Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
LOL Dumb ass got his just reward.

My grandfather was an admirer of beer. When he was older, he lost sight in one eye and couldn't hardly see out of the other so he quit driving and instead, he made a daily pilgrimage down to the corner store to get his 6 pack. One day as he was walking home, some young gang banger wanna-bes stopped their car and jumped out in an attempt to take his beer and wallet. My Grandfather was a professional boxer (Lew Jenkins). Those three teenagers got an ass whooping, a-la Second-Hand Lions, that I'm sure they are still talking about nearly 40 years later.

Moral of the story, don't fight old men. If they can, they'll kick your ass. If they can't they'll shoot ya!

Similar story with my cousin in Roundup, Montana. The family was at a diner having dinner and some loudmouth kept running his mouth with all sorts of foul language. My cousin asked him to cut out his cursing. The fellow continued to curse and my cousin walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar and pulled him off his chair. Then he explained how he would beat him senseless if he didn’t shut up, causing the malefactor to piss his pants.

My cousin resumed his meal without throwing a single punch. However, he did box extensively in golden gloves in the 1950’s and his brother did punch Cassius Clay in the face a few years earlier in a Golden Gloves match before the 1960 Olympics…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am 71 and have never been in an altercation with a stranger.
It takes two to tango, and they will eventually find each other.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by steve4102
There are several States that have “Duty to Retreat” laws, Arkansas being one of them.

“Duty to Retreat” means just that.

A state with a form of a “duty to retreat” policy expects individuals to attempt to retreat from imminent danger by running away or escaping the situation. If the individual is physically incapable of fleeing the situation, the use of deadly force can be considered self defense. If a person is cornered or physically restrained and facing bodily injury or death, they are then authorized to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves, including deadly force.

https://scharfflawfirm.com/self-defense-laws-u-s/

The driver stopped and got out of his truck, he did not retreat( drive away).

I suspect there might be legal consequences coming his way.

Why did you cut this line from your copy and paste trick?

“Duty to retreat” laws specifically pertain to the use of deadly force"

§ 1047.7 Use of deadly force.
(a) Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
He was that kid in Southpark ...same hat !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
kid was in the car with the guy who got knocked the f out.....kid will never say "my dad can beat up your dad."

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
There’s audio in this video. Hard to hear, but you can make out a good part of the dialogue after the boy hits the ground.

https://usacrime.com/man-knocked-out-seizure-arkansas-road-rage/
He did have a big bevy of beefy beauties to be strutting for.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The guy in the pickup wasn't trapped, he was in a parking lot and could have driven right out into the road. That is what he should have done.
The other driver couldn't fight, but he might have pulled a gun. "Mr. Boxer" didn't know if he was unarmed.

Two dumbasses sought each other out, solved nothing and didn't make the world a better place.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The guy in the pickup wasn't trapped, he was in a parking lot and could have driven right out into the road. That is what he should have done.
The other driver couldn't fight, but he might have pulled a gun. "Mr. Boxer" didn't know if he was unarmed.

Two dumbasses sought each other out, solved nothing and didn't make the world a better place.

Maybe in 2022, but in the days of this man, you had better keep your mouth shut or you could get seriously hurt.

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And out of nowhere, a pack of Sow hogs descend upon that guy.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

I was literally about to post the same thing.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are several States that have “Duty to Retreat” laws, Arkansas being one of them.

A state with a form of a “duty to retreat” policy expects individuals to attempt to retreat from imminent danger by running away or escaping the situation. If the individual is physically incapable of fleeing the situation, the use of deadly force can be considered self defense. If a person is cornered or physically restrained and facing bodily injury or death, they are then authorized to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves, including deadly force.

Desperate housewives syndrome.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Entertainment value of the video aside, this thread is extremely interesting from a sociological perspective.

In the not-so-long ago (1985ish and back) in the USA (and Canada as well, I imagine), one didn't have the right to get in someone's face, insult and provoke them, and, so long as the aggressor didn't touch the other person, experience no negative consequences.

In other words, one didn't have the right to be an azzhole without repercussions.

