Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I missed out on the first one, how about a second one in time to get something under the tree. I'd coordinate if anyone's interested.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
GB1

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I'm interested Mongo but not before Christmas. Too much to do and 30th wedding anniversary for me and wifey on Dec 3rd to boot. After the 1st of 2008 would be fine though by me. Anytime after then.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mongo: Count me in, but I'd prefer delivery after the holidays too. That would give me some down time to work things up. One might come up with a theme or type of fly (wet, dry, steelhead, streamer, nymph etc) ahead of time in case some of us are weak on materials. While I hate it, numbers should be limited in case response isn't. Things like this can get out of hand. 1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 11/08/07.

1Minute
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm up for anything you folks would like to do. After the holidays is fine. As a "theme" I'd vote one for small stream trout patterns. Depending on where everyone lives, we should try put together something everyone could use. I live on Narragansett Bay and occasionally throw flys at Striped Bass and Bluefish. If I tie the local surf patterns on 1/0's, most inland folks will use them for hatpins. Everyone's got a small stream nearby, so how about it? Maybe we could limit this to a couple dozen. It would be really nice to see what other people are using though.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am in and will get AKGrayling and his buddy Bow72 to look at it as well. I will be happy to do whatever works for whoever is doing the work.

Had an interesting little bit of fly-fishing the other day... for halibut. Caught a fair fish (for fly rodding for bottom feeders) of abotu 30# or so. Will post a picture when I get a chance. A 9' 12wt Penn International, two hander, Hardy HUsky with a very fast sinking rocket taper and a weighted flesh fly with barbell eyes to help get it down.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm in but yea, after the holidays. I've got elk season coming then Christmas and such. That will take my time.

The unarmed man is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Danggggggg Art ......I bet that was one heckofa ride.......you can send me those ole nasty cheeks .....(grin)

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I also missed the first one. I "limbered" up the vise for the first time in awhile and was suprised to find that 30 years of tying wasn't lost. Please count me in...

bearhuntr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I saw how Houndgirl ran it last year. I would be willing to do the same, and PM anyone interested with my mailing address. I'd like to set a date (after the new year as requested) for Feb 1.

So far I've got:

1. A small stream theme.

Qtip
1Minute
Sitka deer
Hunterbug
Bearhuntr
Rob P

possibly

AKGrayling
Bow72

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You can add troutfly to the list of tyers.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rob,
Add me to the list.

Doug~RR

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I will be in it.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
How about opening the theme up. We may be cutting out guys who don't do small streams; like bass guys and those who do salt. Only trying to be fair and not limit some folks.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK, here's an update:

1. A small stream theme.

1. Qtip
2. 1Minute
3. Sitka deer
4. Hunterbug
5. Bearhuntr
6. Rob P
7. Troutfly
8. Red Rabbit
9. AK Grayling

A request to open up the small stream theme. I suggested it because most people have some small water near them. Since there's nine of us so far, I'm open for whatever you all would like to do. If the turnout is small, I'd be happy to do a couple.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you have room for one more I'll play. Since AK Grayling is going to be both a world renowned fly tier and NBA star someday his flies will be worth some serious coin down the road...... smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would like to sign up if you guys still have room.

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hi folks. I'm glad to see we have a couple more. I've been tying flys and filling boxes for Christmas gifts. Here's a box I just filled. Note the peanut butter and TP on the tying bench. I really need to get out more!

[Linked Image]

And no comments about the pink Hare's Ears. They work in these parts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking fly box! They all look like stuff we can use up here! And I like the pink!
M

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dear Dad,

You are probably not aware that I have moved. Please send the Christmas Fly Box to: 12345w South ST
Paradise Ak 12345

thanks!
You long lost son

ps Have a great Christmas

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Count Ned and I in!!!

I dig the theme....

What kinda deadline are we lookin' at???

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.