Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Few things worse in a restaurant than being seated in "no man's land". Watching other patrons all around you getting drinks, orders, and food while you have yet to make contact with anyone.

I understand if they're busy and can't get to me immediately. At least acknowledge my presence. If nothing...I'm out of there. And no...I don't leave a tip.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tipping is an acknowledgement of the quality of the service provided. I keep a pocketful of pennies for the really crappy servers, and the good ones can earn a cash tip equaling or even exceeding the cost of the meal. It's their choice which way I jump!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Christopher tipped $16 on a $1200 tab. The waiter should have kept his mouth shut.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I usually tip 20% on the card because it’s mainly work-related expenses and I don’t get reimbursed for leaving cash. What is annoying is every counter service place now has a tip jar out by the cashier and has an automatic tip screen when you pay with default at 18% with 20% and 25% as options! Really? You expect a tip like that for ringing up my order? And now I gotta screw around on your touch screen to straighten that out? 🖕🏿🖕🏿 I might give you ten if you’re extra polite and actually give me a straw and a few paper towels without me having to ask. Rarely seems to happen too.

The liberal states requiring pay at $15 an hour get 10% max. You shouldn’t be making more than me to wait tables beetches; Especially when I just dropped $20 for a kids pb&j.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was at a bar one night on a company gig, so the boss asked me to put a tab on my company card.

It wasn't alot, maybe $600 all told but I was in no condition to do math so when the time came to close out the tab, I gave the waitress a $50 tip which in my state I thought was pretty decent. Easy math.

On the way out the door the manager tracked me down and asked if there was a problem with the service because I gave such a crappy tip. I told her to tell me what a fair tip was. I was embarrassed that I did it, but in my head, I thought $50 was pretty good for slinging drinks for a couple of hours.I don't remember what I ended up giving her. I'm sure it was probably 20%.- whatever number the manager came up with that I thought was reasonable.

That was the first and only time anyone tracked me down for being a schitty tiipper.

I will never understand the reason for a tip being a percentage of the bill.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I pay in cash and tip in cash. Usually very generously.

lightman
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I was at a bar one night on a company gig, so the boss asked me to put a tab on my company card.

It wasn't alot, maybe $600 all told but I was in no condition to do math so when the time came to close out the tab, I gave the waitress a $50 tip which in my state I thought was pretty decent. Easy math.

On the way out the door the manager tracked me down and asked if there was a problem with the service because I gave such a crappy tip. I told her to tell me what a fair tip was. I was embarrassed that I did it, but in my head, I thought $50 was pretty good for slinging drinks for a couple of hours.I don't remember what I ended up giving her. I'm sure it was probably 20%.- whatever number the manager came up with that I thought was reasonable.

That was the first and only time anyone tracked me down for being a schitty tiipper.

Then just go to McDonalds. Fine restaurants are off limits for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll give ya $50 when you lay 3-4 squares of shingles

Not for walking to my table 5 times with 4 beers

Some of this horseshît get a little ridiculous

Youre already charging me $5 each for $1.50 beer. Go get foucked

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

While I readily admit to being of lesser social status than my betters, I did not call for the abolishment of tipping, I merely am puzzled as to why it should be related to the bill.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by charleeontop
I have noticed lately if you pay cash at the table they bring back all but the change.
If it is 40c or 80c it is still mine, if this happens I figure this is what they think they worthy as a tip.
I tip well as a rule but this bothers me.
charlee

This and one of the servers at a local haunt just likes to tell you your total and not produce a bill. I want to see what I’m paying (and tipping for).

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Remember when covid was in style, the government relieved us of a few trillion dollars and gave us $1400 in return? We took that pittance and began to overtip the people who waited on us. Because of restrictions you couldn't fill all the tables and had to leave several empty ones between those with people. They went to extraordinary length to clean everything all the while having to wear the stupid masks. It cut into a lot of people's income.

We decided to spend the 1400 to help those who worked their butts off to keep the doors open usually 25-50 percent of the bill. Also usually buy a round of drinks for the folks that work in the kitchen that you never see. The 1400 is long gone but we keep tipping. I should mention that we are treated like royalty now in the restaurants we frequent. Seemed like the right thing to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another perspective on tipping.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who was it saying they tip their garbage man every Christmas? "He'd get rid of a rug rolled up with feet sticking out of it if I pulled it to the curb."

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

While I readily admit to being of lesser social status than my betters, I did not call for the abolishment of tipping, I merely am puzzled as to why it should be related to the bill.

What's so hard to understand about the fact that if you order 10 beers instead of 2 the waitress had to make 8 more trips to your table?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We tip our bartender well at the dancehal, she takes good care of us.

Last edited by hanco; 12/01/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We go out to eat maybe once a week at a sit down take your order place and my wife handles paying and tipping the girl who is the 22 year old daughter of a good friend. I don't know how much but my wife is a generous sort. All other times if possible and when travelling most of the time I go to a place where I can walk up to the counter and get my stuff and refill my own drink. Saving a dollar here and there mounts up mightily over a lifetime. This year at the Hastings Nebraska Subway I was directly asked for a tip by the girl that handed me a sandwich. She didn't get one.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dude270

What's so hard to understand about the fact that if you order 10 beers instead of 2 the waitress had to make 8 more trips to your table?

If I ordered a $100 steak or a $10 dollar burger same amount of trips back and forth no? Why does burger waitress get $2 but steak gets $20?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Dude270

If I ordered a $100 steak or a $10 dollar burger same amount of trips back and forth no? Why does burger waitress get $2 but steak gets $20?

Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillestadj

That is lost on so many.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Who was it saying they tip their garbage man every Christmas? "He'd get rid of a rug rolled up with feet sticking out of it if I pulled it to the curb."

Wasnt me but I've done it in the past, i also tip the guy who pressure washes my house, movers, I tip my taxidermist. An extra 20 goes a long way.

Now what I cant stand is a waitress/waiter that starts the whole do you want to close out or transfer tab mess, with technology these days, their pos system should be able to keep up with who has what tips left for them and those tips be distributed accordingly.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (35, 257 mag, 338Rules, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 14 invisible), 1,324 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,466
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.