It wasn't in the legal code, but it was part of living in a civil society. Most learned this on the playgrounds, schoolbuses, and vacant lots across the country. Kids learned how to be civil by experiencing, or at least witnessing firsthand, the school of hard knocks.

I graduated from high school in 1986. Fights were a fairly regular occurrence in elementary and middle school, rarer, but still occurred, in high school. Nobody was ever seriously injured, and nobody was expelled, or even severely disciplined for a simple fistfight/ground grapple struggle.

But we learned not to be azzholes to others, or someone would come along and teach us some manners.

That hasn't been the case in schools for at least 30-35 years. And we have adult-aged children, like Mx. Skinny Jeans, who get well into their 20's or 30's and have never learned that lesson.

And then, eventually, they do.

Mx. Skinny Jeans is lucky he only received a concussion and some stitches learning his lesson. It could have been bullets and the morgue.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
"He can happen to anyone"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Entertainment value of the video aside, this thread is extremely interesting from a sociological perspective.

In the not-so-long ago (1985ish and back) in the USA (and Canada as well, I imagine), one didn't have the right to get in someone's face, insult and provoke them, and, so long as the aggressor didn't touch the other person, experience no negative consequences.

In other words, one didn't have the right to be an azzhole without repercussions.

It wasn't in the legal code, but it was part of living in a civil society. Most learned this on the playgrounds, schoolbuses, and vacant lots across the country. Kids learned how to be civil by experiencing, or at least witnessing firsthand, the school of hard knocks.

I graduated from high school in 1986. Fights were a fairly regular occurrence in elementary and middle school, rarer, but still occurred, in high school. Nobody was ever seriously injured, and nobody was expelled, or even severely disciplined for a simple fistfight/ground grapple struggle.

But we learned not to be azzholes to others, or someone would come along and teach us some manners.

That hasn't been the case in schools for at least 30-35 years. And we have adult-aged children, like Mx. Skinny Jeans, who get well into their 20's or 30's and have never learned that lesson.

Mx. Skinny Jeans is lucky he only received a concussion and some stitches learning his lesson. It could have been bullets and the morgue.

THIS

Montana MOFO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

Well said.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I was literally about to post the same thing.
Then you should have seen my reply.

§ 1047.7 Use of deadly force.
(a) Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Arkansas probably has a $1,000 limit for felony level theft or vandalism and phones these days can easily get there out-of-the-box. The contents can be even more valuable. Deliberately knocking a valuable phone out of his hand should be considered assault.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
There’s audio in this video. Hard to hear, but you can make out a good part of the dialogue after the boy hits the ground.

https://usacrime.com/man-knocked-out-seizure-arkansas-road-rage/
He did have a big bevy of beefy beauties to be strutting for.

Sitka you reeeealy missed a golden opportunity to use “bloviating” here…

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An azzwipe got royally and deservedly cold cocked - it was awesome!

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Then you should have seen my reply.
Steve, the two go together. It's a standard legal formula, i.e., death or serious bodily injury, but only within appropriate context.

If the blow was deemed unjustified (for example, you just walked up to someone and clocked him), and he died or suffered serious bodily injury, you'd be charged as if your intent were death or serious bodily injury, but that standard doesn't apply in the context of force used in self-defense, i.e., such as when you are cornered and struck by an aggressor. In that case, you apply the standards appropriate for self-defense against an unarmed attacker, i.e., you are justified in the application of force sufficient to neutralize further aggression, but short of that degree of force reasonably considered to be calculated to bring about serious injury or death. But in the context of actions in self-defense, it doesn't matter what degree of injury your actions actually cause. All that matters in that context is reasonable intent, i.e., would a reasonable person believe that your actions in self-defense were calculated to bring about serious injury or death (e.g., put the aggressor in the critical care ward or the graveyard). A singular punch to the face would not meet that standard in the context of an action carried out in self-defense, even if the result was death or serious bodily injury.

Different standards apply depending on justification, i.e., whether one is in the right or in the wrong.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (160user, 1234, 10ring1, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.