Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Trystan
Its the only pack I've used where I can pack 100 lbs comfortably.

Best hunting pack setup on the market today IMO.

Trystan
Just curious what other high-end packs you've spent time with?

Hi Jordan, I've packed with the kuiu pro lite, stone glacier, x2 Eberlystock, SO and some others that I don't recall the names of. In all of those instances it was pack swapping with fellow hunters although I have packed with a good number of less expensive packs. IMO the Eberlystock F1 mainframe setup shined when loaded heavy and other hunters who swapped with me came to the same conclusion. Have you had the chance to try an F1 mainframe? I'd be curious what your analysis is and certainly value your input and experience as well.

Trystan
Trystan,

I have not used the F1 personally. I wondered what packs you were comparing to when you mentioned that the F1 is the best you've used. I'm still curious if you had owned some of the other high-end packs, like SG and SO, and adjusted and set them up for your body, specifically, if they'd have done better for you.

My Eberlestock experience is limited to the Gunslinger II and the Just-One, and they weren't in the same league as the Kifaru, SO, MR packs I've owned and been around.

The Gunslinger and Just one are miles apart from the f1.
I figured as much, which is why I refrained from drawing any connections and asked questions about the F1.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Is SO back in good stead?
No, but they're not blacklisted, either. Customer service was disappointing, but I haven't found anything I like better, so here we are. Haha

My enthusiasm has definitely waned, and I'm not nearly as vocal in recommending SO as I used to be, but I still quietly use the gear.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Been running a kifaru Timberline for 11 yrs.

Lots of hunting…..Lots of meat hauls.

Last edited by Rodney482; 11/30/22.

I like guns | optics | fishing
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have been very happy with my Stone Glacier 5900 for serious work. Something a little less expensive and still up to day trips I've been using the MR sawtooth 45 which has worked pretty well for packing out deer/antelope loads.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I switched to a EXO K3 a couple years ago. Really like the meat shelve option.

Have tried Eberlestocks, looked at MR. Found their fabrics noisy in the brush and just OK packs

Owned and still own a couple Sitka and Nimrod packs
The fabric on the Sitka and Nimrods is very quiet.

Sitka great Flash series great smaller packs, but not much of a meat hauler

Nimrod a smaller company. Modular packs with basic lumbar pack and build from there. Nice concept, I use for a day trip pack, but without the frame structure, not much of a meat hauler.

So, close to truck and a couple hour hunt the Nimrod and Sitka are nice

But overall, I have three bags sizes from my EXO 1800, 3200 and 4800. Can flip bags sizes in less tan 10 min, will haul loads regardless of the bag attached.

IC B2

M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
An update.
I’ve been looking into all the suggestions, and I was able to handle a new Stone Glacier Approach 2800 which is a very nice pack but everything else I’d have to order. A used Kuiu pack came up locally and I decided to try it.
It’s a lightly used Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 bag and frame in my size. It’s about 1/3 of the cost of the SG Approach and other packs so I thought I better try it out first. If I don’t like it I should be able to resell.
It’s in excellent shape and so far I’ve spent time on my treadmill with 30lbs and one full day in the field with day gear and rifle. It’s a big improvement in comfort over my Eberlestock X2 with 30lbs so far.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.