control exactly because they want no real control, nothing more, nothing less.

We are in a deficit spending, unending death spiral which is headed for a high altitude nose dive crash.................on all levels & I don't think it's avoidable.

What they just did here, just accelerates the impact speed.

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.