Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just came today, a trigger guard for the Minis from Jefferson Outdoor that uses CZ527 magazines. Unit is machined aluminum. Mine dropped right in and feeds from a 5-shot perfectly. Also ordered a 3-shot meant for the 527 M1 that fits flush, but had to apply a little file-fu to the baseplate for clearance for the release tab. I’ll test the 3-shot when I go up for my nap.

I have a rail on my Carbon stalker, so the OG unit wasn’t a good choice, plus I wanted to run mags with the .223, just not the plastic ones. This works. The 5-shot drops right out, and the 3-shot needs a little tug after hitting the release, a good thing since the tab extends a bit below the baseplate. No internal length increase over the Howa mags, but just about any bullet that will spin from the 1-8 should fit fine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jefferson also makes a metal unit that uses the factory mags, and a blind mag setup.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/howa-mini-cz-bottom-metal/

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay, the 3-shot works too. Loaded, it pops right out.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks great! How much does the whole package weigh?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dunno. It was 7lbs on the nose before I swapped out the unit. That scope goes 25oz, so there’s some wiggle room if I decide it’s too heavy.

Just occurred to me that the CZ mags are small enough for my shirt pocket.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
get a good fix for the magazines and I would really consider owning another one. would love to see them take a standard AR mag

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
May have to try these!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
How do you like the Howa?
What caliber is the rifle?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAA357
How do you like the Howa?
What caliber is the rifle?

This is my second, third if you count the 7.62x39 I bought my grandson. My other is a 6.5 G with a hinged floorplate and light stock. I really like the Minis once I get them tarted up with better magazines. Bolt actions scaled to the small cartridges are scarce these days, and CZ dumped one of the best, the 527. Howa .223s are hard to find at times, so I jumped on the first Carbon Stalker I found. I really like the stocks from Wayne York better, but the total cost is similar. Will probably paint this one, but it’ll get some tape for now, until I convince myself I can do a decent spray/sponge job.

It’s a 1-8” .223

What fresh Hell is this?
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Looks very interesting. How much COAL does the 527 mag allow?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
2.32 sumptin’, so no joy for the pointy bullet boys. Not a problem for me, and don’t know yet what the leade will allow.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks good. I'm glad to see a good unit being built for them. I have the OG bottom metal on mine, and I had some problems with it until Wayne York send me a replacement spring, and now it works like a charm. Although I don't care for the Howa factory mags, that 3 shot flush fitting CZ mag looks pretty nice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sadly,2.320" is AR ASC mag confines and a bust. If I'm gonna drive said confines,it's obviously only gonna be with ASC mags and that glaring void,is wide open on the Howie. Hint.

For conversation my last OEM 8" RPM 223 boltgun(S/S 20" CTR),Smooches 75 ELD's at 2.520",which OEM Teeker 223 mags happily accept. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bullets matter ladies. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, it won’t hobble Grandpa much. His needs are simpler than yours.

BTW, have you had to relieve the forend tip on your Carbon Minis? Mine’s tapping the barrel at times it seems.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've long had an inklling,to shoot wares to their potential and that of course starts with projectile selection. An 8" RPM 223 SALAMI,will do some nice things and it's a shame to eliminate the best options by default,due COAL constraints. Hint.

My 'tips are unmolested. As Rifles in general go and if/when talking contours of the ilk,I wanna be FL bedded,FREE floated or have 'tip pressure loaded on purpose. Enter No Man's Land and ALL bets are off. Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone know what COAL the Oregunsmithing internal mag conversion will allow on the Howa Mini?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

I've never even heard of 'em. Keep Googlin'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mine just got one of JB’s bread bag tags under the receiver ring. No more tappy. We shall see what that do next time out…

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll pass on purposely intalling a receiver crooked,in ANY stock. Hint.

Though I have seen me load the 'tip,as R&D. Hint.............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

I've never even heard of 'em. Keep Googlin'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Now why don't you post a picture of you standing in that internal magazine (but not in women's clothing)?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep waxing eloquent,upon your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities,as a mag box reliably stumps you. Pun be intended. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (338rcm, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,610
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.